Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Sideshow stopped my favourite PF line the Disney villains , the company has been going down hill, even the delays seem to be getting worse this statue is proof of that indy was made as a preorder back in 2012 and we are still waiting.

Indy just got bumped to Feb...

Given how things shut down for the Chinese New Year, guess that is likely to slip as well...

This is really absurd. There must be huge production problems with this piece.

Lots of little things to work out on this piece, I guess. It's pretty intricate and detailed, so lots of potential breakages. If I were Sideshow, I want to make sure that the packing is perfect, that little pieces here and there don't easily snap off, and that the overall statue will hold up well over time (I say this because of the recent issues with the DROM PF).

At least I hope that's what they are looking at. Sometimes I wonder if they may just scrap this altogether, which I hope they don't do. Sticking it out though. I must have this for my Indy collection. Aside from the LSF (whenever we see that), I have a feeling this may be the last Indy piece we get.

Lots of little things to work out on this piece, I guess. It's pretty intricate and detailed, so lots of potential breakages. If I were Sideshow, I want to make sure that the packing is perfect, that little pieces here and there don't easily snap off, and that the overall statue will hold up well over time (I say this because of the recent issues with the DROM PF).

At least I hope that's what they are looking at. Sometimes I wonder if they may just scrap this altogether, which I hope they don't do. Sticking it out though. I must have this for my Indy collection. Aside from the LSF (whenever we see that), I have a feeling this may be the last Indy piece we get.

You do have a point. The EX is a measly 150, and the Reg is not sold out and also relatively low. This is not going to be a big money maker for them, so maybe they are having a hard time getting this done/packaged in a way that its not a total loss. I just cant believe for such a low edition size that it keeps getting pushed back. They didnt even wait to delay it again. Have we ever even seen a production piece for this?

Ill bet if we get the rumored 5th Indy movie there will be another piece done, but if that doesnt happen then, yeah, doesnt look like there is much left for Indy at SS.

The Iron Man legendary scaled bust hasn't been cancelled in what it seems to be over a 2 year wait. I'm not concerned it'll be cancelled as they have it listed everywhere as a top Christmas/Holiday pick!

The Iron Man legendary scaled bust hasn't been cancelled in what it seems to be over a 2 year wait. I'm not concerned it'll be cancelled as they have it listed everywhere as a top Christmas/Holiday pick!

Oh I dont think this is in danger of getting the Rick O'connell treatment. I am just wondering what the dead time is where if its not on the boat, nothing else arrives for X amount of days is. Having read how much havoc Chinese New Years has, I am just curious how big of a delay we are looking at if it doesnt hit by a certain point?

I am still very excited for this, my wife is a big Indy fan too, and I need this to be a home run, considering how many things I have showing up in 2014! I know she is going to want to put this in the living room as it will be "too nice" to have anywhere else.

I just hope the horse is designed well enough to not have the issues the DROM is having.

Oh I dont think this is in danger of getting the Rick O'connell treatment. I am just wondering what the dead time is where if its not on the boat, nothing else arrives for X amount of days is. Having read how much havoc Chinese New Years has, I am just curious how big of a delay we are looking at if it doesnt hit by a certain point?

I am still very excited for this, my wife is a big Indy fan too, and I need this to be a home run, considering how many things I have showing up in 2014! I know she is going to want to put this in the living room as it will be "too nice" to have anywhere else.

I just hope the horse is designed well enough to not have the issues the DROM is having.

Just to clear up any misconceptions, the Rick O'Connell piece was canceled because Sideshow lost the Universal license. It had nothing to do with the sales numbers on the piece itself.

We'll see this statue ship soon enough, I'm 100% confident in that. I'm sure it was pushed to February due to the Chinese New Year!

Agreed. Being pushed to February is a bit disappointing but I just want the piece to look as close to the prototype as possible so I can wait if that's what it will take to make that happen.

I just caught up with this thread as I have been investing in other things lately, this is way out of hand are we ever going to see indy or is he just going to get cancelled at the end.

Just to clear up any misconceptions, the Rick O'Connell piece was canceled because Sideshow lost the Universal license. It had nothing to do with the sales numbers on the piece itself.

Agreed. Being pushed to February is a bit disappointing but I just want the piece to look as close to the prototype as possible so I can wait if that's what it will take to make that happen.

That cant be right. They had the license and had it up for order. Losing the license would not have prevented them selling what had already been approved/solicited. Now, there never would have been a Mummy or anything else, but if it had sold, they wouldnt have pulled the plug.

I am not that plussed about Feb. I needed this either in advance of the Holidays or a bit after, but things are stacking up big time based on the Coming soon section of yesterdays news letter. Q1 FY14 is going to be BRUTAL as far as releases go, mostly because very little has trickled out the last half of this year. It almost feels like all SSC does is solicit without ever delivering anything (cough sycho, cough cough).

Really banking on this being Proto Good. My wife is an Indy fan, so this will green light alot of my other purchases if it comes out well.

That cant be right. They had the license and had it up for order. Losing the license would not have prevented them selling what had already been approved/solicited. Now, there never would have been a Mummy or anything else, but if it had sold, they wouldnt have pulled the plug.

I'm pretty sure losing the license would have cancelled any approved or solicited orders.

I'm pretty sure losing the license would have cancelled any approved or solicited orders.

Having closely followed the drama over Sycho collectibles, I can safely say anything that has been green lighted under the license can still be produced. Far too much $$$ is invested in a piece to get it ready for production that the licensee can't retract the approval after the fact (without facing penalties if there own). Which is the reason the crooks at Sycho were putting so much up for PO before there one legitimate license expired. That and they needed the deposits to deliver previous PO pieces...

What that means for Indy? Not much except I imagine hell be in the coming soon section in Jan.

I thought Sycho never had ANY licensing to begin with!

Nah they had a legit Mortal Combat license, but they were selling in places they were not licensed to distribute...But they were using that one legit license as cover for all their other shady tactics.

Not to derail this lively Indy discussion.

Man I hope he ships in Feb. I really dont have a window after that with so many other releases coming.

I am not that plussed about Feb. I needed this either in advance of the Holidays or a bit after, but things are stacking up big time based on the Coming soon section of yesterdays news letter. Q1 FY14 is going to be BRUTAL as far as releases go, mostly because very little has trickled out the last half of this year. It almost feels like all SSC does is solicit without ever delivering anything (cough sycho, cough cough).

Really banking on this being Proto Good. My wife is an Indy fan, so this will green light alot of my other purchases if it comes out well.

My statement was from first hand knowledge. I ordered the Rick O'Connel PF and received an email from Sideshow stating the piece was being canceled due to Sideshow losing the Universal license. I can't speak for Syclo but generally speaking companies can't legally sell products from licenses that they don't have. I would suspect that there are clauses in these licensing contracts that provide remedies to the manufacturer for cases like the Rick O'Connell PF depending on what stage the project is at.

Last edited:
Back