InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4428dd60e43d2815c6114ce21e2d6205.jpg

They look nothing alike...

I don't understand why some people are so quick with the "they look nothing alike". Cover up his eyes with your middle finger and you'll see they nailed the rest of his features.

If they manage to improve his eyes and maybe lengthen a bit the shape of his head, they'll have a great portrait.

I don’t think it looks bad, but definitely very “toyish” compared to their other releases.

I like it but don't love it.

Yeah they could tweak the sculpt a bit but honestly it looks pretty good to me. I think what puts me off most is BvS had (IMO) the worst hairstyle for Cavill's Superman and that's captured here.

On the plus side I prefer the blue here to the blue in the film. Feels like a nice middle ground between BvS and JL.

I have to say also I’m kind of getting over InArt retreading figures we’ve seen from Hot Toys. Stuff from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are interesting to me as they haven’t been done to death. Another Cavill Superman or Affleck Batman amongst other characters aren’t really that interesting to me

I think the suit colors and chrome undersuit reflections are going to be really hard to judge with just the one teaser pic. Lighting has so much to do with it. These two shots of the same body on a modded HT fig show just how much that chrome comes through, or vanishes all together depending on the light. The same could be said for likeness. I'm going to wait for the full reveal before making up my mind on it.

View attachment 650959
I wish Inart can pull off what you did with that

I think it looks pretty damn close myself, maybe 95% there. His features just look a little too softened and aren't as sharp and defined as they should be.

Unfortunately I've just never liked his look in BVS with that super slicked-back hair (which made his head look really square), so not sure if I'll care enough about it to replace my HT figure.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference with the above pic either, maybe just goes to show how close they've got it already 🤔

Back