I’ll Start... How Far Can We Go? You Decide! V2 ESB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye ****?
I'd just as soon **** a wookie!
I can arrange that. You could use a good ****!

Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
I'd just as soon kiss a wookie.
I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss!
70dzog.jpg

l15Vwc6vqcXmzqIUgAmQ7SWzCO4-b87avmppyUEwTG0.jpg

70dzvf.jpg

70e10n.gif

Continue...!

Last edited:
Don't try to blame me. I didn't ask you to turn on the thermal heater. I merely commented that it was freezing in the princess' chamber. But it's supposed to be freezing. How are we going to dry out all her clothes? I really don't know.

Beep! Bleep!

Oh switch off!

Excuse me Sir!

Put them back together right now!

Might I have a word with you please?

Well, Princess Leia is wondering about Master Luke. He hasn’t come back yet. She doesn’t know where he is.

I don’t know where he is!

Nobody knows where he is…

Whatdoyoumean NObody knows!? Deck Officer!!

Amongst us old timers, that is pretty much universally true…

1977 Star Wars was an event. A phenomenon. Nothing like had ever seen before, and we were TOTALLY blown away!

No streaming services, and not even a home video option for us in those days, so we had to show up, time after time, pay our fares, and take it all in again and again and again!

The script became a chorus whose refrain we sung over and over in our heads on a loop because of how great it was, how moved we were, and how much we loved it!

I started that first thread, in all honesty, not to see how well we could perform a Google query for the script, execute YouTube searches, or pull up the movie on Disney+ and transcribe what we saw. I honestly wanted to see how much of the script we could recall from the deep reaches of our minds from those first 1977 screenings and/or all the home screenings since.

I admit, I became a bit of a Disney+ transcriber more than a few times when the lines got a bit too obscure for my memory, but save a few major lines here and there, if we continue with the ESB quoting, it will be much more of a research project than pulling verses and refrains from the song in my head like the original.

So folks will argue that ESB was the superior film, and I never argue that point on an empirical basis at all. But (for me at least) nothing hit like the original, and I make no apologies!

*Momentary Derailment Complete*
Yep. I love both but SW is number 1 for me.

I learned most of the dialogue from taping it on cassette when it first appeared on Showtime.

I didn’t get to go to the movies as much then so I relived the movie through the old SW baseball cards and the soundtrack

I didn’t get to go to the movies as much then so I relived the movie through the old SW baseball cards and the soundtrack

My friend and I would go almost every Saturday to see the noon show, then hide in the curtains to watch a 2nd showing.

By end of summer I knew every line (even Greedo's) like lyrics to a two-hour song.

Back