InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's Monday over there but early early lol. shouldn't be long until it starts to go up places

What about the standard Joker then? More detailed outfit, a lot of accessories and it was under $300. I feel like people are making themselves into fanboys with InArt and are just willing to pay whatever the price is because of the brand.
And yet Joker only came with only 1 sculpt unless if you went up to the $650 tier to get two figures. It's not as if they gave this figure less time and attention then they would any other figure that they've worked on, only that they've since improved from doing Joker, which was 1.5 years ago. Figure prices across the board has gone up, with the minimum pricing being $275 now from Hot Toys for your most basic of figures with nothing included.

I think regardless of the figure, they're pricing structure will be around the $350-$550 mark. Just look at Harry Potter. The figure is like 3 inches shorter than your average figure but they're not gonna knock off $100 because of it. If anything, they try to include as much as they can to be within their pricing bracket.

And yet Joker only came with only 1 sculpt unless if you went up to the $650 tier to get two figures. It's not as if they gave this figure less time and attention then they would any other figure that they've worked on, only that they've since improved from doing Joker, which was 1.5 years ago. Figure prices across the board has gone up, with the minimum pricing being $275 now from Hot Toys for your most basic of figures with nothing included.

I think regardless of the figure, they're pricing structure will be around the $350-$550 mark. Just look at Harry Potter. The figure is like 3 inches shorter than your average figure but they're not gonna knock off $100 because of it. If anything, they try to include as much as they can to be within their pricing bracket.
I mean so what? The fact that Joker only had one sculpt was made up for by it having a bunch of accessories. Plus a lower price point made it an easier sell.

Harry Potter comes with quite a bit and the outfit has more going on. I had no problem getting the premium version of that one. Largely because it’ll be a gift for my wife too since she’s more of a fan but I’ll enjoy it as well.

What about the standard Joker then? More detailed outfit, a lot of accessories and it was under $300. I feel like people are making themselves into fanboys with InArt and are just willing to pay whatever the price is because of the brand.
Probably because InArt knows HT may not release another Superman soon so theyre going to milk it.
HT just finished their ZSJL run. There is no other reason to release a Superman.
InArt is going to capitalize on this opportunity and charge the price theyre charging..

Last I checked, InArt is a for-profit business so I am not sure what youre insinuating about "fanboys" here.

Theres usually a business reason for these pricing and you dont have to put on your tribal hat and argue based on that.

I mean so what? The fact that Joker only had one sculpt was made up for by it having a bunch of accessories. Plus a lower price point made it an easier sell.

Harry Potter comes with quite a bit and the outfit has more going on. I had no problem getting the premium version of that one. Largely because it’ll be a gift for my wife too since she’s more of a fan but I’ll enjoy it as well.
The basic Joker figure didn't even have a lot going on though. Going from almost $300 to $325 from what Joker had to this figure almost 2 years later isn't that big of a stretch with the inclusion of the second sculpt. Again, they're not gonna view it as "Joker comes with an extra pair of underwear and shirt, let's price him $25 more/less." Like I said, I think they're working within a pricing bracket regardless if a figure has one less shirt or jacket or if it's 2 inches shorter than the other. Whether you like that or not is fine with me, it's just how I think they're working based on their overall pricing structure so far.

The same way a One Piece $275 figure from Hot Toys will be priced the same as a $275 Star Wars figure. They're not comparing the outfits and saying "Oh let's price this one figure slightly cheaper because his outfit is slightly less complex." Licensing also plays a part into how these are priced. Who knows how that works behind the scenes.

bbdd13ab3d2bc0d11a801fb6c47269c6.jpg

vIsjRyl.png

I'm not feeling this like I want to. If you compare this to aragorn they are not on the same level
Yeah I'm sure I'll get this because it's Cavill Superman and a big improvement over the HT... but I'm still not feeling as wowed as I want to be.

But that may just be because I've never cared for the BVS suit compared to the MOS.

I don't even care for Snyder's DC stuff and I'm impressed. Completely eliminates that weird and awkward toy feeling I got whenever I saw Hot Toys version. Like their other figures, I feel like I'm looking at a 1/3 scale Prime 1 statue.

What they can still improve on is the metallic shine on the suit. You can see the silver underlining coming through but the overall fabric needs to change to a more spandex shiny like material if they want it to better match. Incredible stuff all around though. Eager to see how they handle Affleck Batman the most.

F97tzcd.png

5iNwlO1.png
Ea6sI5h.png

View attachment 664601

Some suit details that need adjusting, beyond the colour and shine...

- The piping should go into the armpit
- The raised detail on the collar piping is too narrow
- Glyphs on the arms are too low
Somone should direct these to InArt facebook or IG. These are valuable feedback

Ok no joke…my man Jorje got FIVE buzztoys geralt…

How many supes you getting my dude??

Legit, I’m gonna get 3. Amazing price IMO.
Plan to get 4 :monkey3 :monkey1 :bunnydanc to display both sculpts,make one black and keep one virgin in case something happens to other three. I'm sure HT gonna answer to InArt with Man of Steel version lol so we gonna need coin for that as well:bunnydanc:monkey1:monkey3 There is no tomorrow

If I’m not mistaken, I think it means you can get it DIRECTLY from IA.
Yes but my contract stipulates I can only buy from Popcultcha when said product is available at said website.
Double LOL.

Wait. WAIT.

What’s that white dot? That’s not screen accurate! And what’s that white circle??? OMG. OMG. Complete fail Inart lol.

IMG_9338.jpeg

Yes but my contract stipulates I can only buy from Popcultcha when said product is available at said website.
Double LOL.

Wait. WAIT.

What’s that white dot? That’s not screen accurate! And what’s that white circle??? OMG. OMG. Complete fail Inart lol.

View attachment 664613
Honestly I'm kinda disappointed how dusty the figure looks on the images lol especially on closeups you can see dust on the hair. They need to make a better stock images, but bare minimum they are doing with images is kinda iconic lol I'm sure in person we gonna be blown away

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed how dusty the figure looks on the images lol especially on closeups you can see dust on the hair. They need to make a better stock images, but bare minimum they are doing with images is kinda iconic lol I'm sure in person we gonna be blown away
Yeah, sometimes I look at my own macro photos and I’m shocked at how much dust, lint etc is all over them. And I’m pretty fastidious about cleaning them. Yet another challenge of our beloved hobby. This dude knew what he was doing …

IMG_9341.jpeg

Well up to a point I guess :)

Food on the table can wait.. I’m not the biggest Cavill Superman fan but this would look amazing on the shelf. Instant day one preorder.

How much yall think this will be? I really hope $350 since it’s not rooted.

Food on the table can wait.. I’m not the biggest Cavill Superman fan but this would look amazing on the shelf. Instant day one preorder.

How much yall think this will be? I really hope $350 since it’s not rooted.
Someone already listed him for 325$ in Asia so + shipping probably 350$ ( Idk if the shipping is included in 325$ offer)

Back