InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

No doubt there will be updates to this sculpt. Whether they will be good or bad updates, time will tell..ahem Battinson ahem.. lol
So far, not good enough for me to consider selling my HT Cavill Supermen. The emblem's definitely undersized as well.
4uC7gUw.jpg

This head reminds me of the OSK head but with better paint. Inart is good at feedback so there’s plenty of time to improve on it. I’m just hoping a BVS Batman is not too far behind.

both my hot toys BVS Batman and Superman are showing their age, with my Superman having 2 broken ankles (my fault for pushing them too far, and the sadly normal collar discolor problem, and Batman’s suit is starting to fall apart (from extreme posing over the years).

This head reminds me of the OSK head but with better paint. Inart is good at feedback so there’s plenty of time to improve on it. I’m just hoping a BVS Batman is not too far behind.

both my hot toys BVS Batman and Superman are showing their age, with my Superman having 2 broken ankles (my fault for pushing them too far, and the sadly normal collar discolor problem, and Batman’s suit is starting to fall apart (from extreme posing over the years).

Tell me. Do you have broken ankles?………You will.

My take in a nutshell: It’s a very good start but it’s not there yet. The head sculpt is still a bit off, chest insignia looks a smidge too small, and the shininess of the suit is missing.

Oooof! Man, this is not good. Not for IA at least. Maybe it's my fault for setting my hopes too high. I'll give them a pass for now as it's just a preview but there are a lot of things wrong with this.
I was expecting something amazing for Superman. This is really not much better than the OSK head. I'm not saying this looks bad, but it is not a big improvement over HT's work, and considering MoS Superman is 10 years old at this point... The suit fabric looks nice. I will give it that.

Whelmed is the correct reaction to this figure.

Looks good so far can't wait for the full reveal and I'm sure it will be improved before release. This will be the second figure I don't mind being sculpted hair.

Some people make it sound like the very first photo of a WIP prototype will be the final product...

Panties in a bunch
And yet if it was Hot Toys everyone would be on board with hating it and no one would bat an eye at that claim because it’s the cool thing to hate on them. InArt though are to be trusted fully. After all they’ve released one figure.

Decent starting point for that Cavill, I would say a sharper face, slightly more furrowed brow, and maybe some forehead lines would help tons.

I will be holding out any further judgment until this thing goes on preorder. Lets not forget what Aragorn looked like just a couple months before he was officially solicited:
1689999855482.png

Back