InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question to those who already ordered from OSK especically from Europe. Did you get an IOSS number so that you didnt need to pay the VAT when the figures arrived and had to pay only the custom/duty? or how does it exactly go?
Usually custom won't bother you unless they didn't notice the IOSS we declared, email us if that happens, we will tell you the IOSS number so you can inform them

Usually custom won't bother you unless they didn't notice the IOSS we declared, email us if that happens, we will tell you the IOSS number so you can inform them
Thx Kit, in Hungary they tend to/ try to get every single penny from people so just wanted to make sure that I can provide them one beforehand so they cant try to rob me off, so I would really apprecaite the IOSS number once the figure is released and I paid the rest of the amount to you. :) Will email you accordingly in Q4 2023 then. :)

I’ve heard/read horror stories about Osk and toyswonderland on Reddit and Facebook. So I’d prefer not to use them if possible.
Idk what stories you've heard,reddit and social media in general is full of delusional ppl. From my experience OSK is the best shop I have ever dealt with. Have got lot of figures from Kit and have even more on preorder. Always top notch packaging and flawless customer service. Kit is the best, I trust him blindly.

Sod it. I put my money where my mouth is and ordered three premiums through OSK. Aragorn is my favourite character in literature and cinema so having the best possible versions at this point is essential to me.

I'm planning on having classic Strider in Fellowship attire, using a head on my Helm's Deep custom and using a spare red Rohan shirt for TTT/ROTK attire.

That said, the missing/incorrect aspects of the outfit will bug me for all eternity unless fixed before release. I don't want to have to start using Asmus and Sideshow (the real leather bedroll and correct coloured blanket) parts on this figure but there parts from those versions that are frustratingly better...

Understood. I would just wonder if those horror stories are from ppl who tried to screw over OSK and since they didn’t get their way, are blasting them in other places.

OSK is pretty transparent and shares screenshots on Facebook when someone tries to get their deposit back by saying things like “I never ordered this, you’re just trying to scam me” or something similar to that effect.

But of course, it doesn’t hurt to be cautious, especially with items as high a price as these, so best to go where you feel the more comfortable for sure. You have a decent handful of options 👍🏼
Yes, I have known people who have made RIDICULOUS demands of retailers and customer service agents who then had the gall to get angry/make a scene/threaten bad reviews when they didn’t get their way …ugh

This is only $30 more and you are saying it's only 1.5x better?
View attachment 616860

Exactly, or to put it another way, you can pay $30 more and get something that actually looks like Viggo Mortensen on your shelf which is kind of the whole point of this hobby.

The only decision I have to make is whether its two rooted sculpts or 1 rooted, 1 sculpted. I've already preordered 1 rooted.

Two rooted...you know it makes sense!
Exactly, or to put it another way, you can pay $30 more and get something that actually looks like Viggo Mortensen on your shelf which is kind of the whole point of this hobby.

The only decision I have to make is whether its two rooted sculpts or 1 rooted, 1 sculpted. I've already

Or you may also call me unprofessional or childish, in the old days I always fight with people in the public

I admin that

I am more calm now as a father and oldman
Haha I wouldn’t say so. I always figured you were just trying to get ahead of anyone trying to spread lies by showing the truth of what was actually said and how you actually tried to help those ppl; yet, they still would be angry and try to take advantage of you.

Order placed for both premium and standard. :panic: The sculpted hair looks really good but good lord does the rooted version look like a 1/1 wax statue of him.

41FwSS8.png

XyAsFwD.jpg
54QAyO2.jpg

GianToys has the premium version for $10 cheaper. Can't go wrong with either from them or Kit. At the very least, avoid Toyswonderland everyone.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4221

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4222

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre...9fd9H4fNm7A9bHKNXVnLu0Cffd3Sruy1q1O8DmHcDB5Gw
https://giantoy.com/collections/pre...bUuG3X-s-ldxZULckI2ffczEqVwphm0C4RbFsw5QWVORQ

Why two figures mate?

Idk what stories you've heard,reddit and social media in general is full of delusional ppl. From my experience OSK is the best shop I have ever dealt with. Have got lot of figures from Kit and have even more on preorder. Always top notch packaging and flawless customer service. Kit is the best, I trust him blindly.
osk has always done good. the only sort of drama I've heard are people that blow up since they can't get what they want like the dude with the defective lizard. its an unfortunate situation, coupled with how expensive international shipping is but kit offered him many options to choose from, ofc options he didn't like so he went onto every possible facebook group and spammed posts about kit. he could've handled it privately with kit, but chose to act like... :panic:

Thank you for engaging.

It’s a steep price for either. A couple of hands, shards of a sword and rooted hair for $135 extra is worth discussing. Yes a customiser can do rooted sculpts for a high price tag, but this is a well established company with a wealth of experience and resources and the skills to do this for a fairer price. They know it’s a steep increase otherwise they wouldn’t have bundled some accessories with the premium in an attempt to make it more palatable. I think a lot of people would’ve liked to have Anduril included, or other accessories for the variant looks he had throughout the film to make to justify the high cost. $290 and $400 seem much more appropriate a price, still higher that the closest equivalent hot toys figure.

I also think it’s worth discussing this preorder strategy (someone else brought this up but it was drowned out by all the prototype praise).
3 days to decide on if you want the premium version. Some people may not even check the check the forum/social media within that time. It’s not very collector friendly, this ‘fomo’ strategy is worse than when sideshow do a low stock alert/premature waitlist on figures.
If InArt are worried about too many orders for the rooted version why not just set an edition number (they sell out when they sell out), it’s no less arbitrary that seeing how many orders they get for 3 days. They must have a rough idea from their 4? other preorders of how many they may make.

I also have an issue with the presentation, it’s all a bit museum pose dull. All of their figures look like they’re waiting for an elevator, why not add some interesting poses? Show us how well they can move. That Aragorn pic with him kneeling is most dynamic thing they’ve shown. Not to mention the info sheets display all the wrong things, they seem to have devoted so much time to the sculpt and hair that the preorder and presentation is an afterthought.

Sod it. I put my money where my mouth is and ordered three premiums through OSK. Aragorn is my favourite character in literature and cinema so having the best possible versions at this point is essential to me.

I'm planning on having classic Strider in Fellowship attire, using a head on my Helm's Deep custom and using a spare red Rohan shirt for TTT/ROTK attire.

That said, the missing/incorrect aspects of the outfit will bug me for all eternity unless fixed before release. I don't want to have to start using Asmus and Sideshow (the real leather bedroll and correct coloured blanket) parts on this figure but there parts from those versions that are frustratingly better...

I know we're all still in the honeymoon stage with this one, but we should really nail down the inaccuracies and communicate to Inart to make sure they are aware. They have a Facebook page it can be posted on.

I know we're all still in the honeymoon stage with this one, but we should really nail down the inaccuracies and communicate to Inart to make sure they are aware. They have a Facebook page it can be posted on.
Agreed! I did comment on their latest post with a few points but had to reply from them yet. I think I might throw together a visual comparison between the figure and the movie costume so it's easier to see the discrepancies.

I know a lot of people will be happy as it is but for me it's frustrating when you notice missing details after the fact! A lot of people are obsessed with building the perfect Indy but for me, I want the most screen accurate version of Aragorn possible to date!

Agreed! I did comment on their latest post with a few points but had to reply from them yet. I think I might throw together a visual comparison between the figure and the movie costume so it's easier to see the discrepancies.

I know a lot of people will be happy as it is but for me it's frustrating when you notice missing details after the fact! A lot of people are obsessed with building the perfect Indy but for me, I want the most screen accurate version of Aragorn possible to date!

Totally respect that and if it means a better figure for all then you definitely should! A lot of us out there like the character, but aren't as in tune with the little nuances. Boba Fett costume details are more my speed :lol

Great looking figure, but the price is good, but should have made the premium with either rooted or non-rooted hair. Just makes sense to give 2 head sculpts imo.

I will preorder premium but having own rooted hair figures in the past, I do worry about it losing the flow or look.

Human hair hangs because of gravity and oils and perpetual brushing, and doll hair does concern me.

I also hope this pushes companies to make better sculpts. Competition pushes innovation.

I went back and looked at my Asmus Aragon and found it to be better than I remembered. Inart has the best 1/6 headsculpt ever made with both their Joker and now Aragon, but now looking at Asmus Aragon and that headsculpt also looks better than I initially thought.

Wow, despite the steep price tag and the fact that I already have a version of the character that I like for my Fellowship collection I had to preorder this. My God, this thing looks as lifelike as I’ve ever seen.

Maybe for the first time I’ll actually sell a figure from my collection (Asmus SLIM Aragorn). I’m running out of storage space for boxes!

Over time I’m expect that I’m going to have to replace all my Asmus Fellowship figures with InArt ones. Except maybe Gandalf the White.

Back