InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually feels kind of cool that they are coming out in batches like this. Makes them seem less mass-produced and more artisanal. Like they're being made to order by craftsmen, not manufactured.

As long as quality control remains consistent and we don't see huge variance between "batches"...

Some of the InArt Joker's hair (length and styling) seemed quite different between batches. Plus the blutac issues. I give them a break for their first figure, but I'll be watching Gandalf more closely.

g10110.jpg

g10210.jpg

g10310.jpg

g10410.jpg

g10510.jpg

g10610.jpg

g10710.jpg

snow time ...

Not surprising. Only way to go about it with KGHobby is if you pay in full when placing the PO and locking down the shipping cost at the time. Learned my lesson with what they pulled with the GameToys Cloud figure.

I'm not much much of an audiophile myself, but what I've found really blows me away is Atmos. If you can get something set up with Atmos is imo the most impressive audio wise.

As for TVs. You can't really go wrong with anything Samsung, Sony or LG. OLEDs and QLEDs are both impressive. But if you can get a very nice LED 4K HDR TVs for much cheaper now.

4K. And HDR are your biggest wants. HDR that can handle Dolby Vision and/or HDR10 etc. And if you can find one with local dimming is preferable. I'm actually hoping to pick up a new TV either this year or next Black Friday one with Local dimming.
From my personal POV, OLEDs are the winner. A bit pricier, but worth it.

I collect simply to display and enjoy the figures. I don’t have time and energy to expend towards selling them. I think it’s cool that people do that! But it sounds like more work than I want for a hobby.

With InArt making the entire fellowship of the nine, I’ll eventually replace my Asmus collection with InArt. Hopefully I can sell the entire Asmus collection at once! I really don’t want to go through the hassle of selling each of the figures individually.
Yes, collect what you love, and you simply don't care what the "aftermarket" value is. I do understand, when it comes to replacing figures, you want the best price, of course, but I always think "well, I've enjoyed them for X years, so I got my value from them". If you make a little monetary loss, so be it.

I'm cool with the wait so long as I get mine at the end of the wait and don't have to worry about an "oops we ran out" or something like that. I ordered with kit so I'm confident in fine on that front.

Gotta spend on xmas presents this month anyway :google meanwhile, I'm just enjoying all the great photos from those getting there's in hand.

Back