InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even as a big Star Wars fan myself, I think HT has that one covered pretty well and "good enough". IA getting SW licence would be one of the most boring things I can imagine tbf :/
Inart should stay as far away from Star Wars/marvel as possible imo. Stick to stuff like LOTR, Terminator, Indiana Jones, The Matrix and so on.

Does anyone know if the Joker figures were numbered? I’d be curious to know how many they made, since they mass produced them at such high quality. Gives me a lot of hope for my Gandalf and Aragorn.

None of the Star Wars 7 have ever been done right -- not by Hot Toys either. Leia's dress? Luke's farmboy boots and incorrect pants color? Han's crappy boots? Ben's see-thru kimono?

Like with everything else, if you really look, there's tons of room for improvement on almost every HT figure.
I never looked hard tbqh because I was never enough of a fan of the characters. I don't think I even posted in any threads beyond the original Han/Chewie one. I was mostly an Empire fan OT-wise (and a Sith fan in general bar Anakin and Obi), and I kept waiting for a ROTJ Vader, disregarding anything else. Even now I'd buy a Bespin Han, but Leia's the most I'd go for to complete the OT Trio with my Mando Luke. Sort of an EU set up. I'm not spending money on Artoo, Chewie, etc. No human sculpt, no buy (unless it's a very specific case).

Yeah, I think InArt prices for Hobbits will be challenging... so for me I'd only be willing to pay that once, for Frodo. No way I'd pay that for Merry, Pippin or even Samwise. I wouldn't pay that for Boromir either. So cutting those 4 immediately saves me nearly $2,000. :lol

When InArt gets Star Wars -- and God help us all -- that's when I will become the "original Star Wars only" guy and stick to just ANH characters. Just the 7 heroes alone is going to be at least $3,500... add another $2,000 for Vader, Tarkin and one trooper. $500+ a pop will definitely test your devotion to Star Wars.
They could do them in two packs. Around the $600 mark I'd guess.
Frodo and Sam
Merry and Pippin

Go to sleep and wake up with all this talk of InArt Star Wars figures

1673219250362.gif

They could do them in two packs. Around the $600 mark I'd guess.
Frodo and Sam
Merry and Pippin

Yeah but you know that making those little bodies and even tinier clothing is actually harder than regular 1/6th clothing... so in truth price should go up on labor... but then, practically no one would buy a $600 lone Hobbit.

A 2-pack at $600 would certainly tempt me... but in the end, I need only one Hobbit and only one Dwarf. I don't need "The Fellowship". Frickin' Tolkien trying to sell toys.

Yeah, I think InArt prices for Hobbits will be challenging... so for me I'd only be willing to pay that once, for Frodo. No way I'd pay that for Merry, Pippin or even Samwise. I wouldn't pay that for Boromir either. So cutting those 4 immediately saves me nearly $2,000. :lol

When InArt gets Star Wars -- and God help us all -- that's when I will become the "original Star Wars only" guy and stick to just ANH characters. Just the 7 heroes alone is going to be at least $3,500... add another $2,000 for Vader, Tarkin and one trooper. $500+ a pop will definitely test your devotion to Star Wars.

I would most likely be tempted to pick up the Fellowship Nine from InArt. I don't even want to think about a "Star Wars" series of figures from InArt... :panic:

I think it would be the impetus for me to seriously purge the collection and simply limit myself to these "ultimate" figures...

Yeah but you know that making those little bodies and even tinier clothing is actually harder than regular 1/6th clothing... so in truth price should go up on labor... but then, practically no one would buy a $600 lone Hobbit.

A 2-pack at $600 would certainly tempt me... but in the end, I need only one Hobbit and only one Dwarf. I don't need "The Fellowship". Frickin' Tolkien trying to sell toys.
Since they are doing Potter I'd imagine it would be a younger version with a tooled smaller body which could lend itself well to Hobbit bodies.

I would most likely be tempted to pick up the Fellowship Nine from InArt. I don't even want to think about a "Star Wars" series of figures from InArt... :panic:

I think it would be the impetus for me to seriously purge the collection and simply limit myself to these "ultimate" figures...
And then you're halfway there and are waiting for the next "ultimate", and hey, you've got some spare cash so you might as well get a companion piece for one of those figures you've got, and before you know it you've gone down the same rabbit hole. But hey, maybe you'll get it under control this time...

ab7f8c33798366f89de2ce11f1ad23d2da9ed5eb.gif

I know I'd do the same thing all over again if I purged it all. So I'd keep the "proper" collection around and then go for a "Mega Hits" approach. It's the only way I could really stick to such a plan and not be carried away.

I'm just loving the buzz on the forum about this figure. The excitement level is off the chart. I hope and pray that what we get doesn't disappoint in any way. If Gandalf is a winner, then I will be totally relaxed about Aragorn.
Bring them on!!!! :yess:

And then you're halfway there and are waiting for the next "ultimate", and hey, you've got some spare cash so you might as well get a companion piece for one of those figures you've got, and before you know it you've gone down the same rabbit hole. But hey, maybe you'll get it under control this time...

ab7f8c33798366f89de2ce11f1ad23d2da9ed5eb.gif

I know I'd do the same thing all over again if I purged it all. So I'd keep the "proper" collection around and then go for a "Mega Hits" approach. It's the only way I could really stick to such a plan and not be carried away.
That's the nature of our hobby; always a better figure just around the corner.

But a purge is definitely in order. I just have too many figures at the moment. A more concentrated collection is the logical and financial move, for me.

Wrong thread but as we are on a InArt train, is my bby Cavill Superman confirmed? I remember they made a list of upcoming figures, with DC Trinity + Mera. Truly curios to see how their female characters turn out. Have high hopes for Henry as well, Hot Toys failed every single time. Personally I prefer the third party sculpt Kit offered.

If Gandalf is a winner, then I will be totally relaxed about Aragorn.

That's the scary thing -- at some point, InArt, like every company before them, will deliver a lemon. Something that just doesn't turn out like the proto. We'll all go nuts. And at these prices, it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Let's hope it's not one of these first 4-5 figures at least.

Back