"Imagine if you will...."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, don't lynch me or anything...

...I would love to see an ultra limited item produced for either Star Wars or LOTR, just so people would revolt and bombard Sideshow with complaints!!! Then maybe, we could get them to stop this nonsense with the ultra limited items across all lines!!! If Sideshow doesn't think an item will sell that many pieces (such as the SSE Universal Monster Premium Format figures), then take pre-orders before they are produced (instead of the "in stock" stunts) and make enough to satisfy demand with a few left over. If that happens to produce an edition size of only 50 or 75 or even 15, then so be it! At least the people who want one will pre-order and the flippers and scalpers will miss out!

COME ON SIDESHOW, PRODUCE A BOBA FETT PREMIUM FORMAT EXCLUSIVE VARIANT LIMITED TO JUST 75!!! I DARE YOU!!! :rotfl

jimmyjamesf said:
Easiest Exclusive ever would be Gollum with Frodos finger limited to 50. :monkey3

Nice!!

I think if they ever did that to SW or LOTR Lonnie you would get that wish in a heartbeat.

jlcmsu said:
Nice!!

I think if they ever did that to SW or LOTR Lonnie you would get that wish in a heartbeat.

Believe me, I don't really want this to happen, but if it ever did, the backlash would be a terrible thing to see...

lcummins said:
Believe me, I don't really want this to happen, but if it ever did, the backlash would be a terrible thing to see...
I don't know if there would be a huge backlash over Frodo's Finger but I can see it being a problem if it was a cool exclusive. The Frodo's finger thing was just me trying to think of what character could have a quick and easy exclusive and Gollum came to mind. I can also see them doing say Sam with Elven Rope etc. Pippin with old toby LOL

jimmyjamesf said:
I don't know if there would be a huge backlash over Frodo's Finger but I can see it being a problem if it was a cool exclusive. The Frodo's finger thing was just me trying to think of what character could have a quick and easy exclusive and Gollum came to mind. I can also see them doing say Sam with Elven Rope etc. Pippin with old toby LOL

Oh, sorry Bob; I just meant an ultra limited LOTR (or Star Wars) variant in general...

lcummins said:
Oh, sorry Bob; I just meant an ultra limited LOTR (or Star Wars) variant in general...
No reason to be sorry at all. I was just thinking I don't really see LOTR or SW collectors getting all up in arms over a bad exclusive that was limited to 50. If it was something that was really cool that is a totally different story.

Call me crazy but I can definitely see it happening with just one character, which has already been mentioned...

Regular edition "Gollum" PF with ES of 1000

Exclusive edition "Smeagol" PF with ES of 50

Don't say you weren't warned... :monkey2

jimmyjamesf said:
Easiest Exclusive ever would be Gollum with Frodos finger limited to 50. :monkey3

I'll buy that for a dollar!!!! :rock

dollarfy1.jpg

FlyAndFight said:
Call me crazy but I can definitely see it happening with just one character, which has already been mentioned...

Regular edition "Gollum" PF with ES of 1000

Exclusive edition "Smeagol" PF with ES of 50

Don't say you weren't warned... :monkey2
I wouldn't be surprised if they do Gollum with an extra Smeagol head as the exclusive.

tomandshell said:
I still say the easiest to produce would be:

Frodo
Exclusive Frodo Wearing the One Ring
Where have you been man. I have like 1000 of those Frodo's just collecting dust in my backyard. I am pretty sure I have #42 so pm me with your details and it's yours.

Captain Aldeggon said:
How much are you offering it for? Would you swap it for the Sideshow Defeated Obi-Wan figure?
Depends. What kind of condition is the defeated Obi Wan in. I heard there were quality control issues with this piece.

Back