InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested to know how high the edition size will be and, above all, how I can shape the hair without sticky aids. I am a statue collector and am currently diving into this new world with Gandalf and Aragorn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The hair will pretty much come styled and very well packed like their Joker figure, nothing much you need to do with it out of the box will definitely look amazing with no futzing. Some small tweezers+brush with a little water would help if you wanna style it more as seen in the inArt videos!

Thank you,too
I have always avoided this type of figure and have now ordered both from InArt because I was tired of looking for the perfect Aragorn.I hope InArt does not disappoint us and delivers what they have shown us.

I also hope to have any info on edition sizes, that would be nice to know in the end. Also which figure was preordered the most.
But I guess we will never know.

No new posts since hours? Hype is dead, cancel my preorder.
Wasn't hyped since this isn't my favorite Middle Earth character, but it's a ranger Aragorn which is my favorite look for him, and possibly the last chance to get a decent Aragorn in that costume without going to the secondary market. I'd be more hyped for a Thranduil in his berry crown.

Hopefully InArt will resolve the costume detail issues. The other reason I'm not hyped is wariness over final production. Last time I got hyped over a company I didn't know was Blitzway's Zorro, which ended up being a fig that looks good on the shelf, but is way overpriced for what you get. The last reason I'm not hyped is - wait period. It's hard to keep that kind of energy with all the delays from everywhere. I forget what I ordered. Like Loki.

Anyway, anyone know the body InArt is using? I'd be a lot happier knowing it's a strong body, and not one of those that just collapses or flops over at the ankles or knees. I like to pose a fig and leave it for a while.

"The last reason I'm not hyped is - wait period. It's hard to keep that kind of energy with all the delays from everywhere. I forget what I ordered. Like Loki."

going on two plus years and counting since paying in full for Thunderbirds and Capt Scarlet figures from Big Chief 🤬
(and they keep taking money for new figures no one is getting!)

"The last reason I'm not hyped is - wait period. It's hard to keep that kind of energy with all the delays from everywhere. I forget what I ordered. Like Loki."

going on two plus years and counting since paying in full for Thunderbirds and Capt Scarlet figures from Big Chief 🤬
(and they keep taking money for new figures no one is getting!)
That *&^$#s. And I'm more patient than some. But it DOES get to the point where you start idly thinking about the money that's tied up, or just quit caring.

LOL TBH ordered the "Soldier Warrior" a while back, like over a year ago. Then there's Loki....suspect I'll see a new Mando before anything else, for some reason HT can get Mando out the door. :dunno

Aren’t they using bodies of their own design?
I could be wrong, but if TDK Joker is anything to go by, I'm not sure if that's still the case:
26f749e711a9d54ef36e0b0d58ed460b.jpg

The hair will pretty much come styled and very well packed like their Joker figure, nothing much you need to do with it out of the box will definitely look amazing with no futzing. Some small tweezers+brush with a little water would help if you wanna style it more as seen in the inArt videos!

I love the way they are packaging the head sculpt. So simple and so ingenious.

Oh and their videos are pretty amazing too. They are learning well how to get the fans excited!

I also hope to have any info on edition sizes, that would be nice to know in the end. Also which figure was preordered the most.
But I guess we will never know.
Official 1/6 figures tend to not have public edition sizes unlike most statues, nor do the companies tend to announce it. TDK Joker didn't come with a stated edition size notice so no reason to think this one would. There are, of course, exceptions every now and then though.
Wasn't hyped since this isn't my favorite Middle Earth character, but it's a ranger Aragorn which is my favorite look for him, and possibly the last chance to get a decent Aragorn in that costume without going to the secondary market. I'd be more hyped for a Thranduil in his berry crown.

Hopefully InArt will resolve the costume detail issues. The other reason I'm not hyped is wariness over final production. Last time I got hyped over a company I didn't know was Blitzway's Zorro, which ended up being a fig that looks good on the shelf, but is way overpriced for what you get. The last reason I'm not hyped is - wait period. It's hard to keep that kind of energy with all the delays from everywhere. I forget what I ordered. Like Loki.

Anyway, anyone know the body InArt is using? I'd be a lot happier knowing it's a strong body, and not one of those that just collapses or flops over at the ankles or knees. I like to pose a fig and leave it for a while.
Given that they stuck to their time frame for TDK Joker, I think it's safe to assume they will as well for Aragorn and not have a 2+ year wait like other companies. We'll know better if Gandalf also come out on time as I think he was the next one up for PO after TDK Joker, then Pennywise and The Batman.

As for the body, they've mentioned before that each figure will have it's own body design. I'm sure there are some shared/interchangeable parts between the bodies every now and then, though just like HT does. But in the case of this Aragorn, it looks to be own design given the exposed neck and chest and overall size as, unlike the Joker, he doesn't look so slim without the duster coat on. As for strength, current reviews of Joker seem to show pretty strong and stiff joints, at least for now.

I would be interested to know how high the edition size will be and, above all, how I can shape the hair without sticky aids. I am a statue collector and am currently diving into this new world with Gandalf and Aragorn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 263D976C-8246-4D0E-8481-A4579D8E7FD6.jpeg
    263D976C-8246-4D0E-8481-A4579D8E7FD6.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
Official 1/6 figures tend to not have public edition sizes unlike most statues, nor do the companies tend to announce it. TDK Joker didn't come with a stated edition size notice so no reason to think this one would. There are, of course, exceptions every now and then though.

Given that they stuck to their time frame for TDK Joker, I think it's safe to assume they will as well for Aragorn and not have a 2+ year wait like other companies. We'll know better if Gandalf also come out on time as I think he was the next one up for PO after TDK Joker, then Pennywise and The Batman.

As for the body, they've mentioned before that each figure will have it's own body design. I'm sure there are some shared/interchangeable parts between the bodies every now and then, though just like HT does. But in the case of this Aragorn, it looks to be own design given the exposed neck and chest and overall size as, unlike the Joker, he doesn't look so slim without the duster coat on. As for strength, current reviews of Joker seem to show pretty strong and stiff joints, at least for now.
Yup, if jokers turn around time is anything to go by, I’m confident we will be receiving Aragorn in the near future.

Remember InArt’s mission plan: to cut down on time from PO phase to having it in hand. And so far it seems like they held true to that promise with joker. It shouldn’t be any different with Aragorn, Gandalf and so on.

To me this is my definitive version of Aragorn. Just hope he comes with the dark green/black cloak and you can wrap it up and tie it around him like how he looked in Moria. But most definitley can't wait for this as I feel he was pushed ahead of Legolas and Nazgul being the popular character.

I could be wrong, but if TDK Joker is anything to go by, I'm not sure if that's still the case:
26f749e711a9d54ef36e0b0d58ed460b.jpg

I'm not sure it's their "own design" as that body looks a lot like the Slim True Type that Hot Toys uses, but at this stage of the hobby, it's hard to innovate on a body.

Back