InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but they cost 700-750 million compared to the 300 million for Lotr which brought 3 billion in too.
Lotr was about as much better as the Hobbit is better than the Rings of power series. There are sadly huge quality differences between these.

*Shrug* For me, both films have their issues - what I think of as the Peter Jackson thing. There's plenty that's stellar with both trilogies, and plenty I don't like. There's a lot that goes on in LOTR with Jackson's take that I don't care for - the handling of Faramir and Denethor for one.

In any case, in the Hobbit IMO Thorin and Thranduil, Gandalf and Galadriel, Bard and Smaug, Dwalin and Dain, the dwarves and the changing landscapes were all stellar and the environments. Great costumes.

I dont think anyone posted so far anything what would be considered as hate.

Stating that you dont care or you are not interested or you rather would have seen something else revealed is not hate towards a figure or a person.

Good for those who are happy for it.
I am happy because this means they will do Gimli and the Hobbits at some point. I am happy because the height seems correct next to the other figures.
And tbh I am happy because I dont have to put aside/save money for the 4th figure this year soon to be put up for PO.

Where’s InArt Smaug
Seriously - how big would an Inart Smaug be? Size of a small car?
Making Thorin is purely to crap on Asmus.

He’s touted as one of their best ever so InArt are just on a mission to embarrass everyone who owns him for ever thinking what they love was an impressive figure.

That Viper is one sinister b@$t*d
1695934587063.png

He’s touted as one of their best ever so InArt are just on a mission to embarrass everyone who owns him for ever thinking what they love was an impressive figure.

Oh come on InArt, pick your own size! It's not like beating asmus is difficult.
Why don't you try Hot Toys?! wait, they already did..

Yeah it's definitely a punch in the gut for Asmus sadly. I was just looking at their Thorin and while it is a really good figure and one of my favourites, there are things that can be improved on so it will be interesting to see what InArt do with it.

Head sculpt, PERS and improved hair notwithstanding, I'd imagine they will go full die-cast for the boots, armor, buckles and swords. Leather for the coat and jerkin etc.

Oh come on InArt, pick your own size! It's not like beating asmus is difficult.
Why don't you try Hot Toys?! wait, they already did..

Yeah it's definitely a punch in the gut for Asmus sadly. I was just looking at their Thorin and while it is a really good figure and one of my favourites, there are things that can be improved on so it will be interesting to see what InArt do with it.

Head sculpt, PERS and improved hair notwithstanding, I'd imagine they will go full die-cast for the boots, armor, buckles and swords. Leather for the coat and jerkin etc.

If Inart were feeling cruel they would announce a robed-berry-crown Thranduil before Asmus finally release their long-teased version.

Stating that you dont care or you are not interested or you rather would have seen something else revealed is not hate towards a figure or a person.

I am happy because this means they will do Gimli and the Hobbits at some point. I am happy because the height seems correct next to the other figures.
And tbh I am happy because I dont have to put aside/save money for the 4th figure this year soon to be put up for PO.
True enough. I read the entire InArt Joker thread just to get an idea of InArt's products, and the only DC I own is a few Iron Studios 1/10 statues.

Interesting (and surprising) choice. Not one I’ll be picking up as I think the Asmus Thorin is a fantastic figure (one of their best IMO) so don’t feel any need to spend big money to replace it…but it’s always good to see more Middle Earth collectibles announced. :)

It is a fantastic figure and I own more than one, which probably tamps down my excitement over a release of my favorite ME film character. But there's stuff they could do - switch out armor, real hair, a bloody/bruised switch out sculpt, the raven headed sword. Even the bow Thorin used to take a shot at Thranduil. 😁

You never know due the the height I may finally get my Batman Returns Penguin figure that Hot Toys promised me back in Feb 18th 2012 Q4......"COMING SOON" classic Howard!
Unknown.jpeg

Thorin is shocking....as it was never something in demand.

Inart said no Hobits, then gave use a disappointing tease of Thorin. Those movie blew chunks compared to the original Trilogy.

I think people including myself are upset about Inarts simply buring a character slot that could have been used for a more in demand LOTR character like Sam/Frodo/Gimli/Sauron/Saruman.

I'm very interested in a Thorin from Inart. I'm in the minority it seems, but I enjoyed the Hobbit films, and will welcome more figures from that trilogy.
I also enjoyed the Hobbit films, and would love Inart to delve into some of the characters from the films. Imagine a Thranduil in his armour figure. I have several of the Asmus version, which is a great figure, but I reckon Inart would produce something super special!!!!

Not sure i need that one. I like the movies but the dwarves apart from gimli are no interest for me.

Maybe i can kitbash it into a dungeons and dragons dwarf character. But i think i might just pass

Back