"Interest Thread for Possible Run #2 for" 1/6 Jawa's Robe and Hood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, bro. I got them from MYC's seamstress. If you go to the first page and scroll through I think her contact info is available there. She makes them pretty damned well.

from Lopie:
MYC was kind enough to help us make this happen. He has made a 1/4 Jawa and I asked him if he would be willing to scale the robes down to 1/6.
He spoke with his seamstress and she is willing to do a small run of robes and hoods for us. The cost for each set of will be $55.00 shipped;
however, if we can get 10 orders or more she is going to give us a discount for $50.00 shipped. And again this is "ONLY" for robes and hoods a set includes 1 robe and 1 hood.

Thanks Solo...

If you don't mind me asking how are the eyes wired? Is it a straight setup... on/off switch - battery - LEDs... Or is there a resistor in there?

What kind of batteries are used.

Do you use regular sized LEDs or the smaller bulbs?

Hey, bro. No resistor and I use an on off switch with a 3v battery holder and switch. Takes a Cr2032 battery. The LED is a 1.8mm 3 volt yellow.

Thanks Solo_Bones.

It looks like the only way I'm gonna get a Jawa... is to build one! Lets just say the wife saw the SSC photos and review. With over 20 years under our belt, she finally put her foot down on my collecting. :lol

Anyway I was at Toys R Us and noticed these 8" NECA figures on sale ($15). I bought one thinking it might make a good base for a Jawa. I'm not sure what the articulation is like on these figures? Posing this body might not be as fancy as SSC's, but I think it might work??? The figure stands about an inch taller than SS's R2.

I'd like to ask if you guys think this body would work?

I also found this 3v battery holder with a built in switch. I haven't bought one yet, I'm not sure if it'll be too bulky?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 108
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hey, bro. No way of knowing for sure, but that looks like an EXCELLENT option...complete with gloved hands. Great find!!

Just fount this thread. I'm looking to purchase a couple robes/hoods...can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I was hoping my wife would teach me the basics of sewing so I could construct the robes myself as well as sew other things, but she wasn't all about doing that...so I ordered two robes to move forward with the project. Now I'm looking for thin leather and other components while I'm waiting for the body to come in; the delivery date is somewhere at the end of August/beginning of September...a stupid-long wait for whatever reason. If the body works out I'll get another one or two on order right away; I'd also like to do a Jawa Jedi, especially if the body works out cause it's super-posable. I'm also looking into the 6th scale wood and metal Lee-Enfield rifle you used to convert into the blaster; lots of stuff to bring together (as you know), and I need to figure out the lighting of the eyes.

I found this pic of the 11cm Obitsu body with the limbs removed...no elastic bands. Also, with the way it breaks down I'm thinking I could re-work the limbs to make a taller Jawa, which I may try from the get-go depending on how tall he'll be when a head is added and the feet modified. The hands I'll have to make from scratch.

Obitsu-Feather02.jpg

Let me know if you score nice thin leather, its a challenge I've not yet solved.

You know that body is only 4.3 inches, yeah? I only go 6" on the tiny tiny requests and that still ends up around 7". I've found that 8-1/2-9" is the sweet spot. A 6" Jawa holding a Lee Enfield will look out of scale.

Let me know if you score nice thin leather, its a challenge I've not yet solved.

You know that body is only 4.3 inches, yeah? I only go 6" on the tiny tiny requests and that still ends up around 7". I've found that 8-1/2-9" is the sweet spot. A 6" Jawa holding a Lee Enfield will look out of scale.

Understood. I'm thinking I could lengthen the legs a bit but I may be dreaming, that's why I only ordered one. I'm continuing to look for something in the height range you recommended, perhaps a larger doll that can be cut down to size. I appreciate the insight; when I receive the robes in a week or so it'll give me a better perspective...right now I'm just analyzing pictures.

Update: Obitsu does a 21cm (8.27") doll body I'll look into... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1fuPOLtyHY

Not sure. I have no opinion until I can see tha back..I need to see real leather and feel the quality of leather.

Look into getting some viny. I'm going that route. It's good enough for a 1:6 scale figure. A few years ago I bought some A. Brown WWII bandoliers and that's all they were made out of. If you carefully peel off the backing of the vinyl you get a nice thin leather like material. It's also easier to find at local fabric stores, cheeper than leather, comes in a lot of colours, easy to cut and glues well with CA. If you want to weather it, just hit it with a light dusting of paint.

I agree Weezer and have purchased some "pleather" as well, although it'll only lend itself to one-sided straps, etc. IMO, if you're going to see the back-side of the item, say the blaster holster, than you should probably use real leather. I ordered a 1'x1' square of the leather noted above, which will make a lot of items if usable, for $15...a bargain when it comes down to it. Hopefully it'll arrive before the week's out.

Does anyone have a good source for 6th scale buckles...I'm finding a bunch on Etsy and eBay but not sure of the size or quality?

Back