I got my Gentle Giant Vader Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the GG pieces because they are very similar to the SSW LOTR pieces in size and quality. Not to mention they are also the same price range. I really can't afford as much as I'd like to go putting out $300+ on SS SW figures.

Good points here. I personally love my GG vader, and the entire full size figure GG lineup has blown me away so far. I also personally find th 1/6 scale a pleasing representation and enjoy the symmetry in size and resin construction between my two favorite movies vs. the Weta LOTR lineup. I do have the Sideshow StarWars pieces on order, but haven't really decided how they fit into my long term collecting plans. At the least the investment should be safe. I'm sure once I see them they'll be hard to part with. Besides, I suspect GG, especially once the busts are considered will have a much larger lineup. So - probably I'll end up with something like: Sideshow 1/4 scale for "major" characters: Luke, Han, (maybe even Darth, who knows), then Gentle giant 1/6 scale for the remaining principles Chewie, C3PO, etc. and finally GG busts for the remaining menagerie of the SW universe (minor bounty hunters, Tarkin, etc.). Anyway, that seems a reasonable balance of size and budget vs. centrality to the story, if anything in this hobby/addiction is "reasonable". :lol

Yeah, thats me kind of mixing both in and probably having a SS Vader and GG Vader or something like that.

It's all retarded........ to each his own....

:mwaha :lol ... not again.

I agree with both jlc and spaceman. I've chosen the GG SW statue line over the other manufacturers mainly because of the 1/6 scale as I also collect the SSW pieces and they look very nice when displayed together.

Re: re

where can i find one of these for a decent price??? after looking at the pics im gonna cave in and buy one.

Good Choice. This piece is very very very good I think you'll be very happy with it.

I don't know that I would buy from that Bob guy........ once he gets his clutches into you, you'll never escape.

Jesse

Le Godfather! :rock Although I hate the fact he sends personal self photos with every package sent to his customers. :p

I agree Danny, if they wern't naked pictures it would be no big deal. :eek :puke

Jesse

To true Jesse, did you get the naked one with him in front of the mirror with nothing but his UC Sauron helm.... :|

All I know is it looked like he was doing the naked robot. EWWWWWW!!!!

Jesse

I got mine today courtesy of Adam, thank you! Very pleased with the piece, the size and weight were very surprising worth the wait.

:rock on Gentle Giant

Back