InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a short behind the scenes video on the BvS suit.

Seems the metallic undersuit with high sheen was developed for Justice League. For BvS they had a material with a metallic sheen, but only in certain light as you can see in the video.

What I also love is Zack's attention to detail. I mean who takes a Joseph Campbell quote, converts it to Kryptonian and integrates it into the suit pattern. Wow !

View attachment 652547

They developed a metallic finish muscle suit all the way back for Man of Steel to be worn underneath the mesh suit. It changed between films somewhat, but was always used. They did it to enhance his visible physique since the suit obscured it originally.

IMG_9952.jpeg

You can clearly see it underneath the semi transparent mesh reflecting light in the video, giving him definition. It elevates an otherwise plain looking suit.

IMG_9947.jpeg

IMG_9949.jpeg

Last edited:
Compared to this, where the suit looks fairly lifeless. Hopefully it’s just bad lighting, or a prototype to still be worked on. Hell, even the S shield feels flat with no metallic finish.

IMG_9922.jpeg

Compared to this, where the suit looks fairly lifeless. Hopefully it’s just bad lighting, or a prototype to still be worked on. Hell, even the S shield feels flat with no metallic finish.

View attachment 652577
You can tell that it's there in the prototype. Even in your photo you can see the chromed silver muscle peaking through the abs and thighs.

I think a less matte blue + thinner material would easily solve it. The overall blue section needs to look more "wet" and spandex like. Problem is, I also quite like the more cotton-like fabric that they're using. Never fully a fan of seeing that sticky rubber like suit material Hot Toys uses.

It's currently more closer to how the Man of Steel suit looked than BvS though because of this.

Yik00BD.png

u4764Hh.png

untitled-design-10_5tnq.jpg

I didn't even bother to look at that. I see the acrylic rod, but any idea how he is being held up? I don't see anything clasped to him.
If that's the final stand they go with, I imagine they might incorporate some sort of plug going into his back. That way you don't get the issue you got with Hot Toys waist grabber and it pinching/creasing the suit.

They developed a metallic finish muscle suit all the way back for Man of Steel to be worn underneath the mesh suit. It changed between films somewhat, but was always used. They did it to enhance his visible physique since the suit obscured it originally.

View attachment 652576

You can clearly see it underneath the semi transparent mesh reflecting light in the video, giving him definition. It elevates an otherwise plain looking suit.

View attachment 652574

View attachment 652575
I don't know what film that first pic is from, but according to the suit designer in this short "Justice League" behind the scenes video, he says "this time around" i.e for Justice League they developed the undersuit.

That's why I think the glean on the BvS suit is more from the material. But who knows. Either way it's a cool concept.

@T800 : Not hundred percent sure if that's exactly how they could achieve the black suit colour conversion, but I remember them saying that.

I don't know what film that first pic is from, but according to the suit designer in this short "Justice League" behind the scenes video, he says "this time around" i.e for Justice League they developed the undersuit.

That's why I think the glean on the BvS suit is more from the material. But who knows. Either way it's a cool concept.

@T800 : Not hundred percent sure if that's exactly how they could achieve the black suit colour conversion, but I remember them saying that.

That pic is a behind the scenes shot from Man Of Steel. It's not a big secret or anything. They designed metallic muscle suits for all Cavil's appearances as Superman from Man of Steel forward. It's pretty common knowledge seen on all the making of clips from BvS and MoS. The "glean" is from that under suit underneath the mesh top. JL just made yet another muscle suit (though they used mirror chrome instead of the prior polish steal finishes) But believe what you want.

Fea-vqwacAAl826.jpeg

FebP6LlXoAUwTzq.jpeg

Last edited:
He looks great so far and I think they will only improve the likeness before release. Anybody know if we're getting a rooted hair version as well?

Back