Statue Infinity Studio: Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) 1:1 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS maybe hard to deal with their distribution fee, how about BBTS, their just a mom and pop shop. They were also supposed to carry the bust.

Damn scalpers.. selling this statue for over $ 5.000 on eBay. No doubt IS isn't a serious company

It kinda is. Look at the hunger everyone has to get their hands on this. The resale is going to be through the roof and the hunger will be more so. It’s what makes it exciting.

It’s a big part of collecting and it’s what’s being lost. Good for the companies that are keeping it limited I say.

Otherwise if you’re into mass overproduced stuff then go ahead. There’s a market for that. Not my cup of tea.

Who knows, maybe Sideshow is making their own out of Polystone and ABS and sculpted hair. [emoji23]

"Limited" is NOT the point AT ALL. We were told one thing and something else happened.

"Limited" is NOT the point AT ALL. We were told one thing and something else happened.

If I wanted this I would have ordered it through specfictionshop. I would not have waited to order through sideshow. After all the mess that’s been going on with Prime1, Infinity Studios just doesn’t seem like they would be able to bring it through them, even if they said that and them saying that sounds suspicious. It would have been my first instinct to order through Specshop.

But I’m not into WW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But who knows, now that the money smell is in the air you guys may get lucky and Infinity maybe be able to strike up a better deal with Sideshow and they can get allotted some busts.

If I wanted this I would have ordered it through specfictionshop. I would not have waited to order through sideshow. After all the mess that’s been going on with Prime1, Infinity Studios just doesn’t seem like they would be able to bring it through them, even if they said that and them saying that sounds suspicious. It would have been my first instinct to order through Specshop.

But I’m not into WW.
Yea, that is easy to say now, but they listed SS and BBTS and distributors which was pretty damn stupid if they had no intention of using them.

The story is that they did intend to use ss/bbts, they just messed up and gave their full allocation to Asian markets. Going forward I think they'll handle pre orders differently but there's no point getting all outraged because you missed out, life goes on and there will be another expensive toy to waste your money on :dunno

The story is that they did intend to use ss/bbts, they just messed up and gave their full allocation to Asian markets. Going forward I think they'll handle pre orders differently but there's no point getting all outraged because you missed out, life goes on and there will be another expensive toy to waste your money on :dunno

"they just messed up" isn't a valid excuse. Was the ES even set when they started taking orders? Outrage is the only thing that has a chance of forcing them to remedy the issue they themselves created. This whole situation seems shady, from the notice about the silicone right when goes up for order and now this.

Speak for yourself, this stuff isn't a "waste of money" to me or for a lot of other collectors.

We live in the age of outrage where people think they're entitled to whatever they please. If you think they are shady and that it would degrade in 20 years as the rumours suggested, then that isn't a great way to spend thousands of dollars IMO

Buy from another company if you think they're shady, you're not entitled to anything

We live in the age of outrage where people think they're entitled to whatever they please. If you think they are shady and that it would degrade in 20 years as the rumours suggested, then that isn't a great way to spend thousands of dollars IMO

Buy from another company if you think they're shady, you're not entitled to anything

While I agree some people are taking it too badly, please don't say the 20 years of guaranteed good condition under proper care were "rumours" - it was Infinity themselves who said so, only to (shockingly!) have the whole conversation deleted later. It's bad enough I had to endure some git claiming on Facebook those were just "fake news from a forum", then failing to acknowledge Infinity still hadn't denied about the 20 years shelf life on their damage control statement, and even trying to mock me, much to the delight of a couple of dim-witted members.

Don't give me that "entitled" crap, everyone likes to mindlessly parrot that these days when they have nothing real to say and it obviously has nothing to do with why so many are upset. You even said it yourself in case you forgot, it's their fault. Oh, and I'll spend my money as I see fit, thank you very much.

While I agree some people are taking it too badly, please don't say the 20 years of guaranteed good condition under proper care were "rumours" - it was Infinity themselves who said so, only to (shockingly!) have the whole conversation deleted later. It's bad enough I had to endure some git claiming on Facebook those were just "fake news from a forum", then failing to acknowledge Infinity still hadn't denied about the 20 years shelf life on their damage control statement, and even trying to mock me, much to the delight of a couple of dim-witted members.

Didn't I see them walk that back and they say it was actually medical grade that would last longer than that? That info coming out when it did made some hesitate also.

Didn't I see them walk that back and they say it was actually medical grade that would last longer than that? That info coming out when it did made some hesitate also.

Yes after so much pressure with the possibility of losing customers they finally stated that it’s platinum silicone with medical grade. Well I guess those who knows the difference can tell when the actual product is released, if what they’re stating is true. And if not, then the customers can sue them for making false statement. I got all their words, from their officials, screencapped.

Yes after so much pressure with the possibility of losing customers they finally stated that it’s platinum silicone with medical grade. Well I guess those who knows the difference can tell when the actual product is released, if what they’re stating is true. And if not, then the customers can sue them for making false statement. I got all their words, from their officials, screencapped.

Wish anyone luck in suing any Asian based company. Total waste of time and effort.

Heck even suing in America where everyone seems to sue left right and centre will have trouble with this kind of product, as it's probably in their terms and conditions that prototype to production is likely to result in changes etc.

They did say it was medical grade silicone later, but to the best of my knowledge they didn't say anything about its actual lasting life then.

I got all their words, from their officials, screencapped.

Do you by any chance have a screenshot of the "it should last over 20 years" conversation? If so, could you please post it?

Yeah, outrage culture is something else. And most prominent and well documented on social media, where you’re going back and forth with someone that can’t get past their outrage over whatever and the arguments go on and on and on to fuel their need to keep typing about their outrage.

If you ask me it just gives them something to talk about to keep that dopamine hit going and not really about the bust to begin with.

That’s why I rarely get balls deep in a conversation about such conversations. It’s just not real or worth it to go beyond a few debate posts. Someone wants to outrage I pull back. Not interested in spending my all my time on a message board arguing.

Wish anyone luck in suing any Asian based company. Total waste of time and effort.

Heck even suing in America where everyone seems to sue left right and centre will have trouble with this kind of product, as it's probably in their terms and conditions that prototype to production is likely to result in changes etc.

Well, as long as they have official WB license, means they are legit company, and they are not untouchable by law. Otherwise WB won’t trust them with their license.
Also, they never put any disclaimer that production is likely to result in changes of materials.

They did say it was medical grade silicone later, but to the best of my knowledge they didn't say anything about its actual lasting life then.

Do you by any chance have a screenshot of the "it should last over 20 years" conversation? If so, could you please post it?

I do, but you can still see that conversation in the FB group. It’s not deleted. :)

I wanted the WW very much- the ultimate expression of the movie character. The company really didn't handle this correctly by snubbing everyone outside Asia- pure and simple. So much for my faith in the company as a professional organization. We'll see how they handle orders. If I have to pay $5k for it I will if it turns out as stunning as proto. I won't be happy about it- so will Supes and Batman make it to these shores?

Back