InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt this like the 3rd Batch from Kit? he had one at the start of October then other one at the end of October if I recall it correctly.

It may be... the batches have been so small its hard to keep track.

If this is the 3rd batch and only on 81xxx, then I fear 96xxx will be like batch 5th or 6th...

Not sure if you guys saw this:

Screenshot_20231202-184632~2.png

I received my Gandalfses a few weeks ago, thanks to Kit, thank you man for great service !! This figure is absolutly stunning, mindblowing... Inart made an incredible job with the headsculpt, the hair and beard, the paint... It seems so lifelike and expressive ! The materials used for the robes are top notch, everything looks in scale and the texture is perfect. The attention to detail is impressive, the first thought I had when I opened the box and discovered the figure is "they put as much love in this figure as PJ and his team put in the movies". Asmus has some good figures, and I like their crown Gandalf but this one is just another level. Asmus looks like a deathmask next to Inart... Can't wait to see their other figures from the lord of the rings !
I only took the time to futz him yesterday and took a few phone pics that don't do the figure justice.
:)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 8'.jpg
    8'.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 11''.jpg
    11''.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 0
Hopefully faster doesn’t mean a drop in quality
Considering that their increased speed will be achieved by a three-times-larger production team, they should be able to maintain quality- so long as the new staff receive the same degree of training and achieve be the same level of skill as the current hair appliers, painters and tailors.

A larger team working on each figure for less time is good for everyone. We get our figures sooner and they don’t spend months and months on the same project, going slowly more insane with each repeat root job.

Still waiting on mine from Kit but I'll probably be able to pay in the next two weeks from now.

I think its a good thing they are finally catching up with demand and they realised that they need to speed their production up, now this wont mean that we will get the figures within a year for surely but we wont have to wait 16-2x months (Gandalf being put up on18th May 2022 for PO, thats almost 19 months now and more people didnt get theirs opposed to those who got theirs).
So if we only have to wait 12-15 months thats already better.

Considering that their increased speed will be achieved by a three-times-larger production team, they should be able to maintain quality- so long as the new staff receive the same degree of training and achieve be the same level of skill as the current hair appliers, painters and tailors.

A larger team working on each figure for less time is good for everyone. We get our figures sooner and they don’t spend months and months on the same project, going slowly more insane with each repeat root job.
Yeah but all depends on the new personnel they hire.

I see it the other way: more opportunity for laziness and mistakes.

Clearly demand dictates, and I'm happy InArt is growing... but as with everything that grows, so do the problems/issues.
So long as the staff are trained to a level standard and the QC side is diligent, we shouldn’t end up with wildly different versions of the same figure.
It’s really only the hairing that requires that added skill and attention and, the more people who are trained to do that competently, the sooner quality root jobs will become standardised practice in the hobby.

I think of it like this- you currently have a delicate, skilled, and time consuming task to complete that you will have to repeat 3000 times over 3 months.

After your production team increases threefold, you will only have to do that same task 1000 times over one month.

Where would you expect more likely to encounter a drop-off in focus or passion for a project resulting in lower quality output?

Where would you expect more likely to encounter a drop-off in focus or passion for a project resulting in lower quality output?

I have no idea what the actual process is and how many hands handle each step.

All I know for certain is: adding more people = adding more problems

Also, see jsgord's post above

Back