Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

I wouldn't want real metal. I hate die-cast toys. Heavy and low-detail.

On the subject of the rivets neither the raised one on the original or the countersunk ones on this new one are accurate. The actual suit the rivets where flush, just a different finish. I have no idea how you'd do that at this scale though so I'm fine with either solution to representing them.

If this is in fact a proportional fix, I'll probably give away my Mark II to a friend. I've gotten my monies worth out of it.

I ain't in this hobby to make money, I don't really sell anything.

I ain't in this hobby to make money, I don't really sell anything.

I'm the same way. As long as I re-coup what I paid for a figure, I'm more than happy. I sold off both my Mk I and Mk II to members here for only $250 a few months ago. Having owned them both, I just can't justify the asking prices those 2 figures have shot up to. But good for the people that still love them and the sellers making a small fortune of them too, I guess:dunno

still really like mine :)

IMG_1296.jpg

The shine seems more accurate on the old one... but we'll see.

Now if my hopes prove correct and the new Mark II is fully corrected proportions wise you might find yourself doing the opposite conversion. Mark II to Mark III. :)

This better not be the sideshow exclusive I look forward to getting it with ease.

That's greg's custom right? I was about to buy a Mark III and do a full convert but now maybe I wont have to.

yeppers, if he didn't use the bd version, I would prolly be interested in the new one too. I really like the look with the chest plate off.

IMG_1284.jpg

Yeah comparing that to the new one, the new chest is definitely new. The wrist thing might be a re-use. It's fun to speculate.

We all know that custom intimately, we watched it get built from start to finish. It kind of belongs to all of us :monkey3 ........................but mostly you :monkey2

As long as the proportions are fixed I'll buy! I hope they do a new mk 3 too, realli like th mk 3

abs look different from MII/III BD, more defined details, don't look like its just painted gaps from a single mould but possibly result of MKIV/VI style staggered individual abs plates

Back