• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale INTEREST LIST for a custom 1/6 ANH style TUSKEN RAIDER Robe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parcel's been stuck at the same tracking point for a week now...

November 25, 2021, 4:24 pm
Departed
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on November 25, 2021 at 4:24 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Royal Mail refuses to track the number:

Tracking information is not available for this service

So there's no indication what stage the parcel is at, whether it's stuck in customs or not. All manner of deliveries are messed up at the moment.

I'm at the same stage, but from the 27th so at least things are consistently ****.

That transfer hub is notorious for holding things for a while.

I recently had an order of stands get hung up there for over 3 weeks. The buyer just swore that they never even made it there and must’ve gotten lost by USPS in the states because Royal Mail said they never got it and the tracking was wrong.
Good news is that they showed up safe and sound to the customer after vacationing in Heathrow for almost a month. 😄

I'm at the same stage, but from the 27th so at least things are consistently ****.

That transfer hub is notorious for holding things for a while.

I recently had an order of stands get hung up there for over 3 weeks. The buyer just swore that they never even made it there and must’ve gotten lost by USPS in the states because Royal Mail said they never got it and the tracking was wrong.
Good news is that they showed up safe and sound to the customer after vacationing in Heathrow for almost a month. 😄

The robe just arrived! :)

Tracking didn't update since the 25th November event, and there were no customs charges! :yess:

Now I just need one of my Tuskens to come into stock and get delivered. :lol

Boom! Mine just arrived too. Now to get the folds out. I wonder if ironing it will also get rid of the crinkle effect.

Boom! Mine just arrived too. Now to get the folds out. I wonder if ironing it will also get rid of the crinkle effect.

I wondered about that as well. Ironing was my first thought, then I thought of the crinkles.

What seems to help is rolling the robe up into a sausage shape - which is how I've left it for now until a Tusken arrives.

I have a test robe that I could run an iron on and see how the fabric reacts if you guys would like.

The other thing that I’ve done before is run a piece of clothing under some cold water and fit it on a spare body while it dried to help get wrinkles out.

Quick pic straight out of the box with the robe on...he still has his boot plastic wraps on. I may trim some of the fabric off the bottom so it doesn't trail as much but I'm super impressed how good he looks now. Thanks again @Cocoboloboy I'll run it under the tap too, see if i can get it to lose some of it's volume.

tusken.jpg

Last edited:
Quick pic straight out of the box with the robe on...he still has his boot plastic wraps on. I may trim some of the fabric off the bottom so it doesn't trail as much but I'm super impressed how good he looks now. Thanks again @Cocoboloboy I'll run it under the tap too, see if i can get it to lose some of it's volume.
Nice pic! It probably won’t shrink up much if any but it’s really easy to trim if you’d like a less lengthy robe.

If you end up trimming it I suggest trimming from each vertical seam to the front only at first and leave the back of it at full length. Kind of make a cut that goes from nothing at the seam to about 1/4 inch off at the front.

The other thing that I’ve done before is run a piece of clothing under some cold water and fit it on a spare body while it dried to help get wrinkles out.

I just did this.

Soaked the robe, put it on a naked body on a stand, and have left it to dry.

It looked good immediately because the excess material formed into vertical folds. I can tell it's going to be a big improvement over the skimpy HT Mandalorian robe.

I've had the Coco cloaks for a while but just waiting for the first of my Tusken Raiders to arrive. Should be in a couple of days.

The UK group was expecting the Tuskens to be ready in Hong Kong this week. He hasn't invoiced yet so there's probably a delay, and then there's the uncertain post situation getting them into the country. And after that he has to box them up and send them out. So could be a while.

The other one is from KG Hobby, and the Hong Kong Post Vantage service they're using is pretty hopeless at the moment. The two VTS Starship Troopers have allegedly been in DPD's hands in Hong Kong since 18th November.

I picked up more fabric last week for Cindy so I’ll have more robes ready soon.

Unfortunately it’s a different color. A lighter cream to white rather than the nice tan. It’s the exact same product number and description as before but just manufactured in a different country so it looks different and it replaced what I bought before.

Good news is I can get it to look just fine after dying it. Bad news is that I don’t recommend it in its stock color unless you plan on doing some work to it. Regardless, I’ll let you guys decide if you still want a stock robe after I post pics of the new stuff.

Back