InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how you can expect to compare the two, nor how you can expect it (original ANH Luke) to live it to today's standards given the advancements we've had since the original was released.

Would you expect your stock computer from a decade ago to be as fast, reliable and quality graphics as a brand new one that has today's specs? Would you expect your car to run as good as it did when you first bought it (without doing any maintenance) compared to a brand new version of the same model? There are countless other comparisons that could be made, but I would think the answer would be no. So, why would you expect a nearly decade old figure to live up to today's standards? That would mean there were no advancements since the original release at all. There will always be room for improvement in some shape or form.

From your previous post you mentioned that the original ANH didn't look like Hamil. That's a problem with the sculptor and the ones who approved the sculpt for production. And even if the sculpt was spot on in terms of likeness back then, the realism would stand the test of time. It still wouldn't hold a candle to this Aragorn just like most figures from that time don't.

This Aragorn would've suffered the same fate as ANH Luke if the sculpt stayed like it did from the show/convention, regardless of the quality or how good the rooted hair was. I doubt anyone would even be having this discussion of hopes and dreams of future InArt releases had they not updated this Aragorn sculpt at all.

EDIT: I get what you're saying, you want a good quality version of a character you care about. I'm saying that whatever quality is considered good today will be considered old and outdated tomorrow.

I'm saying all I can do is compare what exists to what exists. InArt is making product I want to own. Hot Toys might be killing it right now with the characters they're choosing to make, but it's rarely product I want to own anymore, because the product I want to own is all stuff they've already done years ago. I can't compare InArt Aragon to Hot Toy's new 2023 ANH Luke, because there is no 2023 ANH Luke. I can only compare it to the 2015 one.

Asmus is a better example here just because you can make the direct comparison. Their White Gandalf has a much better likeness than their Grey one, so while I can give them a thumbs up and say, hey, good job, it's a dollar short and a day late when all I care about is the Grey version. I'm not going to be comparing InArt's grey Gandalf to Asmus's white, because one of them is the character I want, and the other one isn't. But I will compare the grey to the grey, even if that's "unfair" because Asmus has shown improvement since then.

I'm saying all I can do is compare what exists to what exists. InArt is making product I want to own. Hot Toys might be killing it right now with the characters they're choosing to make, but it's rarely product I want to own anymore, because the product I want to own is all stuff they've already done years ago. I can't compare InArt Aragon to Hot Toy's new 2023 ANH Luke, because there is no 2023 ANH Luke. I can only compare it to the 2015 one.

Asmus is a better example here just because you can make the direct comparison. Their White Gandalf has a much better likeness than their Grey one, so while I can give them a thumbs up and say, hey, good job, it's a dollar short and a day late when all I care about is the Grey version. I'm not going to be comparing InArt's grey Gandalf to Asmus's white, because one of them is the character I want, and the other one isn't. But I will compare the grey to the grey, even if that's "unfair" because Asmus has shown improvement since then.
agree to disagree then :duff

Last edited:
I hear you brother @choombaz
I've listed stuff already on ebay,from Gi Joe Classified to "other" stuff.
As a massive Star Wars fan,I may start listing some of my collection soon too.
This figure is amazing looking in all aspects and Sugo has a great price right now.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of ppl are reconsidering their collection. Your a step ahead of me by already listing things. I've just added more items to my list this weekend and taken pics, but haven't gotten to the actual selling part yet.

I sold all my Hot Toys, save for Suicide Squad Arkham Asylum Joker, a while back. Made.room.for JND and now these. Don't have space for one's I'll never display or that don't live up to my want for a refined and most realistic looking interpretation of characters.

Also realised with Hot Toys I fell into the pit of getting things because they looked cool as opposed to me really loving the character. Collecting just to collect.

I sold all my Hot Toys, save for Suicide Squad Arkham Asylum Joker, a while back. Made.room.for JND and now these. Don't have space for one's I'll never display or that don't live up to my want for a refined and most realistic looking interpretation of characters.

Also realized with Hot Toys I fell into the pit of getting things because they looked cool as opposed to me really loving the character. Collecting just to collect.
Yea, that definitely happened to me as well, mostly with HT Marvel than anything. I got my first Iron Man and it was a slippery slope to buying more and more. Same with Cap. Then I got carried with Gi Joe for nostalgia reasons. I do enjoy the HT SW I have though.

I see a lot of people ordering both sculpted and rooted and I don't understand why. Can someone explain?

Specially when some figures will only have rooted option like Gandalf.

I see a lot of people ordering both sculpted and rooted and I don't understand why. Can someone explain?

Specially when some figures will only have rooted option like Gandalf.
I ordered rooted but here is what I think:

I don't see a problem with mixed figures on the shelf. Often times you see longer rooted hair figures and shorter sculpted. And this sculpted hair looks still great (for sculpted).
Another point would be: People ordering the sculpted version in addition because it is 130 cheaper and they want just the outfit for kitbash or maybe want to add a custom head or custom rooting him.

''INART ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring‘ - Aragorn 1/6 Collectible Figure
We are elated to share with you a video to give you a closer look at the 1/6 Aragorn figure, which will be displayed in various scenes and from different angles.
A behind-the-scenes Aragorn head sculpt maintenance video will be released soon.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!''

Well, pre-ordered the standard from Sugo. It just looks too good. I'll most likely offload the Helm's Deep Aragorn and have this as the definitive version of the character. I don't see Asmus topping this with a Crown version any time soon and I'm an avid supporter of them - their GTW looks incredible.
Like others here, I'm seriously considering offloading some figures soon. I'm getting excited by expanding my LOTR collection based on this figure and eventual Asmus releases like Saruman. There's quite few Marvel figs that might be sacrificed since the recent movies and shows haven't impressed me much. Probably keep my Iron Man Mk46 though. That one's special to me :)
I'll also echo the desire for InArt to do a Raiders Indy. Holy crap, that would be amazing.
Anyway, glad to see people here mostly excited/giddy for this.

''INART ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring‘ - Aragorn 1/6 Collectible Figure
We are elated to share with you a video to give you a closer look at the 1/6 Aragorn figure, which will be displayed in various scenes and from different angles.
A behind-the-scenes Aragorn head sculpt maintenance video will be released soon.
View attachment 617074
One of (if not) the best 1/6 figure I've seen. Stunning! :clap

Screenshot_20230109_111330_Facebook.jpg

I was talking in a theoretical sense, about IA getting SW and then unloading literally everything to start again.

Who knows, maybe we’ll be having that conversation for real in a couple of years. Life’s full of surprises.

I doubt I'd ever unload everything, besides the cost it'd also be a big hassle to start all over again. I'd probably only buy Tier 1 characters with human head sculpts which HT didn't get right like Han Solo and ROTS Kenobi. Still not entirely happy with their CW Kenobi sculpt even though its a definite improvement over their ROTS one.

View attachment 617074
This is such a beauty, I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

Back