InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for engaging.

It’s a steep price for either. A couple of hands, shards of a sword and rooted hair for $135 extra is worth discussing.
Yeah, hands, an absolute dealbreaker!
Yes a customiser can do rooted sculpts for a high price tag, but this is a well established company with a wealth of experience and resources and the skills to do this for a fairer price.
This is a fairer price, a customiser is going to charge you well over $135 for this kind of rooting :lol.
They know it’s a steep increase otherwise they wouldn’t have bundled some accessories with the premium in an attempt to make it more palatable. I think a lot of people would’ve liked to have Anduril included, or other accessories for the variant looks he had throughout the film to make to justify the high cost.
He did not have Anduril in Fellowship.
$290 and $400 seem much more appropriate a price, still higher that the closest equivalent hot toys figure.
I’m sure you know their profit margins and could easily produce figures of this quality with a lower retail cost, looking forward to spaceghost2000 collectibles.
I also think it’s worth discussing this preorder strategy (someone else brought this up but it was drowned out by all the prototype praise).
3 days to decide on if you want the premium version. Some people may not even check the check the forum/social media within that time. It’s not very collector friendly, this ‘fomo’ strategy is worse than when sideshow do a low stock alert/premature waitlist on figures.
Because they likely wish to keep the batch number lower for the rooted versions, it’s a tedious and delicate process and the more figures they have to produce the lower the quality becomes or the longer the delays become.
If InArt are worried about too many orders for the rooted version why not just set an edition number (they sell out when they sell out), it’s no less arbitrary that seeing how many orders they get for 3 days. They must have a rough idea from their 4? other preorders of how many they may make.
Edition numbers are lame, and they can just cut pre-orders earlier if it exceeds their limit. No big deal.
I also have an issue with the presentation, it’s all a bit museum pose dull. All of their figures look like they’re waiting for an elevator, why not add some interesting poses? Show us how well they can move. That Aragorn pic with him kneeling is most dynamic thing they’ve shown. Not to mention the info sheets display all the wrong things, they seem to have devoted so much time to the sculpt and hair that the preorder and presentation is an afterthought.
Nitpicking at this point.

Enjoy your Asmus version, it’s such great value!

:lol

Not sure how anyone can really complain about this figure.
The expectations of quality and fidelity have been steadily rising in this hobby for years now, and, honestly, the only way that you are ever going to see work at this scale, that matches those expectation are if the prices rise with those expectations.

You want a photorealist near perfect representation of an actor? It increasingly can be done. But it will not be cheap. Good work and quality has value. I absolutely see the value of this product and the price points seem 100% justifiable.

I know time is running out on rooted hair but I still don’t know which one to order. Driving me crazy. I’ve told myself it would come down to cost but damn that rooted Aragorn is insane!

I was on the fence to. It goes to show how good the sculpted version is imo, which I personally went with.

Last edited:
This looks better than anything assmus has ever done. I had one of their old ones that was this look and the hair was like straw and the clothes felt cheap and bad. This looks perfect. I may have to make room for this.

Preordered the Premium Version. I hope we don't have problems in the future with rooted... Fingers crossed.

I know time is running out on rooted hair but I still don’t know which one to order. Driving me crazy. I’ve told myself it would come down to cost but damn that rooted Aragorn is insane!
I'd go with rooted if you can afford it. I think we might see more releases of him with sculpted hair, but I foresee the rooted version be a very exclusive piece in the future, maybe a few hundreds of them, so crazy prices on secondary market. You can always sell him and get the sculpted later.

I'd go with rooted if you can afford it. I think we might see more releases of him with sculpted hair, but I foresee the rooted version be a very exclusive piece in the future, maybe a few hundreds of them, so crazy prices on secondary market. You can always sell him and get the sculpted later.
their move alone to keep to a 3 day PO window makes the figure really desirable, at least for the rooted version. once its gone, I'm guessing its gone. with him being priced around 500~, fairly reasonable compared to the rooted 2 pack for joker, i can see a lot more wiggle room with him jumping up in price compared to joker. people MIGHT be willing to spend 800 a year or two once the figure is released compared to joker where its a bit more of burden with the packaging and with customs being a more readily available option compared to aragorn, he might sit around 1200-1400~. my guess

their move alone to keep to a 3 day PO window makes the figure really desirable, at least for the rooted version. once its gone, I'm guessing its gone. with him being priced around 500~, fairly reasonable compared to the rooted 2 pack for joker, i can see a lot more wiggle room with him jumping up in price compared to joker. people MIGHT be willing to spend 800 a year or two once the figure is released compared to joker where its a bit more of burden with the packaging and with customs being a more readily available option compared to aragorn, he might sit around 1200-1400~. my guess
You might be right. Heck, even a really mediocre figure like Asmus Éowyn is selling for $600-850 on eBay, just because of scarcity.

You might be right. Heck, even a really mediocre figure like Asmus Éowyn is selling for $600-850 on eBay, just because of scarcity.
It is hard to predict price speculation. This figure selling so many pieces might end up with more on the market than any Eowyn produced. Or that (hope not) the final product turns out worse than the prototype? Who knows.

Anyway the chances are prices going up but I'm not in the hobby for speculating with figures for money, just my own enjoyment.

It is hard to predict price speculation. This figure selling so many pieces might end up with more on the market than any Eowyn produced. Or that (hope not) the final product turns out worse than the prototype? Who knows.

Anyway the chances are prices going up but I'm not in the hobby for speculating with figures for money, just my own enjoyment.
Sure, I'm not interested on market prices in a few years, just talking about potentially regretting the opportunity of getting him at retail price, predicting much higher prices in the future.

Kit apparently was able to re-open Gandalf for pre-order. Debating on getting an InArt figure just to see if it’s worth the hype and am torn between him and Aragorn.

It’s insane to me that these are the “same” figure from the same company. I don’t understand how there’s such a giant improvement in the sculpt over a few months. I don’t have experience creating accurate sculpts like this but I assume it takes longer than 2-3 months from concept to final painted product. Did they have 2 in production then tested them both by sharing with an audience? What would be the point? I don’t know how you can say the first is better.
3019927A-65CB-499A-BD2E-595D24D29430.png

Kit apparently was able to re-open Gandalf for pre-order. Debating on getting an InArt figure just to see if it’s worth the hype and am torn between him and Aragorn.
I wouldn't exactly bank on it happening again. Not saying it won't, as it easily could, but that happened because of people being upset after the Las Vegas event canceling their orders. They were opened up again to allow those canceled orders to be picked up by others because Kit would be stuck with them otherwise. He can't cancel his orders with InArt.

It’s insane to me that these are the “same” figure from the same company. I don’t understand how there’s such a giant improvement in the sculpt over a few months. I don’t have experience creating accurate sculpts like this but I assume it takes longer than 2-3 months from concept to final painted product. Did they have 2 in production then tested them both by sharing with an audience? What would be the point? I don’t know how you can say the first is better.
View attachment 616973

I guess it is possible they were still working on the improved sculpt which they didn't have ready in time for the convention, so they just stuck on an earlier attempt of theirs?

Here’s hoping that a rooted hair Legolas is next. I’ve been content with my Asmus Deluxe sculpted hair version. But damn. An InArt Legolas that’s as realistic as their Aragorn with fully rooted hair would be a must-buy for me.

Back