InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that in the deluxe versions rooted and sculpted should come together.

By the way, awful Aragorn right there....

It's a let down but I'm not actually that surprised given they didn't nail their Gandalf either and the proto was actually quite far off the mark. IMO they did improve Gandalf between proto and production so there's hope they could do that here but for a company that wants to set itself apart from HT as a high end collectible they just haven't achieved that.

I'll still probably PO this in the hopes they can salvage it because I really do want a really good 1/6 scale Aragorn but given the price point this will probably be my last InArt figure and I'll stick to Asmus if they can maintain a standard closer to Gimli, Elrond and their Gandalf the White proto.

I think it is quiet possible they are the same. The light is much different and lightens up the dark eyeliner around the eyes which makes the sculpted version looks a bit off and feminine. And rooted is also just so much more lifelike than sculpted hair. At first I was skeptical, but I reduced the size of the picture and looked on it furtcher away...it can be!

I do wonder though, why Inart would not show it same time as the sculpted version on the show...

I mean, the eyes may be too large and the mouth too narrow... but in hand at 2 inches tall, it's gonna look like a little live Viggo. Or a really good Jesus Christ.

found on FB, is it InArt Aragorn CU 10-26-22.jpg

I used to say InArt were far better than Hot Toys with photography and showing their figures in a good light. The last week or so has crushed that opinion. They are the culprits of so much of this discourse. If that is the rooted hair sculpt, then this is going to be a massive win and everyone will be wondering why they inexplicably took what they did to the event. Or at least, why they photographed it the way they did.

Last edited:
I think it is quiet possible they are the same. The light is much different and lightens up the dark eyeliner around the eyes which makes the sculpted version looks a bit off and feminine. And rooted is also just so much more lifelike than sculpted hair. At first I was skeptical, but I reduced the size of the picture and looked on it furtcher away...it can be!

I do wonder though, why Inart would not show it same time as the sculpted version on the show...
So far we've just seen crappy cell phone pics and none that really showcase the sculpt for what it is, so theres a good chance they are the same. Plus I don't know why my source would lie about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😆

The skin color also makes a difference. The one at the event looks so pale compared to the rooted version. Light is so important. We need more pics from that event..

I mean, the eyes may be too large and the mouth too narrow... but in hand at 2 inches tall, it's gonna look like a little live Viggo. Or a really good Jesus Christ.

View attachment 604808
Not buying that this is the rooted version but would love to be proven wrong. Haven't seen this posted anywhere or really confirmed that it is.

Back