I’ll Start... How Far Can We Go? You Decide! V2 ESB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know empire as well as a new hope… not even close
Not only that, one of it's most famous lines is often misquoted
as “Luke, I am your father” instead of “No. I am your father.”

Continued (i think):

-I thought you'd decided to stay.
-Well those Bounty Hunters we ran into in/on? Ord Mantell changed my mind.

(was this incident ever fleshed out in an expanded U tale (or a reference to the Holiday special cartoon Fett meeting?) I'm surprised it's not already it's own ep IV.5 movie :lol )

Last edited:
70b74v.jpg

70b69y.jpg

Not surprised. While I was reading the Marvel comics at the time, I did not have access to those Daily Comic strips.
I'll have to check it out.
Though my childhood head canon had once imagined it a loose reference to their Holiday special run in with Fett.
tycrq.gif
tyd8m.gif

tydd5.gif
tydgl.gif

tydlo.gif
tydqu.gif

Last edited:
I don’t know empire as well as a new hope… not even close
Amongst us old timers, that is pretty much universally true…

1977 Star Wars was an event. A phenomenon. Nothing like had ever seen before, and we were TOTALLY blown away!

No streaming services, and not even a home video option for us in those days, so we had to show up, time after time, pay our fares, and take it all in again and again and again!

The script became a chorus whose refrain we sung over and over in our heads on a loop because of how great it was, how moved we were, and how much we loved it!

I started that first thread, in all honesty, not to see how well we could perform a Google query for the script, execute YouTube searches, or pull up the movie on Disney+ and transcribe what we saw. I honestly wanted to see how much of the script we could recall from the deep reaches of our minds from those first 1977 screenings and/or all the home screenings since.

I admit, I became a bit of a Disney+ transcriber more than a few times when the lines got a bit too obscure for my memory, but save a few major lines here and there, if we continue with the ESB quoting, it will be much more of a research project than pulling verses and refrains from the song in my head like the original.

So folks will argue that ESB was the superior film, and I never argue that point on an empirical basis at all. But (for me at least) nothing hit like the original, and I make no apologies!

*Momentary Derailment Complete*

1977 Star Wars was an event. A phenomenon. Nothing like had ever seen before, and we were TOTALLY blown away!

No streaming services, and not even a home video option for us in those days, so we had to show up, time after time, pay our fares, and take it all in again and again and again!

The script became a chorus whose refrain we sung over and over in our heads on a loop because of how great it was, how moved we were, and how much we loved it!

But (for me at least) nothing hit like the original, and I make no apologies!

Me too!!! Totally truth!

And what precisely am I supposed to know?

Cahhhhm ahhhhhnnnnn. You want me to stay because of the way you feel about me!

Back