InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be honest, most of the pieces just don't look their best. But a blanket of 'meh' when we know what InArt can deliver probably points to poor photography, futzing, and lighting.

In other words, this is exactly how they'll look on most people's shelves, knowing what so many displays look like. At least we know what the low end is gonna be.

I'm not worried though. HT has the same **** at their shows with their displays.

Few things I noticed, Evenstar is the wrong color.

Duster looks to be felt, soft material when it should be leather. Think I prefer the soft material to not worry about flaking though. However, he kinda looks like super man in some angles around the chest.

His undershirt almost looks like they’re trying to make it look chain mail? Should just be a grey shirt.

Looking forward to having this in hand. Sculpt and hair looks outstanding if this is indeed a production piece.

Someone asked for shipping date:

Screenshot_20231003_064236_Facebook.jpg

Dont expect much for Q4 though, seing the low numbers on Gandalf so far, but it is good news :)

Few things I noticed, Evenstar is the wrong color.

Duster looks to be felt, soft material when it should be leather. Think I prefer the soft material to not worry about flaking though. However, he kinda looks like super man in some angles around the chest.

His undershirt almost looks like they’re trying to make it look chain mail? Should just be a grey shirt.

Looking forward to having this in hand. Sculpt and hair looks outstanding if this is indeed a production piece.
Yeah it has a bluish hue here. In the movies it shifts from white to a slight blue depending on the scene.

It is a grey shirt. You’re seeing the thread pattern, the unfortunate reality of sized down garments.

if we want to get real nitpicky, his sleeves should flair out from the elbow and have a draw string in the ends.

Thing is, some liberties must be taken at this scale.
68E37C47-6AD3-4637-82CC-3441D7655CC2.jpeg
40D37761-011B-484E-B802-544CED92A982.jpeg

The jerkin being too short is a gripe for me. It's supposed to be near his knee and the back tails of it almost touch his boots. Only a minor thing but I can't help keep noticing it 😅

The coat is also missing the ties from the waist. They were on the ACI version.

Attachments

• 0379e98101f1a3ce411646f3950032f1 (1).jpg
    0379e98101f1a3ce411646f3950032f1 (1).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1696280343181.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696280343181.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The jerkin being too short is a gripe for me. It's supposed to be near his knee and the back tails of it almost touch his boots. Only a minor thing but I can't help keep noticing it 😅

The coat is also missing the ties from the waist. They were on the ACI version.
Oh, great, now I'll hone in on that. 1/6 costumes not having enough volume or length is a pet peeve. I'm always yanking on some costumes hoping they will stretch. :monkey2

Or maybe - anyone know if this is a case where there's more than one jerkin?

Oh, great, now I'll hone in on that. 1/6 costumes not having enough volume or length is a pet peeve. I'm always yanking on some costumes hoping they will stretch. :monkey2

Sorry! It's been bugging me since the initial reveal but I was hoping that the taller boots would fix the problem...it hasn't 🤣

Could be worse...
:lol I vote whatever production line grinds to a halt. Because it can't be undone. It can't.:monkey3
For about 500$ they can add an extra bit of fabric. Not a deal breaker but if the material is leather or suede I'd try to stretch it.

No jerkin yanking. This isn't that kind of website.

Is aragorns hair supposed to be black or brown? It changes between scenes
Screenshot_2023-10-04-08-37-28-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-01-13-32-52-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a picture of the elven cloak from the back? Hopefully they get the size of the hood right

Back