IMPORTANT Heads up about ikea detolfs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellyboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
So i went to IKEA last week to get me some detolfs. All fine until I got home with what i thought was two, but as it turns out was only one! A single detolf comes packaged in TWO separate boxes. Make sure you pick up both parts (1&2), unlike myself! :slap

Wow, I'm sure they did it so they're easier to carry and transport but that's an important bit of info to know when you're there. The closest Ikea to me is about 4 hours away so I'd be pissed if I got home and didn't know I didn't get all the boxes.

Yeah, I think they've been like that for a little over a year now. Definitely a problem if you're not expecting it!

Yup, friend of mine who's 3 hours away picked one up for me - glad he got both boxes otherwise it would have been a real problem.

And I never noticed how spooky looking John Travolta is until seeing your sig! :rotfl

That is a long return trip to take twice. Danny Zuko is up for it.

This happened to me last month. I had bought one two years ago and it was all in o e box so I just wasnt looking for it. Went the self scan check out route, ignored/missed the warning on screen and thoroughly enjoyed my two hour drive back thinking I was going to get to give out but actually ending up looking like a tit!

The staff at the checkout are supposed to check you have both boxes, at least they did at the Tottenham store when I bought one.

This is part of the utopian dream, wherein your job role, you are given the the right training to be able to do it properly!

Back