Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She’s very………flexible.

BvtxHiM.jpg

Though I can't say as much for the front-bottom of her uniform (which is verrry narrow). Aside from the uncharacteristic chest dimensions, I'd like to note her leg camo and am curious as to how it will appear on the final seamless body.

Additionally, I just now noticed that SFV Cammy wears red socks (sorry Bleacher Creatures :D ).

How are Iconiq bodies durability wise in dynamic poses? Any reports of problems?
I have 3 custom SF figures build on TBLeague bodies set up in fight poses and they ALL cracked heavily under armpits.
Iconiq is using TBLeague bodies, right?
So this is to be expected to happen with their figures also?
I like their announcements but I don't want to pay 350$ and a year later have cracked bodies. I know we have to avoid dynamic poses with silicone bodies, but it does not make any sense to have SF figures in museum poses...

How are Iconiq bodies durability wise in dynamic poses? Any reports of problems?
I have 3 custom SF figures build on TBLeague bodies set up in fight poses and they ALL cracked heavily under armpits.
I like their announcements but I don't want to pay 350$ and a year later have cracked bodies. I know we have to avoid dynamic poses with silicone bodies, but it does not make any sense to have SF figures in museum poses...
I can't predict total longevity, but my Ryu feels highly durable. I don't push him beyond his means and I take very good care of my figures. I don't keep him in extreme poses very long, but I also feel that so long as I'm not pushing the body to its limits it will be just fine for the foreseeable future.

I’ve had my Ryu since April and the arms have been bent 100% of the time. It’s perfectly fine so far. I also have it in an acrylic case because I’m terrified of getting dust on the figure.

Yeah Ryu is a Thicc boi solid body heavy but durable and flexible without issue so far. I may do more dynamic poses when I have time for a photo shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_3040.jpeg
    IMG_3040.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I do push mine for 2 weeks then change pose. I do treat my tbleague figures with silicone finishing powder

I was checking the two Chung Li's, did anyone else notice the seam lines on both bodies? I have ryu, and i don't see any.
Tbleague bodies I believe are the only ones to not have seam lines. It’s part of their design. All other silicone bodies have lines. Including hot toys and Gametoys

I hope this helps

I've never owned a TBleague body but are they actually silicone? or are they TPE? because they're quite different.

Hello. New to this collecting game. I’m a Ryu main. Is there a way to buy? I couldn’t find him on any websites. I mostly collect chogokins or Gundam metal builds .

Hello. New to this collecting game. I’m a Ryu main. Is there a way to buy? I couldn’t find him on any websites. I mostly collect chogokins or Gundam metal builds .
These are pretty limited runs, so the chances of finding one brand new at any storefront are pretty much over.

Unless they do a reissue, your best bet is going to be on the second-hand market. Check Ebay or 1/6 figure sites for sellers or trades.

Hey guys, today I'm a bit sad as I found my Ryu has started to crack. They are very small at the moment, but I'm curious if anyone has any advice on repairs or further prevention. I tested out the 'super glue on a sewing needle' on an older Phicen that has elbow split, and it worked for sealing the split, but glue residue is on the surface of the skin now and is noticeable. Not sure if that's my approach here.

20240205_223630.jpg

I don't use dynamic poses, in fact I had him in a very neutral pose, but I guess having his arm too close to his side put too much pressure on the shoulder. Plus it was -40° C a few weeks back here in Canada so possibly the dry weather had affect as well.

20240205_223558.jpg

This is his current pose, to put less pressure on his arms. I know, it's a bit goofy. My old pose was this, but he was holding his Gi top and his arm (pictured left, with the fist) was close against his side. That's the side with the small tears.

Anyways. Any advice welcomed

Hey guys, today I'm a bit sad as I found my Ryu has started to crack. They are very small at the moment, but I'm curious if anyone has any advice on repairs or further prevention. I tested out the 'super glue on a sewing needle' on an older Phicen that has elbow split, and it worked for sealing the split, but glue residue is on the surface of the skin now and is noticeable. Not sure if that's my approach here.

View attachment 687893

I don't use dynamic poses, in fact I had him in a very neutral pose, but I guess having his arm too close to his side put too much pressure on the shoulder. Plus it was -40° C a few weeks back here in Canada so possibly the dry weather had affect as well.

View attachment 687894

This is his current pose, to put less pressure on his arms. I know, it's a bit goofy. My old pose was this, but he was holding his Gi top and his arm (pictured left, with the fist) was close against his side. That's the side with the small tears.

Anyways. Any advice welcomed
That kind of cold and dry weather can definitely affect figures like this. It may not help fix Ryu up, but do you have a humidifier you can use to help create a more climate controlled room? That should help prevent more damage.

Sorry to hear the body is splitting. I don’t recall if Iconiq had any warranty or replacement policy for the body.

That’s very concerning since I’ve never even posed my Ryu - just took it straight out of the box and into my display. I guess these silicone bodies will all inevitably crack.

Andy(?) from Iconiq mentioned in an interview he took the figure home for several months and posed the figure in several positions and the stress did not crack the body.

I’m sure part of that was all PR marketing spin but I guess any test cannot account for every factor, such as extreme climate in your case.

What a joke... 400$ figure with a shelf life of 1-2 years.
It was to be expected, that's why I passed.
I have some TBLeague custom SF figures that I did a couple of years ago and they ALL cracked. Well at least I spend half as much on them and I can always do a body swap.
Keeping a SF figure in a non-dynamic pose is apsurd. Why buy a figure then?
This kind of photos of cracks on these figures are going to appear more and more from now on.
This line is a hard pass...

That kind of cold and dry weather can definitely affect figures like this. It may not help fix Ryu up, but do you have a humidifier you can use to help create a more climate controlled room? That should help prevent more damage.
That's an investment I may have to make. I should have been more precarious about how my cold weather can affect these types of figures, I was just very surprised it affected one of my most recent TBLeague bodies. I've only had Ryu for 1.5 years. I have about 7 or 8 other TBLeague/Jiaou Doll bodies that don't have any issues. But they are museum posed, as I know the deteriorative nature of these figures. I do, however, have one that has an elbow crack because he was in an "extreme pose" (his hand was in his pocket lol) and the elbow started to get these micro-tears. It's a shame. That's the one I super glue tested, and I'm fine with the unperfect outcome, but I don't know if I can perform such a risky procedure on Ryu. I really care about this figure. And I know the tears are small, I actually can't even see them when he's in the pose I photographed, so they won't get any worse, but yea. It just feels disheartening. Sorry to bring bad news to this thread, I was just hoping for any advice.

Sorry to hear the body is splitting. I don’t recall if Iconiq had any warranty or replacement policy for the body.

That’s very concerning since I’ve never even posed my Ryu - just took it straight out of the box and into my display. I guess these silicone bodies will all inevitably crack.

Andy(?) from Iconiq mentioned in an interview he took the figure home for several months and posed the figure in several positions and the stress did not crack the body.

I’m sure part of that was all PR marketing spin but I guess any test cannot account for every factor, such as extreme climate in your case.
Appreciate your comment. I'm unsure if they have any warranty as well, I'll check in with the website, but I doubt they are producing Ryu's bodies still or even have extras to spare, with Akuma being in production now. It's a shame because I really thought, with the size of Ryu, that the silicone wouldn't split so easily. But just be weary of keeping him posed in any pose that's outside of the shape he was cast in. That's what someone over in the Final Fantasy thread had mentioned. It's great advice I wish I had heard a little sooner. But it does bring up the point of: what's the point of having such an amazing articulate figure if we are unable to display them in such poses without great risks? It's just... sigh, kind of strange. These type of bodies still have a way to go. My most recent figure was the Advent Children Cloud Strife from Gametoys, and they apparently used a medical grade silicone for his upper half, and the quality feels incredible. Softer to the touch, and more durable feeling than TBLeague. I'm interested to see if it can withstand the test of time.

What a joke... 400$ figure with a shelf life of 1-2 years.
It was to be expected, that's why I passed.
I have some TBLeague custom SF figures that I did a couple of years ago and they ALL cracked. Well at least I spend half as much on them and I can always do a body swap.
Keeping a SF figure in a non-dynamic pose is apsurd. Why buy a figure then?
This kind of photos of cracks on these figures are going to appear more and more from now on.
This line is a hard pass...
I'm sorry I brought these feelings to the surface. I share your frustrations. I suppose it's just the nature of these TBLeague bodies. I'm not sure if a stronger material will be available, and if it is, how expensive will that be? These figures are truly amazing, don't get me wrong, but I certainly share your dismay with the expense of the figure versus the longevity of its integrity.

Does the silicone still break even stored inside the box?
Not too sure, I mean, the pose I had mine in was similar to the pose he comes out of the box in lol, but the difference here being - there's silica gel inside the box, and I endured -40 degrees celsius a few weeks ago, so I think it was totally a climate thing. I'm sure most other Ryus are fine, it's just sad that mine is the first to go! :monkey2 I might try to get ballsy later on and attempt a fix. Will post if I fix or ruin it 🤠

Back