Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick, question from a n00b for those with a HTs IM:

How does this piece 'snap' into place on the metal-looking stand? It can't just stand there because it's so wobbly, it'll just fall.

And yes, this IS rocket science. :lol Don't let anyone tell you elsewise.

Put the clear plastic tube in the hole towards the beck end, and take the black pliers looking thing and slide that over the pole. That clamp holds the figure, and you can adjust the height and secure it by tightening the screw on it.

Put the clear plastic tube in the hole towards the beck end, and take the black pliers looking thing and slide that over the pole. That clamp holds the figure, and you can adjust the height and secure it by tightening the screw on it.

Oh, so it can't just stand freely on the metal platform WITHOUT the clamp and tube?

I see. I thought the feet would snap into place or something to that effect.

Oh, so it can't just stand freely on the metal platform WITHOUT the clamp and tube?

I see. I thought the feet would snap into place or something to that effect.

They don't snap in, but that base is cool for doing dynamic aerial poses and such, because that clamp can slide up higher and secure in place.

And am I missing something with trying to put the back of the clamp around the tube? I see the screw where you can tighten it or loosen it, but it doesn't want to give much. And trying to get it to go around the tube is a pain in the butt. I don't want the plastic teeth grip to scratch the pole as it slides on.

Advice or am I worrying too much?

Mine went on pretty easily. Maybe yours doesn't like you :lol

Trying sticking the pole in the freezer to cool it off and shrink it some, and run the clamp under hot water to expand it some. Maybe that will help ya out some.

Trying sticking the pole in the freezer to cool it off and shrink it some, and run the clamp under hot water to expand it some. Maybe that will help ya out some.

HTs have NEVER liked me. :lol

I got it finally. Thanks for the advice though. :rock

Last question: The clear pole that goes into the base. Does it go all the way to the bottom of the hole (in the base) or only about halfway? It doesn't advance much on mine. It's stable, but I can tell it didn't go all the way down. Didn't know if I should force it or not?

(And if some inserts a 'That's what she said' post. I'm going to be pissed. :lol)

It shrinks in the cold. :rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc"]‪george costanza - i was in the pool‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I have 2 little garden statues in front of my door and I always write a nice polite message for UPS to please leave it in between the statues so it would be inconspicuous.
Then I also sign it, and put UPS wont be held responsible if item was stolen.
I dont know if they scan that signature or something but they always leave the box for me.

It will depend on the driver. As I said before there is a signature waiver form on SS's website. My life got much easier once I started sending those in.

Heck yeah! Jump in a cold swimming pool! Just look at poor George. :lol

Instead of the freezer we should throw our toys into a cold pool to make them shrink. Tony Start would be running around.."I was in the pool! I was in the pool." Then Pepper would ask "They shrink?". :rotfl

How does this piece 'snap' into place on the metal-looking stand? It can't just stand there because it's so wobbly, it'll just fall.

It's true, the figure doesn't snap into the base and you have to use the pole, but the base does have moving parts that might suggest it. The parts to the left end the right of each foot can be moved. they 'snap' into place. But other than that, they don't do anything.

HTs have NEVER liked me. :lol

I got it finally. Thanks for the advice though. :rock

Last question: The clear pole that goes into the base. Does it go all the way to the bottom of the hole (in the base) or only about halfway? It doesn't advance much on mine. It's stable, but I can tell it didn't go all the way down. Didn't know if I should force it or not?

(And if some inserts a 'That's what she said' post. I'm going to be pissed. :lol)

MIKE, STAY AWAY FROM HOT TOYS!!!!!!!!!
:thud:

I rechecked the SSC specs & yeah, I didn't see any donuts. I was expecting donuts for some reason. Other places had it in their listings for this figure:

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of red framed sunglasses
- One (1) donut box with one donut inside
- Figure stand with Mark IV nameplate and movie logo
- One more additional square-shaped figure stand with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)

Maybe the Asian release has donuts :dunno
I know I know it's only donuts. But I have to correct myself. It does say on the SSC site that it comes with the donut box :D

It's here under summary :D
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901322

"The Mark IV collectible is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as the iconic Tony Stark character in Iron Man Mark IV armor as seen in Iron Man 2, highlighting the collector's edition color and well-equipped armor, great movability, as well as the movie-accurate sunglasses and donut box as special value-added accessories."

Carry on :D

Last edited:
Back