InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine yesterday which was an unexpected treat but only managed to get it out the box for 5 minutes...believe the hype, this thing is beautiful! The sculpt is just unreal and honestly looks like it would talk back to you. We've all poured over the photos and videos but having it in hand is a different experience!

Onto the bad. The base is trash. Aa others have said it's wobbly and the magnets are so small and weak that the figure wobbles at the at slightest movement. Definitely don't trust it to hold a dynamic pose as you are limited to where you can actually place the feet. Not sure why the whole base isn't magnetic as that would have made way more sense. I'll be using an old Asmus crotch grabber for uniformity with my Fellowship display anyway but it's still disappointing.

The robes. Beautifully tailored, weathered and hold their shape well but there's no denying they are too short. They were too short on the proto and they are too short now. Water treatment worked a bit and helped shape the pleats better down to the bottom to remove the annoying bell-bottom effect they have straight out of the box but another half cm would have worked wonders so they are not hanging around his shins.

Everything else is amazing and I have zero complaints with.

Anyway it's a stunning figure regardless and it really is next level. It feels leagues above the Asmus offerings, even their new GTW. Just wish they had taken a bit more care with the above is all.

So it’s now officially two weeks since KGH marked my Gandalf “Shipped” and three weeks since I paid my invoice, and the tracking status is STILL “Label created, Shipper awaiting parcel”. I know this is a very busy shipping season, but this is ridiculous.
😡🤬
I hope KGH isn’t starting to use TW tactics now too. That’s what TW did/does all the time. :huh

And just like that, he's started moving! KGH must be reading our posts and being compared to TW was the last straw!

Anyway, no extreme progress, he's still in HK, but at least it appears he's now officially in the hands of HK Post.

It will still be a week or two before he's home I expect, but at least it feels less like KGH is playing games with me.

I finished my TOP 10 FOTY for 2023 and it was really tough this year with so many amazing additions and releases! InArts Gandalf came in at #2! Here's my video if you are interested on seeing what made my top 10

3 InArt figures in the Top 5... not bad for InArt.

Yeah, that K.Jun MacCready is just so awesome. I wish I could have gotten one.

Great video. That MacReady sculpt is insane. I can’t even imagine how much the customs cost.

Thanks! Custom prices are getting even more out of hand than ever unfortunately.

3 InArt figures in the Top 5... not bad for InArt.

Yeah, that K.Jun MacCready is just so awesome. I wish I could have gotten one.

Yeah InArt is the new darling in town. I really hope they keep it up and keep offering characters I care about owning. That MacReady, every artist involved delivered top tier amazing work. It really was a "complete package". Nothing was topping that for me this year. It's so brilliant. Even the swap out hair piece so you can wear the hoodie and hat. Brilliant.

My base seems stable, but the glue holding the black "labelling" on the bottom is coming away and I can see inside the base.
Luckily for me I never planned on using the base, so I will just glue it back together at some point.
View attachment 679876
That’s just unacceptable at the level InArt is positioning itself.

Looks like Gandalf has arrived Stateside! Probably another four days to a week before he’s delivered.
Bummer about the wait. But, he’s worth it. Since I’m stuck at home and the wife is visiting her family today for the holidays, I had to sit down and watch the Extended version of the Fellowship Since it’s been several years. This figure inspired me thats for sure.

1000025631.png
1000025630.png

A few shots from the latest InArt event

Does anyone know what kind of wax, gel, or other substance InArt is using in their Gandalf (or Joker) hair? Or has a recommendation for something suitably strong and long lasting?

Does anyone know what kind of wax, gel, or other substance InArt is using in their Gandalf (or Joker) hair? Or has a recommendation for something suitably strong and long lasting?
I don't know what product exactly it is but it smells like gel. To get a wet look for long hair, dampen the hair, apply gel then leave to dry naturally. I have long hair and style it this way myself and have also done this on my Asmus GTG so know it works.

Basically once you've applied the gel, styled it and let it dry, don't use a brush on the hair as this will remove the product. Use a toothpick to style the individual strands of hair on the figure and maybe a light spray of water to set the hair.

Back