Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no debate here. Facts are facts.

Dave, that's not the same exact angle. The rocket launcher in the film was longer, period.

Also, the tunic is not arguable, either. Indy is wearing a basic German M40 field jacket, which were olive green. Dragon and others have been making them for years and they're all the same exact color as the one he wears in the film. This is probably yet another case of the factory not sourcing (or not being able the source) the right material.

Facts are facts - the rocket launcher is not longer in the film. Look at where it hits him on the body, where his hands are placed and how that length relates to the rest of the weapon. I don't know where this misconception got started, but it's not undersized.

I would say yes, since that is a more accurately designed DAK figure and probally will be my next purchase..i have to call Toys2 again to see if its in.

Yup. It's a true DAK so it would work better than sideshow's.

Thanks. This may have saved Indy for me. :rock

I would say yes, since that is a more accurately designed DAK figure and probally will be my next purchase..i have to call Toys2 again to see if its in.

I think these are just about to hit. Hey Valfar I recently picked up the 07' HT PMC figure. WOW :drool is he awesome.

Facts are facts - the rocket launcher is not longer in the film. Look at where it hits him on the body, where his hands are placed and how that length relates to the rest of the weapon. I don't know where this misconception got started, but it's not undersized.

Dave, it's no use trying to exaggerate the size of it. We all know it's too small. :lol :monkey1

You can clearly see the shirt is an olive green or a tad darker in this clip but, the rocket launcher scene i cannot find online,is it even a German design?, i know there was Panzerfausts and Panzershrecks but, the one Indy is holding in the movie..i have never seen this before.

Hilarious!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VFTo-v0tDm0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VFTo-v0tDm0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2smJpUfFOcY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2smJpUfFOcY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yea, cause isnt it a RPG type weapon that wasn't round during the period?

Yes and no. There were grenade launchers at that time, but they were quite different. This one was a fictional creation of the prop department that was essentially an amalgam of some german rocket launchers and the eventual soviet RPG.

The more I look at this the more I think I just don't care to have a German Indy in my collection anyway. I've had a year to bash one with the hatless head from the first Indy and never did, so why would I now pay $90 bucks for a version that looks worse then one I could have made?

Valfar, the screen used rocket launcher was a fictitious piece created by the props dept...

I think it makes a bit of sense that they went this route when filming,since a Panzerfaust is fired from under the arm and would look silly for that scene and also a Panzerschreck(while its a shoulder mounted weapon) has a huge blast shield that would block Indy's face during most of the scene as well.

I received this figure yesterday...and requested my Return Authorization today. In person it looks terrible and is a ripoff IMO. I think the head is definitely too big here. Also, the paint apps were sub-par (his eye whites are too pink, the hair line is very sloppy, and the stubble is barely there). I'm glad I kept my Hasbro German Indy. After seeing this figure, and on top of the whole Sideshow Ark fiasco, I'm starting to worry about Sideshow's quality control. Did they make cutbacks due to the economy? It seems the prices get higher and the quality gets lower. Way back when their figures were $30-50, I never had any complaints about the quality and I would have actually paid more for them. What happened Sideshow?

I received this figure yesterday...and requested my Return Authorization today. In person it looks terrible and is a ripoff IMO. I think the head is definitely too big here. Also, the paint apps were sub-par (his eye whites are too pink, the hair line is very sloppy, and the stubble is barely there). I'm glad I kept my Hasbro German Indy. After seeing this figure, and on top of the whole Sideshow Ark fiasco, I'm starting to worry about Sideshow's quality control. Did they make cutbacks due to the economy? It seems the prices get higher and the quality gets lower. Way back when their figures were $30-50, I never had any complaints about the quality and I would have actually paid more for them. What happened Sideshow?

:horror:horror:horror

I kind of see what you mean here, i really admire lots of the older SS figures in the Horror lines and Star Wars, the buck doesn't even bother me with these since most of them were well done, the bodies were reliable atleast...and yes, much more bang for your buck IMO.

Back