Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are so many people so bummed out that it's made of plastic? Do people actually believe the die-cast figures don't have plastic?

Yeah it’s a pretty blatant and lazy money grab, but it actually looks kind of cool. I wonder if the base lights up and creates an internal glow. If not I’m sure it could be rigged. I think one smart thing would have been to include a mini version of the holo armor with a light up work table or something. That would fit in nicely with other Stark lab themed pieces. Not sure if I’ll get this, but not writing it off so long as HT doesn’t slap a diecast price tag on it.

They should have done a paint redeco of Igor with Mark IV colors.
That would be interesting.
Or a Warbuster repaint of Hulkbuster to save me the time and expense of trying to find someone to mod mine.

Last edited:
I may get this just to resell later to make a profit to buy figures I really want. :rotfl

Why are so many people so bummed out that it's made of plastic? Do people actually believe the die-cast figures don't have plastic?

A lot of people seem to equate more weight with more value. A higher price is justified if it weighs more. Same thing in the statue community with many people saying they'd never buy cheap plastic/PVC statues, seemingly oblivious to the fact that resin/polystone are plastic products.

A better exclusive would have been the "zombie" Iron Man from Spider-Man Far From Home. This is just ugly.

its quite well known , hot toys summer exclusives, especially Iron Men, are rehashes or repaints so that they can deliver fast during cons. i consider this Mk4 effort as innovative with a touch of creativity. at least better than the neons

its quite well known , hot toys summer exclusives, especially Iron Men, are rehashes or repaints so that they can deliver fast during cons. i consider this Mk4 effort as innovative with a touch of creativity. at least better than the neons

^^^ This guy gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some more photos that they posted on facebook.

106586936_10157330855042344_8950737711442325250_o.jpg

zG1WhCL.jpg

106672915_10157330855162344_555123220439727720_o.jpg

105026578_10157330855347344_425347416740943955_o.jpg

How much do you guys think he's gonna go for?

I’d say at least $400. The Mark 7 crested that number and with this being LIMITED and EXCLUSIVE and whatever other buzz words, especially for a new “type” of armor and being a relatively limited run.

I don’t hate it. But I’m curious to see how much mileage HT is going to get of the mold for this/Mark 6 Diecast.

This is most likely all plastic. No diecast. It's "MMS568 Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version)". If it were diecast it would also have a "D" number after the MMS number. And would say Diecast in the promo photos by Hot Toys logo and exclusive logo.

For example, the last Iron Man and diecast figure is "MMS553 D35 IRON MAN 2 - Neon Tech War Machine"

If this were Diecast, it would be MMS568 D36, the next Diecast figure as they have made 35 so far to date.

Example

View attachment 489094

Attachments

• dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 125
Back