InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved and pre-ordered the rooted. I held off on Gandalf the Grey as I am waiting for Gandalf the White.

Will complete the trio now with Legolas and Gimli once/if they come out.
Would be interesting to see them do a Gandalf the White.
However Viper made that on his own. Might not be compelled to do it again.

maybe they'll make a Sauron. Fully diecast. Could be the next Rh(highest tier) after Joker.

I definitely agree with folks saying the sculpted looked terrible at this show, but it is purely down to poor lighting

Compare to pics with similar angles from the last con (older on top, current pics underneath):

Screenshot_20231005-151128_Samsung Internet.jpg

475966-IMG-20231005-235223.jpg

-
Screenshot_20231005-152120_Gallery.jpg

475967-IMG-20231005-235305.jpg

Yes, lighting does make that much of a difference - its clearly the same sculpt as the rooted there - which is why it should be compulsory for any company to showcase their figures well. The last pic almost gives the illusion his jaw is wider because of the lack of contrast in the pic.

Also note they didnt put as much effort into getting that 'slack' look with his chest exposed a bit and the Evenstar showing a bit askew - but in the current rooted pics they did. Every little detail like that adds life to the figure, they just didnt try with the sculpted this go around.

Plus there's no way that inart could get away with a downgrade solely in the sculpted version, that's not what they're soliciting in their promo pics. There would be hell to pay for such a bait and switch; not that I believe that's their intention. I'm sure everyone will be happy with whichever version they ordered.

But it honestly wouldn't be as fun here without some level of doomsaying after every poorly lit con shot :lol

Last edited:
I definitely agree with folks saying the sculpted looked terrible at this show, but it is purely down to poor lighting

Compare to pics with similar angles from the last con (older on top, current pics underneath):

View attachment 667441
View attachment 667444
-
View attachment 667442
View attachment 667445

Yes, lighting does make that much of a difference - its clearly the same sculpt as the rooted there - which is why it should be compulsory for any company to showcase their figures well. The last pic almost gives the illusion his jaw is wider because of the lack of contrast in the pic.

Plus there's no way that inart could get away with a downgrade solely in the sculpted version, that's not what they're soliciting in their promo pics. There would be hell to pay for such a bait and switch; not that I believe that's their intention. I'm sure everyone will be happy with whichever version they ordered.

But it honestly wouldn't be as fun here without some level of doomsaying after every poorly lit con shot :lol
yea,there is ALWAYS doomsaying on the eve of releases.
Even the first pics out of the gate will be no different.
It's just poor lighting.
IF I were to get another,I'd get the sculpted version,just so I could pose him in the Ranger cloak ala Prancing Pony scene.
Rooted head needs to be on show for all the world to see.

Give me your 5 best reasons to get this figure everyone

I was close to getting the sculpted but after seeing the pictures I want the rooted now. But I keep talking myself out of it and thinking if I should spend the money on something else

Reason 1: your own post

after seeing the pictures I want the rooted now.

Reason 2: Everyone is doing it.

Reason 3: It's a damn good looking figure -- probably the best 1/6th ever factory produced.

Reason 4: FOMO

Reason 5: If you love LOTR, then you shall not let this pass.

Back