I'm getting a Mad Catz Fight Stick/Pad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which controller are you getting?

• I'm a badass and get the Tournament Edition

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm a Stock Standard Edition

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • *Cough*... Fightpad

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I'm getting another brand... (Hori etc.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sorry, I'm a hardcore with my own sweet custom Stick!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
lol... like i said the TE stick isn't exactly cheap so i'm guessing that they will be found shortly after release next week. i just don't see everyone being able to keep the LE game and the $150 TE stick on order.

Anybody??????

I haven't used it myself, but from what I hear the stick is comparable to the HRAP 3. I mean, it's a Hori stick so one should expect high quality. Compared to the SFIV TE stick, the Hori HRAP EX is a bit lacking. It doesn't have authentic arcade cabinet buttons and it lacks a turbo switch - both of which the SFIV TE has. On top of all that, the HRAP EX is only $20 cheaper than the SFIV TE (and the TE is a limited edition).

If you're desperate for a good fight stick and you don't care about Turbo switch functionality or authentic buttons (something you can easily mod yourself), this stick is fine.

Honestly, at that price, I'd say wait for the SFIV TE stick to be made available again or get a cheaper stick.

Btw, Hori did make a version of the HRAP EX with authentic arcade parts, it's called the HRAP EX SE and it's pricey:

3228517572_f8169b5835_o.jpg

I haven't used it myself, but from what I hear the stick is comparable to the HRAP 3. I mean, it's a Hori stick so one should expect high quality. Compared to the SFIV TE stick, the Hori HRAP EX is a bit lacking. It doesn't have authentic arcade cabinet buttons and it lacks a turbo switch - both of which the SFIV TE has. On top of all that, the HRAP EX is only $20 cheaper than the SFIV TE (and the TE is a limited edition).

If you're desperate for a good fight stick and you don't care about Turbo switch functionality or authentic buttons (something you can easily mod yourself), this stick is fine.

Honestly, at that price, I'd say wait for the SFIV TE stick to be made available again or get a cheaper stick.

Btw, Hori did make a version of the HRAP EX with authentic arcade parts, it's called the HRAP EX SE and it's pricey:

3228517572_f8169b5835_o.jpg

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. I really like the TE extra size over the regular version.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. I really like the TE extra size over the regular version.

What's also great about the TE is the Turbo switch! If you're planning to use your arcade stick to play other games (like the ones on Xbox Live Arcade), the turbo switch can be very useful. I use on a number of games such as Metal Slug. It also has a compartment to hold the cable, which the HRAP EX doesn't have:

290.jpg

289.jpg

I also like the placement of the start/back buttons (which are similarly placed on the standard SF stick).

Mad Catz or not, the SFIV TE is a fantastic stick. I really wish I could nab one, but with the economy the way it is, it's just out of my price range when it comes to gaming.

The HRAP EX is a good stick though, just not up to snuff compared to the TE.

What's also great about the TE is the Turbo switch! If you're planning to use your arcade stick to play other games (like the ones on Xbox Live Arcade), the turbo switch can be very useful. I use on a number of games such as Metal Slug. It also has a compartment to hold the cable, which the HRAP EX doesn't have:

290.jpg

289.jpg

I also like the placement of the start/back buttons (which are similarly placed on the standard SF stick).

Mad Catz or not, the SFIV TE is a fantastic stick. I really wish I could nab one, but with the economy the way it is, it's just out of my price range when it comes to gaming.

wow.. did not know about the storage spot. that's an awesome little feature that isn't important, but definitely a good idea.

dammit i really want a TE stick now. i would have preordered but wasn't sure with preorders and such if i would have the extra cash, I do but can't order now. I'll try and find one, even if i have to hound my local Gamestops to see if they had any cancellations.

dammit i really want a TE stick now. i would have preordered but wasn't sure with preorders and such if i would have the extra cash, I do but can't order now. I'll try and find one, even if i have to hound my local Gamestops to see if they had any cancellations.

good luck man. I called a crap load of stores here in NYC and all of them were out.

I think stores didnt get very many to begin with and whatever they did get went to those who preordered first.

are the TE sticks completely limited editions or is it only limited for the release of SF4 game with a general release after?

I might end up staying with the standard 360 controller. The fightpad only has 8ft of cable, and where I will be playing I sit more than 8 ft from the 360.

are the TE sticks completely limited editions or is it only limited for the release of SF4 game with a general release after?

some sites have a 2nd ship date in April I think so I think they are making more, this was just the first release.

some sites have a 2nd ship date in April I think so I think they are making more, this was just the first release.

yeah i just preordered one for the april release. oh well, waiting a month and half is no big deal to me.

Im normally not a fan of sticks but this one looks too pimp to pass up.

I've ordered 3 x SE from amazon.com, but I can't have them shipped to Australia... But lucky Mesa offered to send them over to me Down Under! He should get them new week! :)

Saw the Blanka and Chun Li fightpad at BB today. They said they aren't even suppose to sell them yet but they are? :rolleyes:

Regardless, 8ft of cable is not enough. Sticking to the standard 360 controller.

I just started hearing that the SE should have it's joystick swapped out, straight out of the box...? Has anyone heard anything else about this?

From what i've read on a few SFIV-centric forums, a number of Mad catz SE sticks have an issue in which the stick either does not respond to your precise movement (I.e. You move the stick up but your character moves right) or gets stuck in a particular movement. Apparently it's caused by a metal washer inside the case attached to the shaft of the stick. I don't know the full details, but the people who posted these problems have remarked that this issue can cause real damage to the stick over time. (as read on the NeoGaf and SRK gaming forums)

That sucks, I reordered the SE, I hope I don't run into this problem.

Back