InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy do I feel lucky to have just started collecting, I got into collecting because of the Gunslinger from LIM toys, always loved figures when I was a kid, I also grew up with Lord of the Rings and LOTR pc games, I always played the Paths of the Dead level, over and over again with Aragorn. And now we get this masterpiece..

I can't believe how good it looks I'm just so happy we get such a beautiful Aragorn sculpt and figure.. I really feel lucky, all my favorite characters are made by amazing companies. Arthur Morgan, John Marston and now Aragorn. LOVE it!

The promo picture of Aragorn with the bow pose blew my mind. Instant premium pre-order. I'm beyond excited for the figures this year.

I think part of the reason we may not get complete accuracy with some of the finer details is that they have a budget they can’t go over and they must decide where to spend it. I’d rather they just charge more and get it right but there are probably lots of factors.

I think part of the reason we may not get complete accuracy with some of the finer details is that they have a budget they can’t go over and they must decide where to spend it. I’d rather they just charge more and get it right but there are probably lots of factors.

I think the inaccuracies are just some minor limitations in the contract with whichever eldritch deity InArt sacrificed [redacted] to for their clearly otherworldly abilities to shrink real people into 1/6 form.

Ha it’d be funny if that’s why Aragorn’s boots aren’t quite tall enough.
‘The budget only accounts for so much fabric so we had to lose 1cm off every boot to make it work.’

It does sicken me a little to see that Sideshow have bested InArt with more accurate boots, cloak material, sword straps and belt buckle!
1673567109252.gif

I disagree. Theyve set a high bar and they know the lengths to go to achieve this level of accuracy. I highly doubt the reasoning for shorter boots is the result of budgetary constraints.

Doubt it's budget constraint. It's just human error. They're not a company of machines making figures. You're not gonna see a 1/1 100% accurate figure no matter what you pay in this hobby. Best thing to do is to show them the mistakes and hope that the feedback is heard since they're actively listening to the community.

Those are not glass eyes lol it's the exact same thing Hot Toys does, a plastic material eyeball coated in a layer of a material like varnish which gives it that glassy look.
If someone did a Sammy Davis Jr. 1/6 scale figure they would have to give him a real glass eye for accuracy, right?;)

I can live with a green cloak. Here's something interesting though, remember the old Sideshow Legolas exclusive version? Guess what, his cloak texture is an exact replica of the movie version 🤣

View attachment 617793
View attachment 617794
I've never seen this in person, but here it looks like it's printed on, not so much the texture of the material.

Can't wait to see what Legolas will look like.
Absolutely same! I swore I'd never get two of the same character - but if he comes in Fellowship of the Ring outfit and is anything remotely like Aragorn/Gandalf, I'm gonna have to get my Asmus Helms Deep a companion!!

Doubt it's budget constraint. It's just human error. They're not a company of machines making figures. You're not gonna see a 1/1 100% accurate figure no matter what you pay in this hobby. Best thing to do is to show them the mistakes and hope that the feedback is heard since they're actively listening to the community.
I hope so!

I would be interested to know how high the edition size will be and, above all, how I can shape the hair without sticky aids. I am a statue collector and am currently diving into this new world with Gandalf and Aragorn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would be interested to know how high the edition size will be and, above all, how I can shape the hair without sticky aids. I am a statue collector and am currently diving into this new world with Gandalf and Aragorn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We don't know the edition size yet but in regards to the hair, it will come pre-styled so you shouldn't need to do anything to it once you have it :)

Back