InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exa

I agree, it baffles me when companies keep making Snyder verse merch. Yet people keep asking for it and buying it.
elaine benes yes GIF by CraveTV
People like me…

Oh I want hobbits. Best thing InArt could do is release them in 2 packs.
I've said it before, if they want to be devious, they offer three sets. Take a page out of Toybiz and pair the unpaired characters.

-Frodo and Pippin
-Sam and Merry
-4 pack with some sizeable incentive, like a hobbit hole door.

A four pack would be a great and terrible thing. Great because I could get them all in one shot. Terrible because I am sure the price would be a wallet killer and because I have a LOTR problem and would want two sets. . . I have problems.

I've always implored Asmus to do Merry and Pip in armor, they were some of my favorite ToyBiz figures. Maybe InArt will see the chance to reuse the sculpts and actually capitalize on it.

I do hope for ankle articulation on the hobbits though. Even if it's a mild seam, it's a worthwhile sacrifice. A high tolerance socket joint can be well hidden across the ankle anatomy anyway.

I don’t know what peoples issues with the hobbits are.

We collectors will buy every iteration of nameless clone/storm troopers, Mandalorians or some character who appeared in ‘that one episode’ for a few minutes and did nothing noteworthy, but 4 distinct, likeable, and integral characters from the greatest trilogy ever made are somehow a risky product?

Frodo is the co-lead alongside Aragorn (and Gandalf.) He’s the ring bearer. It’s his journey and his task is the most important and difficult.
Sam is the mvp of the entire trilogy. Frodo would have been dead before Bree without Sam. “Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam” is the understatement of the trilogy. He is the living embodiment of a true friend.
Merry and Pippin convince the Ents to take action against Isengard. Pippin lights Gondor’s warning beacon and also saves Faramir’s life. Merry aids in destroying The Witch King, and the pair go to war together where they had no right to expect to survive purely to give their friend a chance at succeeding in his task.
Every one of them shows exemplary and inspirational courage, kindness, selflessness, loyalty, offers hope, and makes noble sacrifices.

Having cool looking figures on our shelves is one aspect of the hobby, but I also like to be reminded of the values certain characters embody and principles they hold which help to shape and guide us in our own lives.

They deserve as much recognition as the Aragorns and Gandalfs of the world.

Having cool looking figures on our shelves is one aspect of the hobby, but I also like to be reminded of the values certain characters embody and principles they hold which help to shape and guide us in our own lives.

They deserve as much recognition as the Aragorns and Gandalfs of the world.
Well said!

But yeah the answer for why they'll never sell as well as an Aragorn, Gandalf or Legolas is precisely because they just aren't as cool and they're not as central to attention grabbing displays. Aragorn vs Lurtz or the Nazgul, Gandalf vs Saruman or the Witch King, Legolas just posed dynamically all grab the attention whereas child sized characters generally don't.

A Mount Doom diorama with Frodo, Sam and Gollum would definitely draw some attention though

Apart from the hair colour which is totally off it looks alright.
Edit: they have time to fix anything until PO goes up in jan-feb 2024.

Last edited:
Back