IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take your alls words for it cause I honestly don't recall that. It's not too early possibly seeing as October is the start of q4. Basically it came out late q3.

i wonder why the hulk buster came out great while the Mark VI didn't?

I figured the hulk buster would be more complicated?

i wonder why the hulk buster came out great while the Mark VI didn't?

I figured the hulk buster would be more complicated?

My guess would be completely different factories where they were each made. Someone made the decision that cost was a more important factor than quality, which is the thing that pisses me off probably the most, because at $500 each, considerably higher than the typical ~$300 price point, you would assume that quality was a given.

My guess would be completely different factories where they were each made. Someone made the decision that cost was a more important factor than quality, which is the thing that pisses me off probably the most, because at $500 each, considerably higher than the typical ~$300 price point, you would assume that quality was a given.

what puzzles me is the hulk buster was like $430 and had a stellar paint job and the IM maquette @ $499 has a worse paint job?

why? :gah:

Yep mine arrived with the same visible brush strokes on the golden part of the lower jaw and uneven black line between the gold and red. There's also a small chip on his right palm. :( I'll get some pics later, I'm overseas tho so I dunno if I can return/exchange it. Anyone in Australia done return/exchanges b4 for a direct purchase?

Yep mine arrived with the same visible brush strokes on the golden part of the lower jaw and uneven black line between the gold and red. There's also a small chip on his right palm. :( I'll get some pics later, I'm overseas tho so I dunno if I can return/exchange it.

I didn't even mention that mine had a couple of chips on the palm. They were clearly painted over with a very poor match of glossy red and black paint.

This whole statue = FAIL

I didn't even mention that mine had a couple of chips on the palm. They were clearly painted over with a very poor match of glossy red and black paint.

This whole statue = FAIL
Yeah, I didn't notice the chip on the palm until after I sent the pictures in to Alterego. I wouldn't say the whole statue is a fail...it is a cool sculpt and the light up feature is nice...

Sideshow just dropped the bigtime on quality control.

I pretty down at the moment, the light up is great, but paint application all around is subpar, and it's not battle damage but uneven surfaces, paint around the joints forming blebs, multiple small dust particles that got under the surface before painting leaving bumps in the paint etc. So far, nothing I've purchased from Sideshow has this kind of paint done on it, even the IM bust/comiquettes and SIM are all perfect comparatively. I've never had a single issue with them til now.

Yeah, I didn't notice the chip on the palm until after I sent the pictures in to Alterego. I wouldn't say the whole statue is a fail...it is a cool sculpt and the light up feature is nice...

Sideshow just dropped the bigtime on quality control.

Yeah, you're right, "fail" is too harsh. If it was done correctly, this statue would have been epic. But because of a simple paint job that got sloppy, the whole piece is ruined.

I feel bad for you all that got one that isn't what you had hoped. I do know SS will fix it.

Since this is a photo thread we need some photos though. Happy ones. :)

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

You got a damn nice one !
awesome

Thank you! I think overall this is probably the case but for those that didn't it sucks and I feel bad. I know how much I was looking forward to this guy. Forget price tag for a second and just how much someone looks forward to something. Thats a kick in the gut when it goes not the way you want.

Let me clarify when I say I know SS will fix it I mean do everything they can to get people statues without errors.

I don't see anything Webb.

Just to the right on the mask they are very small and you'd never see them with your eye, but on pictures where the camera highlights everything then things can look worse than they are.

Last edited:
Oh, ok I see where you're talking about. Just went and looked and don't see it now so yeah must be something the way the light hit it.

Back