InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting started with this guy. Spent some time on the hair, but I still consider these to be preliminary shots. Hope you like!

IMG6290.jpeg

IMG6291.jpeg

I highly recommend a water treatment on his clothes, it really makes a huge difference in making him feel more convincingly in scale.

Find a pose you're happy with, then with a water bottle on mist, spray all the clothes until they are heavily soaked, (but make sure to be careful in avoiding the hair and face!). When soaked, run your hands from top to bottom down the whole figure to squash the clothes to the body, then work on arranging the clothing folds where you like. Leave to air dry, and the clothing will hold its shape nicely.

20240102_094517.jpg

I highly recommend a water treatment on his clothes, it really makes a huge difference in making him feel more convincingly in scale.

Find a pose you're happy with, then with a water bottle on mist, spray all the clothes until they are heavily soaked, (but make sure to be careful in avoiding the hair and face!). When soaked, run your hands from top to bottom down the whole figure to squash the clothes to the body, then work on arranging the clothing folds where you like. Leave to air dry, and the clothing will hold its shape nicely.

View attachment 681643
Looks great, I'll be trying that with mine this weekend. Last weekend I just did the same with my Jedi robes and they all hang much more realistically now.

Back