InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it has to be a triple pack, I rather it be Arthur -> Bathroom -> Murray

I can do without the clown version, although the happy expression on that one is nice.

For the clown, I don't mind settling for a 3rd party or not displaying that look at all.

If it has to be a triple pack, I rather it be Arthur -> Bathroom -> Murray

I can do without the clown version, although the happy expression on that one is nice.
Same here, but if I could, I’d prefer a single red suit Joker with multiple sculpts with varying degrees of face paint or a two pack with just the bathroom scene figure and red suit. An Arthur or clown suit doesn’t do anything for me.

Same here, but if I could, I’d prefer a single red suit Joker with multiple sculpts with varying degrees of face paint or a two pack with just the bathroom scene figure and red suit. An Arthur or clown suit doesn’t do anything for me.
Red suit on it's own with extra parts would 100% be the ideal thing for this. I assume that's the case for 99% of the people who wants a Phoenix Joker.

Just a shame that the license requirements stops any company from doing so. There's going to be a lot of people buying the triple pack and parting out the clown/bathroom/arthur figure.

We would have even gotten a red suit Joker from Hot Toys by now if it wasn't for the license restrictions. They showed interest for the movie and it's trailers around the time the movie was coming out but then never showed anything from it.

Which is a shame because I’m not really blown away by the red suit figure and it would be the main selling point for me to get the set. The tailoring isn’t very good on the red suit which is rather shocking having first hand knowledge of the artist behind it.

I'm hoping the unveiling of civilian Arthur Fleck is an indication that InArt noticed the lukewarm reception of the white coat clown version, that when the Phoenix Jokers go up for preorder there will be options for different bundles - one all-in with all 4 jokers, perhaps two 3-pack bundles with or without Arthur Fleck or Clown versions, etc. It would be a very odd choice of Inart to have a 3 pack as revealed earlier, and then a single Arthur separetely on the side, not bundled in any way.
such an odd choice to me from the start. they could've played it really safe and showed off joker, arthur and bathroom and everyone would be happy but carnival is an odd choice. my guess was that it was easier to produce since it uses most of the clothes that bathroom had. its such a niche look, but i like that they put the effort in doing

in an ideal situation, carnival would be a bonus or extra instead of arthur for anyone who wants to "complete" the set even though carnival is not exactly a necessary look since he popped up for only like 4-5 minutes of the entire movie (granted the other looks didn't show up as much, but were very impactful scenes)

Do kids even collect or play with toys anymore? Not to generalize, but it seems like most prefer video games or using tablets. My nephew wanted Roblox virtual currency for Christmas.

not really and if they do its probably lego and funko pops, most kids or teens play video games or obsess over their public image online and clout chasing but granted im like almost 23 so im pretty much a fetus compared to some people here

I like to think InAt have taken the feedback onboard and either adapted the package they’ll be offering or added an All In set to encompass all the key looks.

There were a lot of calls on their socials for an Arthur figure in place of or in addition to the hospital scene.

However, there’s no way they can price Arthur alone for $1K, even with the corny diorama stairs, and I wouldn’t be particularly interested in having to buy him as a separate release from the trio set that’s been teased already anyway.
The stairs can work with the red suit look as well so, if Arthur and that diorama are thrown into an All In super premium deluxe deluxe set, and the price isn’t too obscene, I’ll go for it.

Worst case scenario is if they intend to make two deluxe $1K+ sets with Set A being Bathroom, Hospital Clown, & Murray Show Joker and Set B with Civilian Arthur, maybe the Stand Up or Apartment scene looks, and a red suit Joker from the finale with that blood smile.

That’d suck because, for me, the must-haves are Bathroom and Blood Smile.

the must-haves are Bathroom and Blood Smile.
Yea, the two standout scenes for me as well. I just don’t understand not including that sculpt if they’re going this far. The dios cheapens the entire “collectible” aspect to these figures. How many people will actually display these huge pieces?

If they fit in detolfs I would. I used the staircase diorama Hot Toys’ Mime Joker came with for my kitbashed Phoenix Joker for a while, and I love the jail cell their Ledger Joker came with - I just have to display him on the bottom shelf since it’s the only spot the cell fits.

The thing I really hate is when basic stands aren’t uniform, if there’s no diorama piece. All of Hot Toys’ wonky shapes and sizes they’ve done look awful next to each other. I just use generic black oval stands for them all.

That mime base is huge. I gave up on the dramatic bases and have gone the route of clear acrylic bases. They’re classy, uniform, and from a distance you can’t see them. I feel like the focal point should always be on the character as opposed to creating a scene, but that’s me. I’m also in the middle of transitioning from detolfs to moducase DF120s, so the less space a figure takes, the better. I plan on having everything well spaced apart as I feel crammed moducases kill the aesthetic.

Last edited:
The dioramas add extra depth to the collectible display. Its immediately noticeable.

Silicone gimmick from JND, nobody would guess its silicone.

I guess to each their own.

That mime base is huge. I gave up on the dramatic bases and have gone the route of clear acrylic bases. They’re classy, uniform, and from a distance you can’t see them. I feel like the focal point should always be on the character as opposed to creating a scene, but that’s me. I’m also in the middle of transitioning from detolfs to moducase DF120s, so the less space a figure takes, the better. I plan on having everything well spaced apart as I feel crammed moducases kill the aesthetic.

ive given up on dio bases, threw inart stands in a drawer. these are my go to bases now going forward for inart or magnet figures. the character should be the focus. everything else is clutter to me

theres one thing to have tasteful dios like gandalf, pattinson's stands and then there's full dios. most people cant comfortably put those type of stuff in their displays
1703670815381.png

likeness is good for bathroom and redsuit but that hairline lol joaquin wore a wig for his green hair, i find a lot of artists who root and people who sculpt joaquin give him his natural hairline and lots of these artists follow the hairline when his green hair in the movie wasn't this pronounced of a widow's peak

image-asset.jpeg
crop.png

618f3760f39b83e6dc017f52c4a48bbc.png
wp4244386.png

Even though I’d have no desire to display it at all, they really nailed the Carnival head.

It makes it hurt even more that, as of right now, the red suit figure doesn’t include any sort of laughing head. Ugh.

A diorama here or there isn’t too bad I suppose, I make an exception for a few 1:6 vehicles and both armories from TDK trilogy. However if you buy say 50 figures are you going to prefer using a diorama with the majority of them? How many InArt Joker boxes do you want to store away? I’m glad JND is focusing on the figure itself more than anything else, as that’s what we’re buying these things for. If what we’re seeing here is an all in deluxe version then you bet it’ll be bigger than the Ledger box.

Back