InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hope if they do a Gimli its near the back of the queue because Asmus' version is definitely good enough IMO to stand alongside the InArt figures.

Ideally after Legolas I'd like Boromir, Frodo and Sam. If InArt never make any LOTR figures after those I could live with that though I really do want them to make Merry, Pippin, Saruman and Lurtz. One can dream.

While Asmus Gimli is among their best ever done, Inart could up that not only by making a proper chain mail but many other aspects of the costume as well.

If Legolas comes along next in the following 1-2 years then Gimli is most likeky not that far behind.
Then the three hunters would be complete.

John from Inart said in an interview recently that they will do the most important main characters (LOTR and HP) but not everything obviously.

Asmus only made a run of 1500 of most of their figures if I remember right which led to people still searching and wanting to buy the better ones in Lotr forums.

While they're doing a perfect Nazgul, they may as well go for the Witch King as well !

View attachment 665084
I'm convinced the deluxe edition of Inart's Nazgul will include the pieces to make a Witch-King
Yeah I hope if they do a Gimli its near the back of the queue because Asmus' version is definitely good enough IMO to stand alongside the InArt figures.

Ideally after Legolas I'd like Boromir, Frodo and Sam. If InArt never make any LOTR figures after those I could live with that though I really do want them to make Merry, Pippin, Saruman and Lurtz. One can dream.
Lurtz!! Hell yes, Inart needs to make a Lurtz!

Honestly at this point I'm all in for the INART LOTR line:
After Gandalf and Aragorn the next logical lead character to make a figure of would be Frodo but as they haven't teased him yet I suspect it would be Legolas.

Very intrigued by the Nazgul figure, I wonder if they will include the Witch King exclusive accessories/weapons/armor pieces in the deluxe so you can display the figure as the WK or an ordinary Nazgul.

Boromir would be an instant buy.
Gimli would be tempting and I imagine I would cave and purchase it - but honestly Asmus' is probably the best figure they've done and would look great alongside Inart's offerings so many could just stick with him.
Hell, it would be tempting to do the entire Fellowship - but that would make for one expensive display and I imagine many collectors might not be tempted to pay full Inart prices for Pippin, Merry [and maybe even Sam], if they did the Hobbits as two-packs [Frodo/Sam] [Pippin/Merry] I think they would be more likely to sell.

The figures I feel INART would be able to do real justice to and showcase their strengths on would be Galadriel, Saruman, Elrond and Theoden.
It's not out of the realms of possibility to do the entire Fellowship. Especially if it's say 2 figures per year, that should be doable for most.

While Asmus Gimli is among their best ever done, Inart could up that not only by making a proper chain mail but many other aspects of the costume as well.

If Legolas comes along next in the following 1-2 years then Gimli is most likeky not that far behind.
Then the three hunters would be complete.

John from Inart said in an interview recently that they will do the most important main characters (LOTR and HP) but not everything obviously.

Asmus only made a run of 1500 of most of their figures if I remember right which led to people still searching and wanting to buy the better ones in Lotr forums.
Well, possibly.
I'm happy enough with my ASMUS Gimli.
Like with WETA the past few years, and even HT, I gotta ask myself some tough economic questions.
It seems like I'm seeing a move from companies into some pricey areas - the lifelike busts that cost thousands, upscale figs, and so on. I've spent a lot over the last 10 years on collectibles, but with price increases - when I start feeling uneasy in spite of the quality - for me it's time to rethink.

Happy enough... is NOT enough.

People were happy enough with Hasbro. Then people were happy enough with Sideshow. Now many people are still happy enough with Hot Toys. And some are just getting happy enough with InArt.

We always need better.
Better is nice...but sometimes is also nice to put $500 towards a trip, and not a new figure lol.

I may be happy enough with my Asmus Gimli, and an InArt take may certainly be much better someday, but I also know my wife puts up with my hobby well enough that I can sacrifice on that one and put the money towards a few nice dinners on a vacation.

I just saw on the news that GenXers have real problems when it comes to retirement savings -- the median Xer has $40K in retirement savings.

So, you may be right. Start saving that $500. You're gonna need it.
Yahoo reprinted some article that the human brain isn't wired to delay gratification so we are not wired to save money. So a lot of people are lousy savers.

But. I spent a lot of time in the InArt Joker thread, just trying to get a handle on InArt bodies and so on. So somebody mentioned a 6,000$ custom 1/6. Maybe it was just the head.

I'm too much of a peasant for that kind of money.

I just saw on the news that GenXers have real problems when it comes to retirement savings -- the median Xer has $40K in retirement savings.

So, you may be right. Start saving that $500. You're gonna need it.
Ha! You guys are saving for retirement?
As a younger millennial I have embraced the inevitability of climate change, world war, global destruction, the total collapse of capitalism, the rise of the machines, dog and cats living together, and the coming of Ragnarok.
These figures are my retirement.
When the dust settles - he with the best dollies shall control the fate of the world.

Last edited:
Those saying you'll be fine with the Asmus Gimli say this now until the InArt Gimli is announced and shown. Then Asmus Gimli for Sale. 😆
For what it's worth, I said that about the Asmus Gandalf the Grey. At the time, I was mad I spent $300 on something that had terrible eyes and a garbage hat, with a loose body to boot.

Outside of the chainmail, Gimli is actually a good figure. Weapons are very nicely made, rooting is great, sculpt looks like Gimli. Body is good and no issues with posing.

I love Middle Earth and I want as many characters on my shelf as possible. Yeah, the Asmus Galadriel and Faramir aren't going to look great near InArt's Aragorn and eventual Legolas, but I'm just going to have to be ok with someone like Gimli hanging out there when he's really not a bad figure for something that isn't InArt.

Point being - Gimli doesn't desperately need a new figure the way Boromir, Faramir, Theoden, Galadriel, and others do. I'll pick my battles here.

For what it's worth, I said that about the Asmus Gandalf the Grey. At the time, I was mad I spent $300 on something that had terrible eyes and a garbage hat, with a loose body to boot.

Outside of the chainmail, Gimli is actually a good figure. Weapons are very nicely made, rooting is great, sculpt looks like Gimli. Body is good and no issues with posing.

I love Middle Earth and I want as many characters on my shelf as possible. Yeah, the Asmus Galadriel and Faramir aren't going to look great near InArt's Aragorn and eventual Legolas, but I'm just going to have to be ok with someone like Gimli hanging out there when he's really not a bad figure for something that isn't InArt.

Point being - Gimli doesn't desperately need a new figure the way Boromir, Faramir, Theoden, Galadriel, and others do. I'll pick my battles here.
Funny I was just thinking how much I liked ASMUS Galdriel and Faramir, besides Gimli and Thorin...I've always thought ASMUS pulled off some amazing work while keeping the costs down e.g. in the 200-300$ range.

Which for me most of the time, is gonna be where I get off the bus. It's not that there isn't/will be spectacular figures, I'm sure. Whether I want to pay for them - well, no. Won't be the first time I've gotten off the bus, WETA is another company I pretty well gave up on $$$$ :horror

I agree that Gimli is the fellowship member least in urgent need of an upgrade, but it takes very little effort to identify that just about every aspect could be improved upon- besides the hair, which is fantastically well done.

Legolas makes most sense to do next. I shall watch with great interest to see if InArt can manage his tiny, intricate braids.

I shall watch with great interest ...

Palpatine_1.jpg

Back