InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the Asmus one in the custom section? If so I agree. Just never seen it displayed like this. If not it’s just as good as that one

Yup, it's the Asmus Slim version original rooted sculpt, re-rooted by TeTsu Studio...

But for real this looks nothing like Aragorn, maybe his stunt double.
1666875954551.png
1666875985908.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There could always be a deluxe two pack; one with the more neutral face used at the show and the rooted one, which I interpret as a more intense expression.

Would be such a minor difference that it’s probably not the case but there could still be plans for a Strider and Amon Hen two pack.

So, whoever wanted to keep it hush hush that the rooted sculpt belongs to InArt clearly wasn’t InArt’s social media rep. What a stupid secret to try and keep.

Pers confirmed then as the eyes are looking up on the root sculpt and neutral on the display piece. I do think pers is just an standard feature with IA so we can always expect it.

Im liking what I see more as time goes on. It’s still obviously the best mass produced Aragorn and will also beat all those who wasted money on rooting the Asmus sculpts. We just need proper, quality images that capture all the details, textures and weathering.
I think it was just a matter of that pic was probably not approved to be released to the masses yet. It got leaked to certain people (me included) and I'm assuming others were told to keep it hush hush just as I did but they didn't listen.

Well I'd imagine all figure companies have multiple prototypes, they wouldn't just make one draft.

The one on display is just likely the one that was furthest along in terms of presentability, we'll never really know though.
Right and that makes sense. I just didn’t know if companies have ever “intentionally“ shared two different sculpts to the public to determine which to go with. Even if it wasn‘t official, the rooted hair reveal still feels intentional.

I think it was just a matter of that pic was probably not approved to be released to the masses yet. It got leaked to certain people (me included) and I'm assuming others were told to keep it hush hush just as I did but they didn't listen.
Someone posted the pic under InArt's Aragorn post and it seems to have been removed now, I'm guessing by InArt themselves.

None of those custom sculpts look anywhere close to Viggo :LOL:
Because people seem to have it in their heads now that custom = better and the next step in the evolutionary scale, just see the Joker thread as proof of that. Personally I don't agree, the InArt versions are good enough to satisfy my needs, but each to their own and all.

Because people seem to have it in their heads now that custom = better and the next step in the evolutionary scale, just see the Joker thread as proof of that. Personally I don't agree, the InArt versions are good enough to satisfy my needs, but each to their own and all.
I think some people buying customs are sour because they paid about 4x or more for very minimal improvement over what retail (InArt) can provide.

I think some people buying customs are sour because they paid about 4x or more for very minimal improvement over what retail (InArt) can provide.
At those prices I'd rather buy a statue. InArt's pricing is the limit I'd pay for 1:6 (unless it's a 1:6 statue like WETA Sauron), and I'm delighted with the quality shown for the price.

It seems i'm too late for the usual panic pages following each new reveal! :LOL:

Yes, I think this looks fantastic - easily the best Aragorn likeness to date, I see Viggo here unlike in many of the above customs many of whom look like Jason Clarke to my eye.
The costume looks fantastic!!!!
Base looks nice and classy.
Very, very excited.

Inart do need to post professional pics first though to avoid this sort of panic in the future. A video is even better as we can see here.

At those prices I'd rather buy a statue. InArt's pricing is the limit I'd pay for 1:6 (unless it's a 1:6 statue like WETA Sauron), and I'm delighted with the quality shown for the price.

I see this all the time in customs. Not only is there some sort of "artist loyalty" with some folks, but also the mentality that custom is always better. Sometimes it is. Sometimes I scratch my head. Like I saw a pair of sculpted boots made by Beto awhile back and everyone was going nuts over them. They were plan sculpted boots. No mix media. No soft goods. No real laces even and people were praising. I don't get it.

Of course it's "to each their own" I have spent stupid money in the custom world too, but the quality needs to be there. I don't blindly purchase just because a certain artist is involved.

I'm also really hoping InArt can come through as I really prefer more realism in my collectibles, but I'm getting burnt out on the custom runs. The wait times. The egos. Everything.

Back