Iron Giant Figure by Mondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics i took of my friends Giant :)

20160317_181329.jpg

20160317_181302.jpg

20160317_181124.jpg

20160317_181043.jpg

20160317_181038.jpg

20160317_181138.jpg

20160317_181113.jpg

I gt mine today. And I FREAKING LOVE IT! Wow. It is very well articulated and very well done. I think this is all round a FANTASTIC figure and will recommend for any fans of Iron Giant. I will take some pics tomorrow. I wish it was die cast, it does look a little cheap,and is it worth the price tag...? Yes and no. This is my third greatest toy in my collection, just behind Kermit and Reeves Superman.

Hmmm, pulled mine back out of the box after I cleared shelf space and since just sitting securely in there for a few days, his voice has crapped out like the YouTube video posted recently and the light is barely existent. I'm hoping it's just bad batteries.

Hmmm, pulled mine back out of the box after I cleared shelf space and since just sitting securely in there for a few days, his voice has crapped out like the YouTube video posted recently and the light is barely existent. I'm hoping it's just bad batteries.

Please give and update if changing batteries solved this issue.
Thank you.

So does this mean they haven't made their... er, enough money back yet, and are milking the pot? :rolleyes2

Yeah it looks cool and isn't the first or last time they or another company will do this. But no, I don't need it. One Iron Giant is fine enough with me. :)

An edition of 150 is tiny.
I'm sure they'll sell out pretty fast, if just by speculators alone.
Whether there is a market for this variant on the secondary market remains to be seen.
Maybe the completists will need this one.

Besides, Mondo said on their website: "Often toys would come out in funky variations, like 'Lava Punch' this and 'Ice Shield' that, and with this in mind we created The Iron Giant Shadow Variant."
Sounds like if this sells, we will see a "Lava Punch" variant.

Last edited:
I don't think so. It seems like Mondo was just looking for two names that were evocative of 80s/90s action figure variants, and "Ice Shield/Lava Punch" were suitably cheesy.

I know I'm late to the game with this one, but finally got confirmation from BBTS that they have this in stock and will be shipping my pre order shortly. Can't wait to receive this thing!

I honestly think the Shadow Variant would go good with the regular one on display. You can have nice Giant with pissed off Giant, side by side.

Back