Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's also just a matter of scale. You can actually see reflections in the second pic I posted. If you look really close at the helmet you can see me taking the photo. You can also see nearly the same exact reflection on the left shoulder in the first pic.

I have the regular Mark II also and there is a bit of reflection coming from the gloss, but remember the old Mark II came before the BD Mark III and it doesn't actual have metallic paint. The regular Mark III uses red + gloss and the regular Mark II uses silver + gloss, the new Mark II now actually uses metallic silver similar to how all the post BD Mark III ironman figures all uses metallic red. And judging from the Toy Hunter pic, the paint they use looks equivalent to about two layers of Alcad chrome, which is pretty impressive for something small and mass produced. Again, the protos and magazine shots didn't get to show off much reflection of the scene so it's hard to tell how much better this new paint really is, hopefully we'll get more pics soon.

I think the difference in the toyhunter and Milk photos vs the Hot Toys official pics is simply just a matter of lighting and how the photos where taken.

Well yes but in a shop you're going to have multiple lights coming from every direction and bouncing off the figure creating that shinier/sparkly look unlike in your home with one or two lights bouncing off it that is diffused.

mkiicaptre.jpg

Same effect in the movie scene/behind the scenes/scene preparation. Multiple lights are all around.

See what happens when you break out a lot of clear small Christmas lights around it with a good camera like what you have.

mkiicaptre3.jpg

mkiicaptre4.jpg

mkiicaptre2.jpg

I still hold out hope. If something as major as the entire exposed lower legs is being replaced… maybe we'll see some other changes as well. The release date on this is so far off who the hell knows what they'll change.

something interesting noted in the article; it says the Mech test tony boots are actually just placeholders for the prototype and are too short, HT is sculpting new leg parts to replace the mech test boots which will be taller.

this new MK2 better be as same height as MK4-6 :slap

HOT TOYS JUST RELEASED THIS VIDEO :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE_p8ZPeeQM&feature=feedu"]YouTube - Iron Man 2 - Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Video.mov[/ame]

damn you beat me to it lol... Neck looks shortened though, makes him look awesome!

freeze frame at 13 seconds, the neck has to be shortened... Looks more accurate!

Back