InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the nature of our hobby; always a better figure just around the corner.

But a purge is definitely in order. I just have too many figures at the moment. A more concentrated collection is the logical and financial move, for me.
Fair point. But my rule is that I’ll be out when HT releases their last Doom. So I’ve got around a decade left to gather most of my wants.

As for a purge, luckily I’ve only recently started POing steadily, so I’m in no need to do that. I feel you though. And you’re right, a tighter and more curated collection is preferable to a hodgepodge. I was talking in a theoretical sense, about IA getting SW and then unloading literally everything to start again.

Who knows, maybe we’ll be having that conversation for real in a couple of years. Life’s full of surprises.

Go to sleep and wake up with all this talk of InArt Star Wars figures

View attachment 617020

Take any post from 10 years ago, and switch out "Hot Toys" for "InArt" and "Sideshow" for "Hot Toys" and the posts would still make sense. Soon enough, we'll want InArt to do the main characters, and Hot Toys can do the aliens, because as we all know, Hot Toys human sculpts just aren't that great.

It's wild to see the 'Overton window' shift. Now, we're saying Hot Toys hair sucks and was never any good. Jeez, it just feels like yesterday when Hot Toys was the standard for female figures.

There’s also JND who announced 1/6th stuff last year but showed nothing. Still, another thing to consider. Well, I won’t be disappointed if my Scarlet Witch HT looks a tad outdated in a decade, but I’d update a select few for sure.

Jeez, it just feels like yesterday when Hot Toys was the standard for female figures.

Thankfully, times change.

HT has had an incredible run and a lock on the hobby for the last 10 years or more. It's about time for some innovation.

For comparison, Sideshow only had a lock on the hobby for about 3 years (2005-2008)

Fair point. But my rule is that I’ll be out when HT releases their last Doom. So I’ve got around a decade left to gather most of my wants.

As for a purge, luckily I’ve only recently started POing steadily, so I’m in no need to do that. I feel you though. And you’re right, a tighter and more curated collection is preferable to a hodgepodge. I was talking in a theoretical sense, about IA getting SW and then unloading literally everything to start again.

Who knows, maybe we’ll be having that conversation for real in a couple of years. Life’s full of surprises.

Ah ok! No, I wouldn't restart the SW collection. First of all, I'm just too old to do so. I don't have the time or funds to restart, even if selling the current collection. I think if InArt were to get the SW license, I would probably follow Wor-Gar's point as just limiting myself to the "7" or so main characters. Possibly even less, as I would probably limit myself to the "A New Hope" Tatooine Luke, Princess Leia, Han and Chewie and finally Ben Kenobi. I would be fine with just those. R2 and 3PO would also be possible, as well, but I would be looking more towards the more realistic head sculpts.

Ah ok! No, I wouldn't restart the SW collection. First of all, I'm just too old to do so. I don't have the time or funds to restart, even if selling the current collection. I think if InArt were to get the SW license, I would probably follow Wor-Gar's point as just limiting myself to the "7" or so main characters. Possibly even less, as I would probably limit myself to the "A New Hope" Tatooine Luke, Princess Leia, Han and Chewie and finally Ben Kenobi. I would be fine with just those. R2 and 3PO would also be possible, as well, but I would be looking more towards the more realistic head sculpts.
Yeah, at some point it just gets tiring. Regardless of updates and innovations, the excitement is gone. A select few upgrades for the finish touch would be the best way to approach it.

100% that. I wouldn't go that rabbit hole of updating every trooper or droid with slightly better figures. But totally would replace Luke, Han or Leia for their Aragorn-quality counterparts in a beat.

I honestly don’t see Inart doing Star Wars anytime soon, if ever in our lifetime. Zero chance Hot Toys ever lets that license go.

Anything Marvel/Star-Wars related we probably won’t see soon from Inart. That’s Hot Toys bread and butter.

I would love Inart to do an Indy though. There’s too many custom sculpts and outfits. Indy is right behind Joker in terms of the amount of custom works there’s been for that character.

People acting as if HT is done and dusted like sideshow was, when in reality they still offer some top notch heads like padme, anakin just to mention the newest batch.
The difference to inart is far less than between sideshow and HT

And we havent even seen Aragorn in hand yet, could still turn out "only" HT level and not "promo shot level".

First off, I got to thank this forum and all my fellow freaks for keeping me, and others up to date. I almost missed my chance for ordering the INART Premium Edition Aragorn (rooted) figure.

I was trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the rooted or sculpted, but since I already pre-ordered the GTG figure, which only comes rooted, the decision was easy. But then I thought, if Gandalf was only offered rooted, will they do the same with Legolas and Gimli for instance? I figured Legolas sculpted will definitely affect head articulation, just like GTG, but then can INART get a rooted Legolas' hair straight.....and will it stay like that. With Gimli, you would think the sculpted might be an easier route, but I think INART could do a good rooted job with him. I do have the ASMUS Twilight Witch King, so adding the rooted characters from INART will be my only 1/6 rooted figures in my collection.

If there are collectors that get Aragorn with sculpted hair and want let's say, Legolas and Gimli, then deciding on rooted or sculpted may be a more in depth decision then one would think.

I love the Iminime approach. They basically went through many top IMDB films. There are some action movies, but not only. The problem with Hot Toys is that they do not like men in suits (only Iron Man and Star Wars).
Most custom figures are actually made based on these top lists.
But of course, financially there would be more people ordering Joker than Cobb from Inception, or The Narrator from Fight Club, or Cooper from Interstellar.
But even LOTR, TDK or SW are the top films too. So, popularity matters, and it would be fun if some companies would follow this IMDB logic.

I just hope InArt is able to find the good middle ground between making one-offs and making dozens of figures belonging to a single line. Not everybody agrees on what constitutes a core character, but I'd love a studio that would focus on making the core cast of an IP and then move on to something new and interesting, rather than keep on making every possible character. I never really buy the extended cast of anything, it's what makes Hot Toys less interesting to me now, I personally don't care about owning a Mace Windu or a Mantis.

I honestly don’t see Inart doing Star Wars anytime soon, if ever in our lifetime. Zero chance Hot Toys ever lets that license go.

Anything Marvel/Star-Wars related we probably won’t see soon from Inart. That’s Hot Toys bread and butter.

I would love Inart to do an Indy though. There’s too many custom sculpts and outfits. Indy is right behind Joker in terms of the amount of custom works there’s been for that character.
And any Disney license is going to be extremely expensive. More so than DC or LotR. You would absolutely see that reflected in the price of the figure.

I know people complain about the prices of HT figures, but if they are paying for the exclusive 1/6th rights for Star Wars and Marvel, then they are surely paying a ton.

Well more than likely, we've got a year or more before this gets released to worry about it.
It says Q4 2023 but lets see.

I want to know how many human resources IA has available. Like if they getting FAR more preorders for Aragorn than expected what would that mean for a) Aragorns release date and b) releases for upcoming figures?
Like if the team need to paint and root 10000 heads when they roughly estimated like 4000 in their grand figure plan for 2023...

Back