InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I use BBTS regularly with various stuff and their service and packaging is great,I'm truly surprised about that price as well. Usually they sell Hot Toys and other officially distributed merch for retail. Just ordered Alucard Nendoroid from them (Castlevania 1/6 when?)
I've used them on the occasion and they have always been great. Maybe that price point will change once they become an official distributor of InArt.

Maybe that price point will change once they become an official distributor of InArt.

Official retailer, yes. That would be fine. Official distributor, no. Having a retailer as an official distributor is another sideshow debacle. They'll compete with other retailers in the same region. Worse, the line will be locked up exclusively with them. Case in point - storm collectibles.

I don't know who is Threezero's distributor in the USA or how they do it but the prices here in the USA are comparable to the prices in the Asian market. I think that's the route Queen Studios/Inart should explore.

Popcultcha's 10% preorder discount has ended. Not sure when that happened though.

I know Sugo increased their price by a slight amount, a day or two after they originally put it up for preorder. Supposedly requested by Queen Studios, as it didn't quite meet their pricing guidelines.

And Popcultcha was even cheaper, so maybe they got the same feedback from Queen.

I'm guessing they import it at a much lower wholesale price, but they still need to sell it at the approximate MSRP.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20231013_161422_Samsung Internet.jpg

... lol

I can't work out that price no matter how many times I do the calcuation

InArt's set price is 2280 RMB, they do $310 on their site exclude shipping by today's USD/RMB rate 2280/7.3 = $312

Take into consideration that both RMB and AUD at historical low rate today, I have to add a few % to cover currency risk. Who knows what happen a year later, if RMB bounce back, it could raise 10% in just 2-3 months. Don't forget RMB isn't freely convertible currency, it folds within range because the government controlling it

Top up with paypal charges and shipping costs.. I can't work out the math really

Thanks for the clarification, I have no regrets ordering from you, I know my order is in good hands.

I can't work out that price no matter how many times I do the calcuation

InArt's set price is 2280 RMB, they do $310 on their site exclude shipping by today's USD/RMB rate 2280/7.3 = $312

Take into consideration that both RMB and AUD at historical low rate today, I have to add a few % to cover currency risk. Who knows what happen a year later, if RMB bounce back, it could raise 10% in just 2-3 months. Don't forget RMB isn't freely convertible currency, it folds within range because the government controlling it

Top up with paypal charges and shipping costs.. I can't work out the math really

Just curious, but given your purchasing numbers aren't you getting this wholesale? As I'm sure Popcultcha and Sugo must be, in order for their pricing to make sense.

Yes BBTS is charging way too much for this. But the funny thing is the Hot Toys Artisan DX Joker is $515. Then add in shipping and taxes, it comes out to about $570. We really didn't have any problem with that. I understand the rooted Inart Joker was a lot more, but that came with 2 figures and a diorama?

Just curious, but given your purchasing numbers aren't you getting this wholesale? As I'm sure Popcultcha and Sugo must be, in order for their pricing to make sense.
Yes we are getting wholesale of course

Queen studio price it at $310 according to today's currency rate excludes all transaction costs because its their own product

I always do my own calculation for pricing, of coz we include discounts for preorder but if you price it too far from the SRP, brands reserve the right to cut your order without notification.

I am just trying to explain that even with the wholesale discount, the math doesn't work for me, we can never reach that price point

Yes we are getting wholesale of course

Queen studio price it at $310 according to today's currency rate excludes all transaction costs because its their own product

I always do my own calculation for pricing, of coz we include discounts for preorder but if you price it too far from the SRP, brands reserve the right to cut your order without notification.

I am just trying to explain that even with the wholesale discount, the math doesn't work for me, we can never reach that price point

Well, I heard that Queen got in contact with Sugo, but that only had them increase it by like $5, as I guess they were borderline.

And Popcultcha has nearly always had 10% discounts on preorders. But I've never seen them lift it so quickly, especially recently; so I'm guessing Queen got in contact with them too. Wouldn't be surprised if Sugo complained, given that they were advised to lift their prices a week prior to Popcultcha even listing it for preorder.

For Popcultcha's preorder discounts, years ago, they lasted at least a full 3 weeks, but recently its lasted until they arrive in stock. On many occasions this has made items such as Sideshow premium formats even cheaper than Sideshows retail pricing, and that's even before you factor shipping costs from Sideshow, which are free from Popcultcha for domestic shipping.

Well, I heard that Queen got in contact with Sugo, but that only had them increase it by like $5, as I guess they were borderline.

And Popcultcha has nearly always had 10% discounts on preorders. But I've never seen them lift it so quickly, especially recently; so I'm guessing Queen got in contact with them too. Wouldn't be surprised if Sugo complained, given that they were advised to lift their prices a week prior to Popcultcha even listing it for preorder.

For Popcultcha's preorder discounts, years ago, they lasted at least a full 3 weeks, but recently its lasted until they arrive in stock. On many occasions this has made items such as Sideshow premium formats even cheaper than Sideshows retail pricing, and that's even before you factor shipping costs from Sideshow, which are free from Popcultcha for domestic shipping.
Not sure if they have a good deal with InArt

Wholesale discounts in China is pretty transparent, basically its 10% off SRP, you will get a few % extra if you hit certain volume

So if we sell it at $310 same as InArt, paypal takes 5%, then we have 5% that could be absorbed by currency rate next year

Not sure if they have a good deal with InArt

Wholesale discounts in China is pretty transparent, basically its 10% off SRP, you will get a few % extra if you hit certain volume

So if we sell it at $310 same as InArt, paypal takes 5%, then we have 5% that could be absorbed by currency rate next year
No worries Kit. Your prices make sense. The currency rate is a great point too. Those constantly are changing and you never know how that will look 2 years later when the figures are finally released.

On top of that, you include shipping and you also need to include some increase so you are able to make a profit. Otherwise what's the point for you to carry any of this stuff for us? You are also reliable, fast, interactive with top notch communication, and great reputation to back it all up!

No worries Kit. Your prices make sense. The currency rate is a great point too. Those constantly are changing and you never know how that will look 2 years later when the figures are finally released.

On top of that, you include shipping and you also need to include some increase so you are able to make a profit. Otherwise what's the point for you to carry any of this stuff for us? You are also reliable, fast, interactive with top notch communication, and great reputation to back it all up!
Well said brother ❤️ But Kit, give me that Stripe/Debit Card optionnnnnnnn!!! 😂🤭

I don’t believe Popcultcha do that preorder discount anymore. At least not for HT.

I don’t believe Popcultcha do that preorder discount anymore. At least not for HT.

I'm not sure why you're saying that, but Popcultcha always do the preorder discount for Hot Toys. Up to and including the new Wanda and young Barry figures that were just put up for preorder.

Back