"I want my phone call...I want it" HT Joker Diorama WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if he'd pop in more and update us.

Last edited:
Did you all pay at the same time?? All batches at the same time, or did you pay when your batch number was up? I think when it comes to paying it should be paid when your batch is up. So the wait doesn't seem as long.

I paid back either late September or early October, but I don't know about the rest of the people in the same batch.

You know the most puzzling thing I find, is this is suppose to be peoples great pride and hobby including the creators. I'm talking about nearly all the customizers that seem to fall into the same trap.

Perhaps the biggest flaw nowadays is once they have your money even half the motivation goes. So why deliver. Why tell you whats happening.

It should be create the items then when it's ready the customer pays up. It seems to be far too easy for customizers to get a load of cash and disappear for a long time. Yet the same excuses are becoming so wearying. While other people wait 2 years for items and the timeframe keeps growing.

I know what you're saying, but why would a customiser run the risk of building your item, and then you not paying for it because you've changed your mind?

In my opinion, he never charged enough for these from the beginning, and now there are obviously financial problems.

I know what you're saying, but why would a customiser run the risk of building your item, and then you not paying for it because you've changed your mind?

Hows this any different to people canceling Hot Toys figures the same goes for sideshowtoy orders?

If that customer cancelled, there will always be someone out there that would buy it if it's ready.

In my opinion, he never charged enough for these from the beginning, and now there are obviously financial problems.

I don't know much of this but the same trend seems to be happening a lot around here. Whether they paid up or not or customizers no longer taking commissions and just disappearing without being upfront about it and you're left hanging, "whats happening?".

While I have had a good experience with Zahal i'm disappointed that some of you guys have been left hanging like this.

I agree with Vodoun that perhaps the most logical solution is for customers to perhaps only pay a very small fraction of the total up front, maybe 10% as like a booking fee, which is non-refundable (to protect the customizer's in case they spend a lot on producing the item but the customer walks away), with the balance on completion.

I think, if customizers are willing, this could be taken further, with an agreement of sorts that if the item is not ready by a quoted delivery time, then there will be some kind of discount on the final price. I think maybe 6 months is reasonable before you start applying any discounts. Thoughts?

i think different customizers have different ways of working. i think a discount timeframe should be up to them, whether they do it at all, and if they do how long it should be. i'm waiting on tons of stuff well over 2 years old.

but to be honest, if a cutomizer won't engage in any communication at all, then basically you're screwed. if they won't respond to emails they certainly won't give you a refund. i sank a crapload of money into chris howes projects, and i thought i'd learnt my lesson. guess i was wrong.

While I have had a good experience with Zahal i'm disappointed that some of you guys have been left hanging like this.

I agree with Vodoun that perhaps the most logical solution is for customers to perhaps only pay a very small fraction of the total up front, maybe 10% as like a booking fee, which is non-refundable (to protect the customizer's in case they spend a lot on producing the item but the customer walks away), with the balance on completion.

I think, if customizers are willing, this could be taken further, with an agreement of sorts that if the item is not ready by a quoted delivery time, then there will be some kind of discount on the final price. I think maybe 6 months is reasonable before you start applying any discounts. Thoughts?

Hows this any different to people canceling Hot Toys figures the same goes for sideshowtoy orders?

If that customer cancelled, there will always be someone out there that would buy it if it's ready.

Because there is no customiser out there with the financial clout of Hot Toys or Sideshow?

If I knocked 50 of these up and then half my customers changed their minds then financially I'm in trouble.

Well you don't make all your orders then ask for the rest of the money from the customers.

Whether he is overwhelmed or not, it would at least be nice to get a response back. I sent him an email a few weeks ago and nothing.

...I WILL NOT Rip anyone off. Third I feel horrible since I have not had time to check the boards, I am sure people are freaking out. It sucks cause the SSF boards is a place I love so much, but I almost feel like I can't sign on since I have been absent for so long...catch 22 right? The longer I stay away the more ticked people become, then I feel worse about the whole situation. ...

...I WILL make it right with everyone. I will either send them the dio I owe them or if they choose I will refund them their $$$ back.

Of course to be honest, I hope most of you still want the diorama, since there is no way I could manage all the refunds right now. I have already resumed work on the dios again on these this week.

Bottom line, no one will get ripped off, this thing got way out of hand and I took way too many orders, and got overwhelmed. But I will make it right. Hang in there fellas.

thanks,

mike

So that was from almost 2 1/2 months.

He has our money and it is his responsibility to get us our items (or refund if need be).

Also, it's his responsibility to keep us up to date.

I doubt he's so preoccupied that he can't take a few minutes and update us.

I don't want to get the fires burning but... :dunno

Man, this is really upsetting... I really want my diorama. We paid for it so damn long ago.

maybe we could at least ban him from this forum. I really am in a difficult financial situation and this makes me sick to see someone scam us like that...

Back