InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X-Men Apocalypse got 65, Black Adam got 88, Love and Thunder got 77, Eternals got 77, Shang Chi got......98?!?!?!

Referencing RT as if I it holds any significance is not good.
1. I wasn't the one who brought it up.

2. RT, Metacritic, Cinemascores are the only "objective" consensus of how a movie performed among a wide range of audiences. You don't have to agree with the score and you may dislike or like a movie way more than the score indicates, but it is a good measure of what the average person thinks of a movie.

I dislike the Snyder movies not because they have bad scores on RT, but because I think they are bad movies. I only use RT as evidence to show that many hold the same opinion.

I never said it was.

7.2/10 on IMDb and 4.5/5 on Amazon are.
7.2 for a niche cut that has literally 1/10 of the reviews as the original cut is an obvious case of sample bias. Anyone who actually willingly bought the DVD was already a fan and would be inclined to give it a higher rating.

Also, bringing up Amazon reviews is a joke right? Daredevil has a 4.5 on Amazon, the original Justice League has a 4.5, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine has a 4.6.

Are you saying that your beloved BvS Ultimate Cut is on par with the cinematic achievements of Daredevil and the "ruined" Justice League and even worse than Wolverine?

Last edited:
1. I wasn't the one who brought it up.

2. RT, Metacritic, Cinemascores are the only "objective" consensus of how a movie performed among a wide range of audiences. You don't have to agree with the score and you may dislike or like a movie way more than the score indicates, but it is a good measure of what the average person thinks of a movie.

I dislike the Snyder movies not because they have bad scores on RT, but because I think they are bad movies. I only use RT as evidence to show that many hold the same opinion.
Cinemascores, yes that is a good way to get an objective consensus at the time of how good a movie is with audiences.

Metacritic and RT critic scores are not. They are both based on critic scores. Normally way less than 500 critics for RT. Metacritic has less than 100 critics per movie.

The Cinemascore for BvS is for the cut theatrical release.

7.2 for a niche cut that has literally 1/10 of the reviews as the original cut is an obvious case of sample bias. Anyone who actually willingly bought the DVD was already a fan and would be inclined to give it a higher rating.

Also, bringing up Amazon reviews is a joke right? Daredevil has a 4.5 on Amazon, the original Justice League has a 4.5, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine has a 4.6.

Are you saying that your beloved BvS Ultimate Cut is on par with the cinematic achievements of Daredevil and the "ruined" Justice League and even worse than Wolverine?
The original director's cut. You don't think haters haven't dogpiled on the reviews there too? If it's just fans why are there 1,700 1/10 scores on there?

You were just toting how important RT and Metacritic scores are and yet they are less than 1% of the people rating it on IMDb

I'm saying of the reviews that exist of the director's cut, they are positive. If you can provide info that says the opposite I'm all ears.

Cinemascores, yes that is a good way to get an objective consensus at the time of how good a movie is with audiences.

Metacritic and RT critic scores are not. They are both based on critic scores. Normally way less than 500 critics for RT. Metacritic has less than 100 critics per movie.

The Cinemascore for BvS is for the cut theatrical release.
I was referring to both the critic and user submitted reviews on IMDb, metacritic, and RT. BOTH are valuable data points to objectively interpret how a movie performed in the eyes of the general public.

Secondly, Snyder not being able to make a coherent movie acceptable to the mass audiences in 150 mins is a him problem. The UE more of the same and I'm very dubious that releasing a 3 hour movie with the same themes and dour characterization would've done anything except have it make even less money.

The original director's cut. You don't think haters haven't dogpiled on the reviews there too? If it's just fans why are there 1,700 1/10 scores on there?

You were just toting how important RT and Metacritic scores are and yet they are less than 1% of the people rating it on IMDb

I'm saying of the reviews that exist of the director's cut, they are positive. If you can provide info that says the opposite I'm all ears.
Sure, there might be haters, but the vast majority of those reviews are going to be people who have a vested interest to pump up numbers or they were biases enough to give it good reviews. Regular people mildly liked or disliked the movie have moved on, they're not gonna revisit a directors cut that's been released a year later to give it a review. That's just common sense and this is a phenomenon that has been observed on these platforms for television shows as well.

I was referring to both the critic and user submitted reviews on IMDb, metacritic, and RT. BOTH are valuable data points to objectively interpret how a movie performed in the eyes of the general public.

Secondly, Snyder not being able to make a coherent movie acceptable to the mass audiences in 150 mins is a him problem. The UE more of the same and I'm very dubious that releasing a 3 hour movie with the same themes and dour characterization would've done anything except have it make even less money.

Sure, there might be haters, but the vast majority of those reviews are going to be people who have a vested interest to pump up numbers or they were biases enough to give it good reviews. Regular people mildly liked or disliked the movie have moved on, they're not gonna revisit a directors cut that's been released a year later to give it a review. That's just common sense and this is a phenomenon that has been observed on these platforms for television shows as well.
In most cases, the majority is positive and above average as I said earlier.

I disagree but there we go.

So any reviews of a movie that are not from the date it was released or another cut don't mean anything?

63% Audience score on RT is not good.

I do get your contention that Snyder makes “bad” films, although obviously I disagree (which is a whole other discussion). But just to clarify my point was given that BvS is a deconstruction… which, again, right out of the gate was an unexpected shock to the psyche for most fans/critics, and almost assuredly not what at least 1 out of every 3 of them wanted much less could tolerate psychologically… which had a half hour lopped out of it for theater release… that for 2 out of every 3 fans to LIKE the film is actually to my mind pretty damn impressive. So we have each given the 63% radically different contexts, but I don’t think what I’m asserting is wrong, even though many will of course disagree.

Not sure about the Knightmare as of now bro, but we are indeed getting Armored Bats. That too a Diecast 😍 and I was also implying to HT versions in my previous post. Yes, they are also developing brand new BVS and JL Batflecks to compete with IA since last year. One of them will be revealed this year. And those will not be the same sculpts like the usual re-releases or 2.0s. Great time to be a Batfleck fan!
Wow is this information true? where does it come from?

Not sure about the Knightmare as of now bro, but we are indeed getting Armored Bats. That too a Diecast 😍 and I was also implying to HT versions in my previous post. Yes, they are also developing brand new BVS and JL Batflecks to compete with IA since last year. One of them will be revealed this year. And those will not be the same sculpts like the usual re-releases or 2.0s. Great time to be a Batfleck fan!
where? what? when? why? how?

Are you talking about Hot Toys or INART?

Source for all this intel?
bob-odenkirk-saul-goodman.gif

Idk. Sounds like this guy is full of sht but I like what I'm hearing though.

Ive never been so conflicted in my collecting life
Ha! Agreed!

If it is true, though, I'd love another chance at Armored Batman whoever it's from. Don't need the diecast, but if the body is properly engineered to support it, and they include better mouthpieces, I'd be down for it.

Last edited:
How about a 1/4 BVS Bats, though?

Back