InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the updates added like the cloak and boots being longer are so detailed and amazing. Jesus I'm foaming at the mouth looking at the photos. Lol It's going to be the coolest figure next to Gandalf can't wait for the rest of the fellowship if done right.

Batman approx from November on then Aragorn will be from Feb/March or maybe just from April on. Dont forget that when they release it in China we will get it 1-2-3 months later or so. Especially with the batch system what they have.

They started posting/reposting Joker/Gandalf/Pennywise/Batman/Aragorn/HP in the last 2 weeks or so on FB and Insta, everyday we get 1 post from them now, varying between these characters.
Yes I know that’s why I’m saying I guess they don’t have nothing new to show just yet, so they’re just reposting images of the current stuff.

I do wonder if it has anything to do with the strike going on as JND also mentioned they couldn’t reveal their next item yet b/c they can’t get the go head from the studio for the same reason.

Wouldn't the approval of the sculpt been done months ago or more? They've been selling it for a very long time now. They can' sell without approval.

Is there really a "final approval" stage after pre-sales but right before production begins? That seems crazy -- some bad actor could just not sign off at the very last minute. I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

Delays may not be strike related. WBD is going through constant re-orgs and layoffs. I believe their marketing team may currently be ... reconstituting.

Wouldn't the approval of the sculpt been done months ago or more? They've been selling it for a very long time now. They can' sell without approval.

Is there really a "final approval" stage after pre-sales but right before production begins? That seems crazy -- some bad actor could just not sign off at the very last minute. I'm not sure I've ever seen that.
@Bucky Underbelly @Wor-Gar I'm not talking about approval for current products or delays of release of any products we've already ordered, but rather for any new products. Meaning, InArt are reposting product they've already shown/put up for PO because they don't have approval to show anything new potentially due to the strike.

JND mentioned they haven't been able to get actor approval for their next product yet due to the strike. So, my theory was that InArt is reposting old stuff we've already seen b/c they probably can't get final approval yet on anything new. For instance, they mentioned that they were going to rework BvS Superman. And since they are, they may not be able to reveal the final proto yet for us to order if they need his approval whether that's through him directly or through whatever reps give the ok for that next round of revisions.

Hot Toys may not have to deal with that in regards to Disney/Marvel/SW since those might have automatic approval.

Last edited:
Both things can be (and probably are) true. I'm just saying these collectibles companies need a whole series of approvals from the licensing teams at the studios, before, during and after they develop their figures. Likeness, outfits, packaging, pricetags, etc. -- dozens of boxes to check. In fact, the studio licensing team gets way more of a say in what the products look like than people realize. More than the actors, certainly. Yes, some actors get approval power over their likenesses, but many don't. (And some actors don't care.) (I used to work with a licensing team inside a media company that rhymes with Smaych Bee Oh.) And actor approvals are typically handled through the studio licensing team and not directly with the collectibles company. I'm just saying that, if nobody's home at WBD right now, nobody's getting approvals to show, announce or even develop new figures. Regardless of whether the actors are on strike. If that's where the bottleneck is, that stops everybody in their tracks. However, if that's happening at the same time as the strike ... we can probably expect even more delays. At least for WBD stuff. Not sure if Disney's in as much turmoil.

Last edited:
To be fair, he does wear the black cloak for most scenes up to Lothlórien either rolled up or on his shoulders so it should be included as standard with all versions of the figure.
That is true, the rolled-up version is definitely included.

Both things can be (and probably are) true. I'm just saying these collectibles companies need a whole series of approvals from the licensing teams at the studios, before, during and after they develop their figures. Likeness, outfits, packaging, pricetags, etc. -- dozens of boxes to check. In fact, the studio licensing team gets way more of a say in what the products look like than people realize. More than the actors, certainly. Yes, some actors get approval power over their likenesses, but many don't. (And some actors don't care.) (I used to work with a licensing team inside a media company that rhymes with Smaych Bee Oh.) And actor approvals are typically handled through the studio licensing team and not directly with the collectibles company. I'm just saying that, if nobody's home at WBD right now, nobody's getting approvals to show, announce or even develop new figures. Regardless of whether the actors are on strike. If that's where the bottleneck is, that stops everybody in their tracks. However, if that's happening at the same time as the strike ... we can probably expect even more delays. At least for WBD stuff. Not sure if Disney's in as much turmoil.

I'm curious, and maybe you can educate me on this, just how many approvals does an actor get (assuming he gets approvals)? Is it just the one final approval on the prototype before production OR do they get multiple-stage approval throughout the process?

I'm curious, and maybe you can educate me on this, just how many approvals does an actor get (assuming he gets approvals)? Is it just the one final approval on the prototype before production OR do they get multiple-stage approval throughout the process?

Technically, it would depend on the terms of their contract. Could be different for everybody. But most times, you just want to keep the talent happy, so if they don't like something, you do what you can to get it tweaked and don't get too pedantic about the contractual details. Sometimes they just give you a thumbs up or down. Sometimes they don't care at all. And sometimes they really get into the weeds. (For instance, an actor of some note once sent our team back to Funko several times because the skin tone of their POP! wasn't right. For the record he was 100% correct.) It's different for everybody. The ones that bug you are the ones whose reps just ghost you. Rare, but it happens. Leaves you in limbo. That's when people above your paygrade start making phone calls.

thanks for all the insight @Bucky Underbelly :duff nice to hear some background on this type of thing rather than just the typical speculation from those us here not really in the know who just go off of previous experience (myself included in that).

thanks for all the insight @Bucky Underbelly :duff nice to hear some background on this type of thing rather than just the typical speculation from those us here not really in the know who just go off of previous experience (myself included in that).
Glad to help! Even if I don't have any first-hand info on this particular situation. I hate that the industry can be such a black box for customers. But that's just legal departments doing their jobs, I guess. :duff

Attachments

• IMG_0924.gif
    IMG_0924.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Seriously who covers that majestic outfit with the cloak, nice addition but gonna stay in the box :monkey1 :monkey3
This is probably the only reason I haven’t tried to sell off my Slim Aragorn.
He’ll be perfect for covering with the Strider cloak for a Pracing Pony display! The more shadow cast over that sculpt the better.

Technically, it would depend on the terms of their contract. Could be different for everybody. But most times, you just want to keep the talent happy, so if they don't like something, you do what you can to get it tweaked and don't get too pedantic about the contractual details. Sometimes they just give you a thumbs up or down. Sometimes they don't care at all. And sometimes they really get into the weeds. (For instance, an actor of some note once sent our team back to Funko several times because the skin tone of their POP! wasn't right. For the record he was 100% correct.) It's different for everybody. The ones that bug you are the ones whose reps just ghost you. Rare, but it happens. Leaves you in limbo. That's when people above your paygrade start making phone calls.
That’s really fantastic info. Thank you. Possibly explains many of the random things that HT do. I do remember back in the day with some of the early Iron Man figures that it was quoted that RDJ was very pedantic about his sculpts.

Back