InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody tweaked the eyes. Much better.

363374950_6432091510201189_662601561310258803_n.jpg
That edit is perfectly done. Subtle enough yet a very obvious improvement. Hope InArt sees this!

That pic is a behind the scenes shot from Man Of Steel. It's not a big secret or anything. They designed metallic muscle suits for all Cavil's appearances as Superman from Man of Steel forward. It's pretty common knowledge seen on all the making of clips from BvS and MoS. The "glean" is from that under suit underneath the mesh top. JL just made yet another muscle suit (though they used mirror chrome instead of the prior polish steal finishes) But believe what you want.

View attachment 652597

View attachment 652598
Jesus, I'm only going by what I watched i.e behind the scenes clips for BvS and JL movies this morning. And I'm only going by what the suit maker said.

There was no mention of a silver undersuit for BvS. But there was for JL. So that's what I believe explains why there is not so much sheen for BvS vs JL.

I understand exactly how it works.

But believe whatever you want.

Jesus, I'm only going by what I watched i.e behind the scenes clips for BvS and JL movies this morning. And I'm only going by what the suit maker said.

There was no mention of a silver undersuit for BvS. But there was for JL. So that's what I believe explains why there is not so much sheen for BvS vs JL.

Man if you can't plainly see the silver muscle suit under his BvS suit, then I don't know what to tell ya. You think those are purely Cavill's muscles? I'm not attacking you man, I'm just pointing out that your claim that he wore no silver muscle suit in BvS because you didn't see it in the behind the scenes is wrong.

bf10d96166cfb0a1bcc45675df2579ef.jpg

IMG_9925.gif

Last edited:

There is a chrome silver muscle suit for BvS. I've seen it in person. They changed the design/shape of the actual muscles and went for full mirror chrome in JL vs chrome silver that was in MoS and JL. The reason being is Snyder's intent was to always change the color of the suit to black in post (as he did for ZSJL) and the previous chrome silver wasn't reflecting enough light which made the color change that much more difficult. The suit was coming out as too black with the previous silver chrome so they went full mirror chrome to still have the reflective quality of the muscles we saw in MoS and BvS. That's the difference between the two. Don't believe everything that costume designer says as he also took credit for the BvS costumes when it was actually Ironhead studios who created them, particularly the achievement of a Batman cowl that could turn the head while still being made of one piece instead of split into two. Ironhead didn't come back for JL as the studio never credited them for their work on BvS. So, Michael Wilkinson was tasked with trying to recreate the work that Ironhead did on BvS when it came to JL.

EDIT : I do believe Michael Wilkinson was at least responsible for the Superman suit design in MoS and obviously partly JL, but not sure about BvS. Also, while he’s credited as the designer, there’s usually someone else who’s actually making the suit, putting materials together, etc. Sort of like in the architecture field where we have a principal architect who does the hand drawings that wow that clients and then the project architects who actually make it work and put it into the computer with real world dimensions etc.

Last edited:
Silver underneath bodysuit is under every costume, even in MOS. They just change suit fabric. JL fabric was thinner bc Zack wanted a black suit and black color needed some definition so silver is more obvious. Silver effect if the last thing I care about, I'll still get him no matter what,but if they'll improve the regular sculpt and make him slightly thicker I'll be happier. :monkey3

Silver underneath bodysuit is under every costume, even in MOS. They just change suit fabric. JL fabric was thinner bc Zack wanted a black suit and black color needed some definition so silver is more obvious. Silver effect if the last thing I care about, I'll still get him no matter what,but if they'll improve the regular sculpt and make him slightly thicker I'll be happier. :monkey3
I agree, he needs to be a little more muscular, or the muscle that's there needs more definition. A tighter suit maybe?

There is a chrome silver muscle suit for BvS. I've seen it in person. They changed the design/shape of the actual muscles and went for full mirror chrome in JL vs chrome silver that was in MoS and JL. The reason being is Snyder's intent was to always change the color of the suit to black in post (as he did for ZSJL) and the previous chrome silver wasn't reflecting enough light which made the color change that much more difficult. The suit was coming out as too black with the previous silver chrome so they went full mirror chrome to still have the reflective quality of the muscles we saw in MoS and BvS. That's the difference between the two. Don't believe everything that costume designer says as he also took credit for the BvS costumes when it was actually Ironhead studios who created them, particularly the achievement of a Batman cowl that could turn the head while still being made of one piece instead of split into two. Ironhead didn't come back for JL as the studio never credited them for their work on BvS. So, Michael Wilkinson was tasked with trying to recreate the work that Ironhead did on BvS when it came to JL.

Ohhhhh…is that why the neck of the bat cowl in JL looked stiff when compared to BVS?? I was like why is batfleck doing the Keaton turn? He was able to turn his head in BVS.

Also; ironhead not returning for JL wasn’t the reason for the cowls redesign right? I can’t imagine a scenario where ironhead copyrighted their design…we do see it used again for the reshoots/knightmare scenes in ZSJL.

I agree, he needs to be a little more muscular, or the muscle that's there needs more definition. A tighter suit maybe?
Yes while overall body shape looks great it needs to be slightly larger with more defined muscles. I'm sure they'll improve these small things, they always do. If he isn't improved by the time he's up for PO we need to leave polite comments on their promotional images/posts. We haven't seen the figure from many angles so we should wait.

Ohhhhh…is that why the neck of the bat cowl in JL looked stiff when compared to BVS?? I was like why is batfleck doing the Keaton turn? He was able to turn his head in BVS.

Also; ironhead not returning for JL wasn’t the reason for the cowls redesign right? I can’t imagine a scenario where ironhead copyrighted their design…we do see it used again for the reshoots/knightmare scenes in ZSJL.
yes and yes. The cowl used in the reshoots for the Knightmare scenes in ZSJL is actually a replica made by a guy who acquired a screen used cowl and replicated the process for cosplay purposes for himself and to sell custom made to order suits for customers as far as I'm aware. If I remember correctly, they (Snyder and Co.) contacted him for a cowl to use as the ones they had were already falling apart and unusable.

EDIT: also, while the design of batman itself is not owned by Ironhead, I'm sure that the processes they used to physically create the cowls to be able to achieve the moveable head as a single piece cowl is proprietary to them.

Last edited:
yes and yes. The cowl used in the reshoots for the Knightmare scenes in ZSJL is actually a replica made by a guy who acquired a screen used cowl and replicated the process for cosplay purposes for himself and to sell custom made to order suits for customers as far as I'm aware. If I remember correctly, they (Snyder and Co.) contacted him for a cowl to use as the ones they had were already falling apart and unusable.

Fascinating! Thanks for the insight man! Where did you learn all of this from if you don’t mind me asking? Is there a documentary somewhere?

Fascinating! Thanks for the insight man! Where did you learn all of this from if you don’t mind me asking? Is there a documentary somewhere?
Honestly someone mentioned it here on the board sometime ago as I too thought the Michael Wilkinson designer was responsible for it all. So, then I just went on an internet rabbit hole trying to find info on all this. And I watched/read so much leading up to and after ZSJL came out that I can't pinpoint where it all came from but I know Zack specifically mentioned the Knightmare cowl situation in one of his interviews.

Here's a video from 2016 where the head of Ironhead mentions that he didn't get credit for BvS:

Honestly someone mentioned it here on the board sometime ago as I too thought the Michael Wilkinson designer was responsible for it all. So, then I just went on an internet rabbit hole trying to find info on all this. And I watched/read so much leading up to and after ZSJL came out that I can't pinpoint where it all came from but I know Zack specifically mentioned the Knightmare cowl situation in one of his interviews.

Here's a video from 2016 where the head of Ironhead mentions that he didn't get credit for BvS:

Thanks for that!

Oh man I hate the fact he doesn’t get credited for his amazing work. That BVS cowl is perfection, and the helmet is TDKR made real. Incredible craftsmanship.

Thanks for that!

Oh man I hate the fact he doesn’t get credited for his amazing work. That BVS cowl is perfection, and the helmet is TDKR made real. Incredible craftsmanship.
Agreed. In my opinion BvS Batman’s look was his best in the Snyderverse. Just oozed Frank Miller up and down.

Back