InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk. Sounds like this guy is full of sht but I like what I'm hearing though.

Ive never been so conflicted in my collecting life
If you think I'm talking **** you can simply disregard all of this. But whatever happens, we both are and will be here my friend 🙂

Well... cats out of the bag. I have indeed handled the suit, and can confirm it's in production.

May as well let you all know that Batman Begins Falafel Man is in Research and Development stage also.

iu8n3idp3h621.jpg

We will be having some good conversation when all of the 3 mentioned figures are revealed. HT BVS reg. HT JL reg and IA BVS Diecast Armored. Thanks
Personally don't care at Hot Toys taking yet ANOTHER stab at these three. Unless if they hired Zhao to do the cowl for them, in which case it might look really nice. Will see what they both do. More options means better for us in the end.

Personally don't care at Hot Toys taking yet ANOTHER stab at these three. Unless if they hired Zhao to do the cowl for them, in which case it might look really nice. Will see what they both do. More options means better for us in the end.
HT only doing 2. And no Zhao's headsculpts had the back of the head being too big and inaccurate.

Thanks to @T8OO inquiring about the MoS custom I did years ago, I found this pic of that old figure that I would say pretty much perfectly illustrates how I hope InArt fixes their suit to have more of the silver underbody shine through than what they have now.

1691097344815.jpeg

PS. There are no fancy lighting tricks to get it to look like this either. This is natural light from a high window coming through and hitting the suit/body.

Last edited:
HT are also asking custom artists now to do some of their work. The new Joker and these 2 figures included. And doing the same figures (2.0s or whatever) only to compete with IA.
Custom artists have been working with HT for years now.

Something has clearly happened when they start getting Facial Modellers at DNeg to do head sculpts.

Anyone got a pic or know what accessories come with this InArt Superman ??

I think I recall reading simply hands and possibly the Kryponite spear. But is that true ? Anything else ?

Were they shown in front of the figure at this recent con ?

In most cases, the majority is positive and above average as I said earlier.

I disagree but there we go.

So any reviews of a movie that are not from the date it was released or another cut don't mean anything?
It could mean something, but in this case it really doesn't. The biggest issues that most people had with the movie weren't addressed by the extra 30 mins.

I always thought that Hot Toys were capable of doing incredibly realistic portraits but always being told by licensors to tone down or de-age or to beautify before releasing them.

I used to follow JC Hong and his test paintings on prototype portraits were phenomenal, even thinking back to Suicide Squad Joker (Leto), the paint and texture detailing was fantastic, which still translated pretty well to the mass market.

But then so many releases lost the sharpness, accuracy, or details - so my assumption was actors or the companies licensing them were interfering.

Now portraits like Anakin and this Joker coming out (Joker obviously being a custom), and it goes to show that actually no, what with other studios and custom artists, the ability to produce greatly detailed and accurate sculpts was neither due to technological inability or licensing issues (although I'm sure some portraits were affected by this one). Nope, turns out Hot Toys just didn't really care that much or, in addition to, couldn't due to artistic skill.

Happy that new artists are emerging who can do better.

Back