Indiana Jones The Complete Collection Blu Ray review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If what The Digital Bits is saying is true then the Blu-ray should look better than what was shown in theaters during the marathon this past Saturday. And it'd be odd given that the "IMAX" release was from 2K.

Also, whether it's from a 4K source or not it most certainly was not restored, ala JAWS. Then again, it doesn't need it as badly.

But will it be better than what was shown on IMAX? I saw the IMAX and while not true 70mm (as it was letterboxed) it was very good in 95% of the scenes.

RAIDERS in blu looks great! Sounds even better!! The HD surround sounds is so good infact that it was like watching it again for the first time. The picture doesn't jump off the screen like the JAWS release but its still just as awesome. Very happy to upgrade my collection.

So where is the best place to get the best assortment of goodies? BestBuy, Target, Costco????

...[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collectors/dp/B0089TGJ18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348099038&sr=8-1"]Amazon UK[/ame]

Amazon uk will cost about $40 more here in the states. Plus u have to wait till the 8th of oct. but it's a pretty cool looking display for the blu rays.

Watched Raiders tonight on blu and wow...what a stunning experience and a major upgrade from the VHS copy that I have :lol

The picture is beautiful (no horrible orange or yellow like some have been complaining about), but the best part is the remastered sound. Raiders sounded AMAZING with surround sound.

Can't wait to watch Temple of Doom tomorrow :D So happy! :blissy

Started watching LC last night but I have a very difficult time getting through the first 45 min or so... Basically up until Sr gets involved it plays so slap stick that its almost embarrassing to watch. Especially since I just watched RAIDERS the night before. How about in just the opening sequence alone we get WAY to much info.

He discovers everything... His scare, whip for the first time, fear of snakes, his leather jacket and fedora, there is even a kid for him to fight so its not weird if its an adult who is tryin to stab him. Am I missing anything? Then off to the boat. A cripple who has no problem walking because this boat is not rocking one iota. And a second later there is a constant tittle wave coming over the side?! Fast forward to when he is looking for the kinghts tomb and decides to light a torch. In a pool full of GAS! He also hides under an empty tomb to escape the fire?! The whole place would light up like a xmas tree!! This is just the tips of the ice berg... After witnessing the arks powers and a guys heart being pulled from his body would he really question the existence of the "cup"? I can go on and on with this! Lazy lazy lazy story telling. ToD does have its share of problems as well but at least we get the same IJ that we got from RAIDERS.

I might be the only one here but man do I have a problem with this depiction of Indiana Jones. If it wasn't for SC witty banter back and forth with his son this movie would completely blow! Worst than KCS. But then again every movie that came after RAIDERS drops significantly IMPO. Every other tittle should have Indiana Jones and the... Because it will guide you in the right direction. Watch the one with out! RotLA. That movie is SO SO SO BLOODY awesome!

Started watching LC last night but I have a very difficult time getting through the first 45 min or so... Basically up until Sr gets involved it plays so slap stick that its almost embarrassing to watch. Especially since I just watched RAIDERS the night before. How about in just the opening sequence alone we get WAY to much info.

He discovers everything... His scare, whip for the first time, fear of snakes, his leather jacket and fedora, there is even a kid for him to fight so its not weird if its an adult who is tryin to stab him. Am I missing anything? Then off to the boat. A cripple who has no problem walking because this boat is not rocking one iota. And a second later there is a constant tittle wave coming over the side?! Fast forward to when he is looking for the kinghts tomb and decides to light a torch. In a pool full of GAS! He also hides under an empty tomb to escape the fire?! The whole place would light up like a xmas tree!! This just the tips of the ice berg... After witnessing the arks power and a guys heart pulled out of his body would he really question the existence of the "cup"? I can go on and on with this! Lazy lazy lazy story telling.
ToD has its share of problems as well but at least we get the same IJ that we got from RAIDERS.

I might be the only one here but man do I have a problem with this depiction of Indiana Jones. If it wasn't for SC witty banter back and forth with his son this movie would completely blow! Worst than KCS. But then again every movie that came after RAIDERS drops significantly IMPO. Every other tittle should have Indiana Jones and the... Because it will guide you in the right direction. Watch the one with out! RotLA. That movie is SO SO SO BLOODY awesome!

This is why the trilogy is so badass. There is someone for everyone. The seriousness of Raiders, the dark grittiness of Doom and the campy fun ride feel of Crusade.

Although I 100% disagree you about Crusade I am glad there is something for everyone in this trilogy.

This is why the trilogy is so badass. There is someone for everyone. The seriousness of Raiders, the dark grittiness of Doom and the campy fun ride feel of Crusade.

Although I 100% disagree you about Crusade I am glad there is something for everyone in this trilogy.

I get what you are saying and I'd agree if it was just more plausible. But it's not. It doesn't have to be nor should it be as serious as RAIDERS but they should have at least grounded the campy fun ride in a world with a plausible reality. That way the ride would stay on the tracks instead of constantly flying off. It has its moments but its no RAIDERS. Not even close.

Last edited:
..or if they were at least, you know, funny.

I think that's really at the heart of why I'm so bothered by the humor in TOD, LC and KOTCS. It's that their attempts in humor are simply not that funny. The "jokes" are simply too infantile and silly. The jokes in Raiders had real wit and bite, and were so well placed that they served their purpose--they relieved the tension. It also showed that less is more. Because the jokes were so infrequent (at least compared to the others), they were very welcome and almost came out of nowhere.

Does anyone remember how magnificent the scene where Indy shoots the swordsman truly was way back in 1981, when it was so unexpected? People who watch the movie nowadays who have never seen Raiders before, probably have seen that scene in other contexts, so when the scene comes up in the movie, the moment is spoiled. But when the movie first came out, and there was no internet and not forums or chat rooms or youtube or anything that could tell you about it, that scene completely surprised the hell out of you. It got an enormous laugh like the one or two big jokes in the Avengers.

I didn't have any issues with Raiders, except for after the idol intro scene, there were quite a few scenes that looked off to me.

Also, I have probably seen Raiders more than any other film, but I can honestly say that I never noticed the idol having realistic eyes before now, apparently the idol's eyes were supposed to move to follow Indy, but that was cut from the movie.

It really caught me off guard, as I couldn't believe I had never noticed that before now!

Indy6.jpg

Back