Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting it but not selling my original. I love the matte and shading of the 1st. This one is more inline with retro sneaky that looks really good with the chrome coloring.

I skipped the original back in my early days of Hot Toys collecting, saying that I didn't need this simple "repaint". Well, then I started buying all of the HPP sets, and always regretted missing out on this one. That feeling is now remedied.

I'm not an Iron Man collector, so don't kill me when I say I'm not a huge fan of Red/Gold color scheme, so this is intriguing to me.

Pondering about this over Mark VII, then realized the amount of accessories included is a joke compared to VII, for $28 cheaper.

iron-man-mark-xxi-midas_marvel_gallery_5f99dbf261802.jpg

iron-man-mark-vii_marvel_gallery_5c4be7f787dc3.jpg

I'm not an Iron Man collector, so don't kill me when I say I'm not a huge fan of Red/Gold color scheme, so this is intriguing to me.

Pondering about this over Mark VII, then realized the amount of accessories included is a joke compared to VII, for $28 cheaper.

right? doesn't make sense. should be more priced like the mark 47 at around $370

The original Midas was $50 more than the original VII, and similarly came with nothing. Its a feature of Exclusives to have a premium, its perhaps a signal we've finally hit a price ceiling that this Midas is actually slightly cheaper than the original.

The price is steep but all HT figures are. Saving 20 or 40 bucks kinda feels about the same.
I personally would never use a gold pod on display. So the only thing they could throw in would be battle damaged panels.... I think it will look superb nice and shiney new on the shelf.

Hard to tell from the harsh lighting, but it looks to be a nice transition between the two original versions.

Not so "in your face" bling chrome on the panels, but definitely not the beige and dull gold of the first one.
I may pick this guy up down the road.

Should pretty well kill the secondary market price for the Shanghai Disney Chrome one, that's for sure.

I wouldn't pay retail for it, but I think I may cash out my points on this. I don't have the regular DC Mk7, and I doubt we'll see any more HPP opportunities. Plus its getting so much harder to get promo rewards points I am less and less enthused about buying on sideshow with shipping and tax, and I have so many points saved I really think I need to spend them before they devalue them or something else drastic

HPStvih.jpg

iron-man-mark-xxi-midas_marvel_gallery_5f99dbf261802.jpg

iron-man-mark-vii_marvel_gallery_5c4be7f787dc3.jpg

I just noticed that Midas and Mk VII have different heads, and that the actual Mk VII head looks more like the Midas head.

I wouldn't pay retail for it, but I think I may cash out my points on this. I don't have the regular DC Mk7, and I doubt we'll see any more HPP opportunities. Plus its getting so much harder to get promo rewards points I am less and less enthused about buying on sideshow with shipping and tax, and I have so many points saved I really think I need to spend them before they devalue them or something else drastic

HPStvih.jpg

Nice! That does look pretty bad ass. I don't buy HPP Iron Men, but this one does seem tempting...

Back