InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought that Hot Toys were capable of doing incredibly realistic portraits but always being told by licensors to tone down or de-age or to beautify before releasing them.

I used to follow JC Hong and his test paintings on prototype portraits were phenomenal, even thinking back to Suicide Squad Joker (Leto), the paint and texture detailing was fantastic, which still translated pretty well to the mass market.

But then so many releases lost the sharpness, accuracy, or details - so my assumption was actors or the companies licensing them were interfering.

Now portraits like Anakin and this Joker coming out (Joker obviously being a custom), and it goes to show that actually no, what with other studios and custom artists, the ability to produce greatly detailed and accurate sculpts was neither due to technological inability or licensing issues (although I'm sure some portraits were affected by this one). Nope, turns out Hot Toys just didn't really care that much or, in addition to, couldn't due to artistic skill.

Happy that new artists are emerging who can do better.
I'd say Hot Toys have probably lost quite a lot of good sculptors and painters over the year, hence the variable sculpt and paint accuracy over the years.

Custom artists have been working with HT for years now.
Yup. But I mean those artists this time who have already been doing some great custom work all over social media on these characters. Be it the sculpts or clothing

Anyone got a pic or know what accessories come with this InArt Superman ??

I think I recall reading simply hands and possibly the Kryponite spear. But is that true ? Anything else ?

Were they shown in front of the figure at this recent con ?
Batfleck empty cowl (Knightmare version) and a kryptonite grenade was displayed as well

I always thought that Hot Toys were capable of doing incredibly realistic portraits but always being told by licensors to tone down or de-age or to beautify before releasing them.

I used to follow JC Hong and his test paintings on prototype portraits were phenomenal, even thinking back to Suicide Squad Joker (Leto), the paint and texture detailing was fantastic, which still translated pretty well to the mass market.

But then so many releases lost the sharpness, accuracy, or details - so my assumption was actors or the companies licensing them were interfering.

Now portraits like Anakin and this Joker coming out (Joker obviously being a custom), and it goes to show that actually no, what with other studios and custom artists, the ability to produce greatly detailed and accurate sculpts was neither due to technological inability or licensing issues (although I'm sure some portraits were affected by this one). Nope, turns out Hot Toys just didn't really care that much or, in addition to, couldn't due to artistic skill.

Well said bro

i believe you bro. if it is true they are doing diecast armored, i am screwed

e50.gif
So am I bro. Spent so much on the customs already 🤣😅 and thanks :)

I'd say Hot Toys have probably lost quite a lot of good sculptors and painters over the year, hence the variable sculpt and paint accuracy over the years.
I never get how they are doing the eyes of every figure since couple of years

Batfleck empty cowl (Knightmare version) and a kryptonite grenade was displayed as well
So spear as well. That would be really cool. Need to search more for a pic. All photos are either waist up or just the figure. No accessories.
Need a video.

I agree with some of this. But there is truth to what you're saying, though: there is talent/license interference at times. JC Hong even outright admitted that happened with the ROTS Kenobi.

Obviously that doesn't excuse some of those wacky production runs like Black Panther. But nevertheless I don't think it's always a case of not using their A+ Yondu production lines.

Cool. Can just see the spear there as well. Seems they didn't really have the accessories directly in front of the figure. In any case some nice stuff.

I was thinking I should really get a third party Kryptonite spear, but no need now !

Cool. Can just see the spear there as well. Seems they didn't really have the accessories directly in front of the figure. In any case some nice stuff.

I was thinking I should really get a third party Kryptonite spear, but no need now !
Yes!! And that's so cool of them to include those Polaroids from "Where is she??" scene.

God, he looks pretty fantastic.
You can see a bit more of the muscle definition and suit-reflectiveness in these videos.
1691150560887.png

1691150625963.png

It could be enhanced a bit but I think the effect is there, it's just the lighting that's letting it down.

Even the hair is sculpted so well that I'm not remotely compelled to want a rooted version.

Loving the proportions also. He looks so natural. A slightly broader chest would probably make it perfect.
Either way, this is a guaranteed day one PO. That video may have also convinced me to get Paul purely based on the quality.

Does anyone know how around much this will cost? I got a really good deal on a man of steel hot toys one for $160. I know inart will be superior but price is also important… thinking of getting the hot toys one and swapping the head for something a little better like a custom sculpt eventually.

Back